Thread: Ghost Moogle

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Can a moogle be trained to beat senseless anyone they spot with a bazaar containing nothing but a 100M gil love chocolate?
    Noooooo! :cry: Because then he would be beating me up senseless all the time and I have very little sense as it is. :sob:

lol Seriously though, I have a different character for bazaaring items I wish to actually sell that I AFK in. I try not to AFK with my main because of the "gallery" items I have in his bazaar. As an anniversary gift from my husband one year, he created a female tarutaru charactar just so my main character could have an in-game wedding. All the items in that character's bazaar set to max price is related to that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is not everyone one with a maxed priced item is trying to be a troll. Some people do it to share a special moment/memory they have in the game. I wasn't aware that it was even an issue for people until I started participating in the forums here.

Neopets.com had a similiar issue going on with their custom shops a few years ago. People, myself included, would place their collections in their shops as a display gallery. The site's solution to this was to create a specialty shop called gallery. Anything placed in there has no price now, but is available for public viewing seperate from the sellables they might have from their shops.

My thought here in this is maybe SE can provide players a similiar kind of option. Right now we get a brown sack next to our names when we place anything in our bazaar. Would it be difficult to add a new sack icon with a different color for those that have "gallery" items in their bazaar to notify people that are shopping we don't have anything to sell? This will allow shoppers to skip over gallery bazaars and focus on those actually selling something without hindering those that wish to display something for the sake of a precious memory.
    (0)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    All of my money for this.
    The odd thing about my comment there is that I posted it to be funny, unaware that there was an honest issue with the max pricing of items in bazaars. Afterwards I got to thinking about how FFXIAH posts a list of bazaars and what people have in them. I don't know how that information gets there. I have never seen any of my characters' bazaars listed.

However, between my earlier post in this thread regarding galleries and adding a shopping mog that searches bazaars for you I think the problem with the bazaar shopping could be allievated.

I think I should start a seperate thread for that.
    (0)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

Player
    People using Guildwork, and people examined by people using Guildwork.
    (0)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Okay, but not everyone uses Guildwork. I don't think it's bad if people do but if the game has a problem, then SE should be building a solution to that problem within the game. I realize that in the grand scheme of things this might be a minor issue. They shouldn't be leaving the minor issues to 3rd parties to address when they have such a strong stance against 3rd party programs. Either they need to start buying some of the really good 3rd party add-ons and build them into the game or they need to start fixing the issues themselves.

Edit: fixed a typo >.<
    (1)

Player
    Oh I agree, just you said you didn't know how it pops up on AH.com, so I wanted to let ya know. So far as I know, thats also how the DB site works, it collects drop info from the Guildwork app and sends it to them, anything sent from the same mob with the same drops within a few seconds of one another is discounted, as to not count 6 people seeing 1 dead mob as 6 different kills. In the end it creates a much more accurate drop rate database for the players, and its exactly why I'm sure that SE would never do it. The Bazaar thing might though, sorry to rant.
    (0)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Ranting has its place and purpose though.

So even though I, or anyone else, launches a rant I listen through what the rant is about and if it's just an emotional vent, I let it go but if it's something that could be resolved and it's shared by more than one person then I start to consider possiblities to address it.

Afterall, a rant emerges because a problem of some kind triggered it.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadie-Odie View Post
    The odd thing about my comment there is that I posted it to be funny, unaware that there was an honest issue with the max pricing of items in bazaars.
    I thought it was funny too. I've got a +1 Galkan Sausage in my Bazaar, it's been there for going on 3 years now. My best buddy ingame cooked it up for my birthday, and it's been in my inventory ever since, collecting mold and bits of hair.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3