Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hello,

Below is a follow-up post from Producer Akihiko Matsui in regards to the aforementioned adjustments to Walk of Echoes weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback.

The adjustment to the difficulty of obtaining coins and other items was meant to slightly reduce the difficulty of obtaining Walk of Echoes weapons. (I have mentioned this in my previous post, so if you already know this, please just ignore it.)

We’ve also been taking to heart the opinions from those of you mentioning that it’s too late and there is no meaning to perform these adjustments now. On the other hand, I understand that there are those of you who feel that even though it’s late it is a welcome change.

Also, more specifically, there are those of you who mentioned that Trick Dice and Liminal Residue were fine and suggested methods for not removing the EX status on coins. Development schedule wise we still have time to select the options for addressing this, so please let us know your feedback.

There have also been a few players mentioning that they would like the Walk of Echoes weapons to be made stronger. Since these weapons were meant to be easier to obtain and weaker than Empyrean weapons, instead of increasing the stats we will be lowering the cost associated with them. (This doesn’t mean that we won’t ever be revamping the stats on them though.)

Additionally, we understand the feedback asking to adjust Walk of Echoes to make it fun. However, this involves recreating various systems and requires time and man-power. I will look into adjustments and changes to the Walk of Echoes content separately with the team to make it more enjoyable.
    (9)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    the coins arent as much of a problem as the dice/residue. the quantity required vs the drop rate is enough to make anyone stop working on the weapon they may have started before those stages were released and go make an empy instead. Drop rate needs to be increased / quantity needed needs to be lowered / walks that drop them need to be easier (One or more of these three things.
    (4)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Imho three things should be changed in WoE:
    1) Granting a quick access to the zone by other locations. For example a waypoint from Anastase? Or whatever else
    2) Removing the necessity to zone in/out to get a new Kupofried medallion
    3) Add "temporary quest". There was a similar concept in WoW a long time ago, with the "Daily" dungeons. Each day a dungeon was randomly selected and players would receive additional benefit by doing that dungeon. There could be something similar in WoE, where every X hours a certain Conflux is selected and players will receive additional bonus by completing that conflux.
    (6)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Good Morning! I would like to say on the Phoenix server I do Walk of Echoes everyday. Everyday I have to shout for people to please disband because Walk of Echoes enemies aggro party members especially in flux #15. Naturally, people don't listen so, I decided to do what I did for Campaign years ago. I made a WalkOfEchoes linkshell. Everyone who does the walk is welcome to join and everyone is sacked. It's going good people are loving it. We let everyone know which flux we are going to and it cuts down on the shouts except letting for shouting for our Japanese players. I do have one Japanese player in there and he seems happy. It has been hard to make people understand the party aggro in these battlefields and some just don't listen. Anyway, I just wanted to throw this in here in case someone on another server might want to do this. We love the Walk and have a lot of fun and getting rich doesn't hurt either. lol
    Fixing the coins is going to be awesome because I hate to dump things other people need so bad so thank you for taking that serious.
    If you are on Phoenix and do the Walk and want in the linkshell send me a tell please.
    (3)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    One thing that majorly needs to be considered is for those players who say these things are fine, you do need to take a look at them with steady eyes. One needs to make sure that they are not simply those players who like to be in the "have" group and pick on the "have nots". Personally i have 2 WOE weapons, and one emp, a second emp in the process. I like the WOE weapons for jobs i need that little bit more UMPH on but dont feel so strongly about that id just knuckle down on to get the real thing. While i was able to get a good number of coins personally, i feel that now with my current progress, i have coins i wont be using and i would like to be able to give them to a friend.

The problem with this is i do know there are players who will just buy all 30 coins and make a weapon without entering WOE at all, but i dont see that as a problem or bad thing sometimes, especially on servers where the event is underappreciated. Second, what might aleviate the process of making these weapons would make static drop slots or points that can be exchanged for x item. An example is for clearing 5 WOE fluxes, one could earn enough points to buy a Coin pouch, or Dev-Die pouch, or lastly lets say 3 luminial residue.

