Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Bug? In Abyssea, game claims you removed a status debuff, yet it still remains.

Something I have wondered about. In Abyssea, when I am poisoned, paralyzed, plagued, etc. I could have the WHM remove it, or use Healing Waltz to remove it. It gets removed for a split second. Log shows "You have removed "x" from "x"" Then next second its back on again. Now these are not from Auras that some NMs give out either. So am just wondering, is it a bug that game tells you it removed the debuff, yet it comes right back up like it never was removed? Sometimes takes a WHM 3-4 times before it finally STAYS off.

Platform: PC
    ISP: Cox Cable
    Type of Internet Connection: Cable
    Internet Connection Speed: 25Mbps
    Date & Time: Anytime
    Frequency: Daily
    Character Name: Mystaria
    Race: Elvaan
    World: Sylph
    Main Job: WHM
    Support Job: BLM
    Area and Coordinates: Abyssea areas
    Party or Solo: Party
    NPC Name: NA
    Monster Name: Various Abyssea Mobs
    Steps:
    1. Monster uses or casts a debuff on someone
    2. WHM or DNC try to remove the debuff and succeeds. (Log reports successful removal of debuff)
    3. Wait a split second and the debuff is back (without Mob having recasted or used ability to put it back on)
    (0)
    Last edited by Mysticales; 01-30-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

Greetings Mysticales,

We appreciate your reporting this information. In order for us to help you, however, we ask you to submit as many of the following details as possible:

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Main Job:
    Support Job:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    NPC Name:
    Monster Name:
    Steps:

By providing us with these details, you will help us to isolate and diagnose the issue.

Again, I thank you for your time, Mysticales, and I wish you only the best.

~GM Baudle
    (0)

Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Edited the 1st post. This doesnt just happen to me. Happens to people I party with as well. Where it feels as if the game lies to you when it says someone successfully removed the status effect. Yet it comes back, so its annoying for the healers to keep spamming the status remove spell/ability till it finally is removed.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Question, out of curiosity: what monster were you fighitng? Many monsters in abyssea have an "aura" effect, which grants a status debuff at close range and, while it can be "removed" comes right back because you're still within range of the aura. It might help to look into which monster you're fighting, because that aura effect might be the trouble.

Edit: My apologies, I missed the part in the first post that says there was no aura, but can you post which mob it was anyway? It could be odd mechanics.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kensagaku; 01-30-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Could it be a continuous gaze-status effect? Such as peistes use with Grim Glower.
    (0)

Character
    Mystaria
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Its not gaze, I know that one heh. Next time I do some aby stuff, Ill note the mobs we are on. But yea, hate the fact sometimes that it takes 2-3 tries to remove something before it finally sticks. It doesnt always happen. Just enough to be annoying.
    (0)

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused for you. I see the other posters have been helpful in providing some remedies to your trouble. Can you try them out and see if you are still having this issue? If so, please let us know if you are still having a problem or resolved your issue so we can either escalate the matter further or close out the thread.

Special thanks to the other posters and their help.

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)