Player

Items Purchased from Crafting Guilds

I would like to see items available from guilds only if you meet a certain minimum crafting level; that or their supplies dramatically increased. Certain items, for example Wamoura Cocoons, are basically camped by non-crafters seeking to make a profit merely by reselling them on the AH after exhausting the guild's supply. It's rather demoralizing for people seeking to level crafts the slow and patient way when the guild supply of items is more expensive and/or unavailable due to activities such as this.

On the subject, too - it would be nice to expand the variety of materials available, given that a lot of traditional activities bringing in raw goods (mining, etc.) aren't practiced nearly as much now as they have been in the past. Thoughts?
    (8)

I like the ideas proposed. More materials need to be sold at the guild. Making certain items only purchasable once a higher rank has been obtained would hurt scalpers who know they can turn a profit by buying out a guild and just bazaar/AHing it and I don't care for scalpers.

Another way of removing the market for scalpers is to create NPCs that do the same thing basically.

Make scalper NPCs outside the guild who have infinate supply & sell the same items the guild sells. Only difference is they sell it for the MAX price the guild can sell it at (only goods the guild restocks are sold there).

I think there are several items stocked by other NPCs already, sold at a slightly higher price. If the npc is tied to a region to get restocked or conquest tally rank, leave his prices alone. If the npc sells the goods all the time with no restriction, raise his price to almost if not as high as the scalper.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I like both of these ideas. You could have a KI that unlocks a secondary merchant for the more exotic items. As for expanding the supply of items that aren't mined/gathered much anymore? I know, it's rough...but in part, that's the market for you. If the demand was there, -someone would be gathering those materials-. As it is, most folks are DIY.
    (1)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's a good gil sink too, which has pretty much always been needed... Personally I would buy all of my materials from an NPC if it sold the items I was looking for (even at AH price) just out of convenience...

Many items that are supposed to be rare due to limited materials aren't rare at all... in fact, they're in such low demand that the products end up being NPC'ed because we can't get rid of them...
    Perfect Example: Shining Cloth... I wanted to make a friend who was returning to the game an Aristocrat's Coat a while back, so I bought a bunch of Shining Cloth... I had terrible luck and ended up with TONS of Noble's Tunics... they're impossible to get rid of, even selling at a dramatic loss... I ended up NPC'ing several of them because I got tired of putting them back on the AH only to be undercut... 10k... people are selling them for 10k on Carbuncle right now... Absolutely absurd... It would hurt absolutely nothing to make Shining Cloth an item offered by a NPC for 10-20k... unless you think Kirin's feelings would be hurt, that is...
    (1)