I am of the opinion that these weapons do need to be made easier than empyreans, which i also feel need to be made easer (around the heavy metal stage primarily.) and the thought of adding die pouches, tradeable coins, and whatnot are good ways to do this!

Reflecting on this in my personal case, im not sitting here going "i can make SOOOOO MUCH MONEY if they make coins tradeable/bazaarable!" but instead i think of my 2 friends whom have a polearm, and greataxe right at the crossroads for the emp and woe variant weapons. Chloris and Glavoid are daunting tasks needing so many KI and i look to my mule who has extra coins for both of these friends. I would simply love to just go "Oh guys! here i have extras!" and let them finish these weapons they have had for over a year!

My thoughts on the matter but i hope they are taken into consideration. I also would like to be able to take the 2 weapons (or more if i keep making them) that i have and upgrade them to the 95 form, even if 99 is out of reach.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The problem with this is i do know there are players who will just buy all 30 coins and make a weapon without entering WOE at all, but i dont see that as a problem or bad thing sometimes, especially on servers where the event is underappreciated. Second, what might aleviate the process of making these weapons would make static drop slots or points that can be exchanged for x item. An example is for clearing 5 WOE fluxes, one could earn enough points to buy a Coin pouch, or Dev-Die pouch, or lastly lets say 3 luminial residue.
    The thing is, you'll still see more people in WoE on a regular basis, because you can make some money doing it. It's really win-win.
    (3)

Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    On Phoenix the coin drop is good. Liminal Residue have slowed down selling i bazaar for 100k and had 20 and they aren't selling. Devious Die sell as soon as I put them in bazaar. Goldsmithers should love the Walk for the plentiful drops too.
    (0)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Character
    Bigdave
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I would love to see a reduced amount of heavy metals for real emperian weapons over this going from 50/50/75/1500/60 is way to much in my opinion
    (3)

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    There have also been a few players mentioning that they would like the Walk of Echoes weapons to be made stronger. Since these weapons were meant to be easier to obtain and weaker than Empyrean weapons, instead of increasing the stats we will be lowering the cost associated with them. (This doesn’t mean that we won’t ever be revamping the stats on them though.)
    This is very dissappointing, the whole point of people asking about a stat boost was because the difficulty of obtaining a 99 woe weapon is actually quite a lot harder than most 90 Empyrean weapons.

I have a Circinae (99 woe bow) and it is a great bow, and i like being one of only a handful of people that owns one, but i feel that it would of been way easier and cheaper to of got a lvl 90 Gandiva which is also a better bow overall than the Circinae.

I do understand that these are supposed to be lesser weapons to the empyrean forms but they arent easier to farm, if comparing 90 empy to 99 woe.

And simply making woe easier now is quite frankly a complete insult! All the hard work, time and gil spent is going to be cheapened.

However I do have a suggestion that would make people like me who have spent a lot of time farming woe weapons (had dagger and katana before i replaced with mandau and kannagi) happier with the returns on our hard work.

Like all REM weapons why not add a second 99 stage, although rather than an afterglow add a useful but not overpowering stat boost.

eg.
    Circinae R/E/A
    [Ranged] All Races
    DMG:116 Delay:524 "Jishnu's Radiance"
    Crit. Dmg +5
    LV 99 RNG

A fair quest for this i think could be 150-200 coins of the original type ie decay for my bow.

Anyway agree with the rest of the post, just that really irked me.
    (2)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Whatever WoE weapons were "meant" to be, they're far more time consuming to make than any of the others except for Mythic. I'd like to see another set of trials for them, don't care if I have to collect 5,000 pinches of Belphegor's Gooch hair, anything to keep WoE worth going to. Currently it's my "too drunk to do anything else" event, along with Limbus.
    (4)
    Last edited by Caketime; 01-14-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast