Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Spinet Playlist

  1. #11
    Player Mirage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,978
    Character
    Fazira
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    Selbina is top of the list for the spinet... lol
    That's what I get for just skimming posts. I thought the list was over all songs that didn't make it.
    (0)

  2. 12-20-2012 11:21 PM
    Reason
    Mistake

  3. #12
    Community Rep Camate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,342
    Greetings!

    Thanks for all the feedback regarding the Orchestrion and the Spinet.

    Quote Originally Posted by pancakeandsx View Post
    First, when you have the Orchestrion installed, the spinet stops randomly selecting a track when you enter the mog house, and instead you have to manually select your tune every single time you enter. This is really frustrating!

    Perhaps when both items are installed it could be changed in one of the following ways:
    -Retain random functionality for spinet songs when the Orchestrion is installed.
    -Retain random functionality and expand it to the Orchestrion tracklist in addition to the spinet list.
    -Allow your last music selection to be retained so it loads the last thing you picked every time you enter the mog house.
    Currently, since there are certain effects from the complex Mog House system’s special specs, we’ve made it so the songs reset upon re-entry for safety reasons. (Compared to the Spinet, which plays songs randomly, having information saved and then loaded is a bit more difficult.) However, we will see if there is any way to do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    Autumn Footfalls would be lovely. I'll reiterate my question from a thread I made yesterday: might we see more tracks added to the Orchestrion?
    Starting out the amount of songs is somewhat low at the moment, but we created the Orchestrion with a key item system in place so that we can add more and more songs. With that said, we will be increasing the number of songs that can be obtained in the future.

    We are still deciding if these new songs will be obtained via events, quests, or NPCs, but we would like to provide fun ways to collect and listen to a variety of songs.
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

  4. #13
    Player Economizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are still deciding if these new songs will be obtained via events, quests, or NPCs, but we would like to provide fun ways to collect and listen to a variety of songs.
    Please have songs obtainable for beating whole expansions, such as having Distant Worlds available for beating CoP (unlocked with a miniquest of course... perhaps the Bards of Vana'diel could enlighten us as to how to obtain the music?).
    (6)

  5. #14
    Player pancakesandsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    43
    Character
    Pancakesandsx
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Camate:

    I'm aware that your response is a copy/paste from the Japanese forum. If you could get the dev team to somehow acknowledge/respond to my first 2 suggestions regarding the random song functionality (since this is already IN the game) I would appreciate it.
    (1)

  6. #15
    Player Tamarsamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    304
    Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    For the record, I hated the "randomly plays upon entering Mog House" feature of the Spinet, and promptly passed the Porter Moogle my pains. ("This is clearly no substitute for the Harpischord I missed out on many years ago . . ." I mumbled.) I find the current Spinet + Orchestrion combo to work much more favorably than that, but if you can make it save a previously selected song, all the better!
    (1)
    Last edited by Tamarsamar; 12-22-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

    Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

  7. #16
    Player Mayoyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst!
    Posts
    338
    Character
    Mayoyama
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsx View Post
    Camate:

    I'm aware that your response is a copy/paste from the Japanese forum. If you could get the dev team to somehow acknowledge/respond to my first 2 suggestions regarding the random song functionality (since this is already IN the game) I would appreciate it.
    If you so badly want the spinet to play a random song when you enter.. simple solution is to take the orchestrion out. Problem solved!

    I 100% agree with tamarsamar.. I much prefer it now how I can enter my mh without fear of hearing abyssea music blaring... and I can simply select one of the other songs if i am going to be in mh for longer than a min
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

    It is then that I know achievement.

  8. #17
    Player Arianaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3
    Character
    Arianaos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Please have songs obtainable for beating whole expansions, such as having Distant Worlds available for beating CoP (unlocked with a miniquest of course... perhaps the Bards of Vana'diel could enlighten us as to how to obtain the music?).
    This a thousand times. A bunch of quests / miniquests and your new Key Item gets added to a "Sheet Music" section under your key item menu. Like they've done with Abyssea, Voidwatch and Claim Slips.
    (1)

  9. #18
    Player Yrusama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    57
    Character
    Yru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    For the record, I hated the "randomly plays upon entering Mog House" feature of the Spinet, and promptly passed the Porter Moogle my pains. ("This is clearly no substitute for the Harpischord I missed out on many years ago . . ." I mumbled.) I find the current Spinet + Orchestrion combo to work much more favorably than that, but if you can make it save a previously selected song, all the better!
    As much as I miss the random song selection, I admit there were times when I got home from a long day in Abyssea only to have its battle theme bombard my ears one last time before logout. I'd love to have previous song saved. There are a lot of songs I'd like to switch the MH theme to, but I don't like the idea of messing with .dats.
    (0)

  10. #19
    Community Rep Okipuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    285
    Greetings!

    First off, thank you for all your feedback regarding the Spinet and Orchestrion! We'd like to respond to some feedback you guys provided:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    would be nice if we could lock the songs so that everytime we enter it would play the song we selected last.
    We are looking into the current setup to see what can be done about this. We'll be sure to update you all on the status as we move forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsx View Post
    Okipuit:
    ...when you have the Orchestrion installed, the spinet stops randomly selecting a track when you enter the mog house, and instead you have to manually select your tune every single time you enter. This is really frustrating!
    The orchestrion controls the features of the spinet, so the random selection of tracks will stop.
    If we gave priority to the spinet’s random selection when the orchestrion is installed, it would result in the below inconveniences:
    • It will no longer be possible to select spinet tracks as you like
    • If you want to play a song other than what’s on the spinet, you’d have to remove the spinet each time.

    To have the spinet play songs at random all you need to do is remove the orchestrion, so I believe this way of doing it creates the least amount of undesirable results.

    Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsx View Post
    when you have the Orchestrion installed, the control panel for it is RIGHT next to the door! This causes it to be inadvertently auto-targeted when I am trying to leave my mog house, and I get stuck in an "npc cutscene" that I can't just cancel out of with the cancel button.
    We are seeing if it is possible to move the location of the Symphonic Curator. We'll let you know once we receive word!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    Autumn Footfalls would be lovely. I'll reiterate my question from a thread I made yesterday: might we see more tracks added to the Orchestrion?
    We appreciate the feedback! We will be making it so songs can be added, and we will use everyone's suggestions as reference for future decisions. Please wait a bit for when and how you can add songs!
    (10)

    Okipuit - Community Team

  11. #20
    Player Rosalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    253
    Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I can't help but wonder if the Tome Shelf will have more scores in it or open up more options for the orchestrion... and when can I try to win one again?
    (0)
    Current Quest Counter: 966!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast