Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Extreme lag on Slavage BREM II

Upon entry to Slavage Brem II we some of us experienced extreme lag between when we would hit macros, move, and spell fx.

It really was bad floor 3-5, where I would cast a song and 30 seconds later i'd see the song icon appear, but did not witness the song animation. Also when opening the boss door, I would see the glow but the door animation would not open, yet I saw others in my party able to pass though, but for me it appeared closed and would not let me though till all were though.

Others in my party experienced similar lag issues, but they seemed to jump around from player to player.

Platform: PC/Windows
    ISP: Time Warner Cable
    Type of Internet Connection: Cable
    Internet Connection Speed: 10Mbit/s
    Date & Time: 12/19/12 8:00pm Hawaii Standard Time
    Frequency: Varied from player to player

Character Name: VoiceMemo
    Race: Hume M
    World: Asura
    Main Job: BRD
    Support Job: WHM

Area and Coordinates: Salvage BREM II
    Party or Solo: Alliance 10 members
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: None
    Steps:

Entered BREM, some said they saw lag at strart, I did not see any lag till we hit 3rd floor, then EVERYONE seemed to be lagging in terms of hitting macro, and 10-30 sec later the fx would go off. I have no problems with lag in any other zones, on FFXI Bench 3, my computer is ranked over 10,000 on low quality, running Dual SLI, very high end computer for FFXI. So I do not believe it is my connection nor computer as others in my alliance were saying they too were experiencing lag.
    (2)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 12-20-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Character
    Hidegger
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I had similar problems to these, I play on PS2 and the rest of my party on PCs complained about the same type of lag during Salvage.
    (0)

Character
    Zamiel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The lag is super bad, recieving was going up to 3,000-4,500. Makes it impossible to stun gates of hades or archon flare from boss.
    (0)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I had the same problem; either my spells were not going off on time (no macros fired, so I was forced to use the menu), or the effects of the spells would be delayed on my client, so it appeared that my Cures and Curagas were having no effect.

As a result I had to spam twice the MP just to see "0 HP restored" messages.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.