Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cruxus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Hexagun's: Ideas on how to make them worthwhile to use.

Upon the announcement of COR being a new job, I was psyched to see a pirate as a playable job, and with a six barrel gun to boot. While playing the job, and acquiring numerous hexaguns, I really became disappointed that there was no boon to using an actual weapon that the job can exclusively own, aside from a usually lower delay upon firing which honestly takes a back seat due to ammo selection and availability. Honestly the only use COR's usually get out of the gun they carry round, is QD and WS's otherwise if you're going for ranged dmg why not just RNG, right?

IMO a corsair using their trademark weapon of choice, should gain some sort of "bonus" in doing so, otherwise there's no real point in even considering any future implementations of hexaguns due to the inferior stats compared to other guns.

Looking at the Acinaces that drops off the T3 VNM Maere, in Grauberg, one possible way to make hexaguns worthwhile is to have a hidden (or non-hidden) trait that may allow use of QD without consumption of cards.

Thoughts and Ideas from fellow COR's?
    (1)

Character
    Capnspike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    The Quick Draw formula paired with the low damage rating made hexaguns a flop out of the gate. The fact that I could deal more WS damage and provide higher QD #'s with a non hexagun kills it in it's infancy.

Don't get me wrong, I love the models for the hexagun, and kinda wish there were a special magian tree just for hexaguns, but alas, I do not see a day where the hexagun will rise again. (unless they changed the QD formula, and adjusted the base damage on the hexagun((and made bullets cheaper...)))
    (0)

Character
    Cruxus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn View Post
    The Quick Draw formula paired with the low damage rating made hexaguns a flop out of the gate. The fact that I could deal more WS damage and provide higher QD #'s with a non hexagun kills it in it's infancy.
    Yes, sadly Hexagun's never have been on par with any decent gun that was available before or even after they were introduced to the game along with COR. I guess unless actual formulas were to be altered, even a minor bonus given to using a hexagun would be rather useless, but I do love the hexagun model and would love to see them be worthy of use over standard guns.../sigh
    (1)

Player
    Hexagun's should boost QD in some new innovative way.

If it were me, and it clearly has never been my choice...
    Hexaguns would do more damage than your average guns with Quick Draw
    They would also much more notably enhance debuffs.
    Perhaps add a debuff to element similar to AF3+1/2 feet.

Maybe add a more common trait to Hexaguns that gives them the chance to Occ Attack 2-3 times... Its got 6 barrels and the gun's damage is low anyway. At least this would give COR a market with ranged attacks that RNG's couldn't capitalize on.
    Of course with that ability you'd need to work in a way for COR to get more or conserve more ammo so they could utilize it.

Just some suggestions, not that i've seen any moderators or DEV's post in this particular forum at all..
    (1)

Yeah it would be nice if our trade weapon actually meant something. From what I've seen thus far, Hexaguns were only made for us to shoot faster than Rangers. If anyone has noticed, the delay on then is lower than the normal one handed shotgun RNG and COR can use making them the best pulling weapons (even the current best pulling gun, Awilda's Gun, is a hexagun).

I would personally LOVE to see a good QD hexagun just for us...and it has to be something better than the Mayhem +2 with MAB+10 since at the moment besides the Emperyean and the Mythic it's probably the best Quick Draw gun for normal CORs like me. ^^; Like maybe a hexagun with good damage (maybe MAB or MACC) that adds a status effect to the QDs or even adds an additional charge to your QD timer. That'd be so hot.
    (0)

"Hexagun's: Ideas on how to make them worthwhile to use. " - Make them sub weapons and not use ammo.
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
    "Hexagun's: Ideas on how to make them worthwhile to use. " - Make them sub weapons and not use ammo.
    Then you loose tp when you change to a teal gun for ws or QD =/.

or hmm maybe i misunderstand, sub weapons? like shield? how would that work?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

think dual wield.
    (0)

Player
    Would be nice to have more then one "end game" gun for cor in this game.
    (0)

Player
    Hexagun got 6 cannons so make them shoot 6 bullet at once (18 with triple shot)
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast