Thread: Ghost Moogle

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Randnum View Post
    Mine doesn't always warp home. I can get stuff out of Mog Safe and such actually.
    The last time I actually was able to interact with the moogle it actually didn't let me access the safe or locker, similar to if you went to the "view house" option anywhere outside your mog house.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    they should program the moogles to be able to move about the towns. That would be awsome!
    (0)

Character
    Risae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    The last time I actually was able to interact with the moogle it actually didn't let me access the safe or locker, similar to if you went to the "view house" option anywhere outside your mog house.
    Sometimes I can get things, sometimes I can't. My Moogle is moody.
    (0)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Well if you look at it that way then they shouldn't just warp back home as soon as you look at(target) them.
    the reason why they warp is because its not really your Moogle, it's someone elses that just happened to go into their MH the same time you selected it, so he had to warp.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Revati View Post
    Yesterday in Port Jeuno I was walking towards the signet NPC. Near Shami, I saw a Moogle that I could target that I had never seen before. When I got close enough to click him he was gone. There wasn't even a green dot for him on radar. Anybody know what that's about?
    When you target it, it will dissapear, but it is your moogle. You can look into your MH, but not take anything from it. You can though, take things out of your delivery box.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    one time i got to access it but i had to be quick but he usually disappears as soon as i target. i think the one in (s) sandy used to occasionally show up as carby or fenrir or something from time to time. but that was back in the day when the citys were under constant siege.
    (0)

Character
    Cabensis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    From my experiance with working with UDK and other like engines, this is common, but usually the default coordinate point location is nowhere near where players traverse as to avoid this problem with Graphics rendering, especially in a game that has the client side do Z axis.

Every zone by default for select objects, most notably NPCs used/called in cut scenes, are stored at a default point in zone data, say X:0.0 Y:0.0 for example. What your seeing is just the occasional glitch from going/leaving your Mog House where data was still reloading into your memory(job change/zone fast can do this).

The Moogle was and still is in the zone data, it doesn't remove it until targeted, which calls in a whole other operation that determines that the target shouldn't be targeted and should be considered inactive/despawned. That targeting operation i speak of, has had its fair shares of mess ups in the past, dead floating names/avatars, hnms still showing dead bodies/names, etc.

The reason the Moogle is even their is cause he is apart of the zone, as Mog Houses are not separate zones, but a crammed away area/position on the town map you're currently zoned in from. Due to FFXI's coding, server side wise, Z axis coordinates are not shared, making it client side. Automations for a while during besieged use to pop up in peoples Mog Houses as the Mog House in that zone was right smack under the town map. Automations of others would fall through your ceiling into your Mog House during besieges because your Client side handling of the Z axis would try to default/normalize it to the nearest Z-axis collision floor(your mog house). Sorta like two people comparing two game screens, one can be down a steep ledge, and up on top of it on another screen, when the persons really only one or the other, its how your client reads it. The automation glitch only happened with Pets and not players usually, due to pets having the worst pathing code in the history of gaming imo.

In rent a rooms, your furniture is also transparent, but the position, direction, and model data is still buffered into the memory over the rent a rooms data. People with a lot of crap in their house will notice a stutter of FPS when zoning in from this.

Additional info:

Just about every zone has Moogles in it. Usually called in for debugging, but they still call in the default Mog house command. RMT exploited this about 5 years ago or so by client side changing the visibility status and coordinates of the moogles in question. Allowing them to change job on the go/recover HP/MP. SE patched this and any use of a Moogle that calls the Mog House data, outside of a city or town, will flag you for instant GM jail.

Using and talking to one in Town like Jeuno, if your quick enough to beat the targeting flagging it as inactive, won't get you banned or flagged, although most of the functions won't work(Mog Safe/Locker I believe don't work), Delivery Box does tho. I've done this a bunch of times.
    (3)
    Last edited by Calintzpso; 12-30-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintzpso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EVERY GM EVER View Post
    Working as intended...lol

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadie-Odie View Post
    I think it would be even cooler if he followed you around and pointed out interesting bazaars too.
    Can a moogle be trained to beat senseless anyone they spot with a bazaar containing nothing but a 100M gil love chocolate?
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Jeville
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadie-Odie View Post
    I think it would be even cooler if he followed you around and pointed out interesting bazaars too.
    All of my money for this.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast