Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hexaguns are almost as broken as claustrum........ almost. However, you don't fix a (bad) broken weapon by turning it into a (good) broken weapon and to be fair, many of the ideas in the thread are overkill. Hexaguns:

1. Give less TP return on QD and WS.
    2. Do less damage on QD and WS without increasing the frequency you can use said abilities.
    3. Require you to spend more gil per damage done in bullets (which are tard expensive because SE segregates bullets between RNG and COR and gives COR the ones with more expensive recipes).

Fix that trifecta of suq, and you fix hexaguns.
    (1)

Character
    Capnspike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alobont View Post
    The amount of horrible ideas in this thread is astonishing. Quit trying to "fix" a weapon type that is not worth fixing.
    ftfy

to everyone else: get a trial gun... or dat swap a hexagun for a trial gun...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidus View Post
    At least this would give COR a market with ranged attacks that RNG's couldn't capitalize on.
    There are many similar points in this topic.
    I play Corsair and Ranger. Both are 90, both are geared. Just for the record.

But why do you people want Cor to be on par with Rng for DD? Do you really think that's fair? Do you really think a job that also has a support role to play should be able to put out damage equal to a job that is a pure DD and has no other purpose?
    (0)

Player
    Yes, Cor should have more useful options for its primary, exclusive weapon!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    There are many similar points in this topic.
    I play Corsair and Ranger. Both are 90, both are geared. Just for the record.

But why do you people want Cor to be on par with Rng for DD? Do you really think that's fair? Do you really think a job that also has a support role to play should be able to put out damage equal to a job that is a pure DD and has no other purpose?
    Inside Abyssea a COR can outdamage a RNG sadly.
    Personally as someone that also plays RNG and COR as mains, I think both jobs need help. COR needs something to make buffs relevant again and RNG needs a way to do damage from a distance and not constantly move the mob away from the melees. That and both jobs could stand to have marksmanship/archery WS on the red proc list as well. Flaming Arrow/Hot Shot please?
    I have no problem with QD on the yellow list provided they had an "All Jobs" Gun that people could equip. Then /COR could proc as well. Otherwise just NIN, RNG and COR would be able to yellow proc QD.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    Inside Abyssea a COR can outdamage a RNG sadly.
    Wait, what? Where does this fact come from? It can't be from the physical weaponskills or physical shooting damage because RNG gets access to higher damage ranged weapons and ammo. Are you basing this off the growing number of corsairs with armageddon? That empyrean gun that rangers can also use? Except they don't because if they're a ranger, they go for gandiva because it does vastly more damage than armageddon. Are you just saying that they can outdamage a rng as long as the cor is leet and the rng is a newb, or are you comparing equally skilled and equipped cor and rng?

I have no problem with QD on the yellow list provided they had an "All Jobs" Gun that people could equip. Then /COR could proc as well. Otherwise just NIN, RNG and COR would be able to yellow proc QD
    You don't need to be equipped to a gun to use quickdraw, you just need to be equipped to a marksmanship-based weapon. Therefore, crossbows work as well. Sooooo... rngs, nins, wars, thfs, drks, and cors are all capable of using QD currently. However, rngs are the only job that gets access to heavy shot, and blast shot regardless of subjob or equipment.

I don't think they should really bother tweaking procs in aby too much at this point though. The issue of "balance" in abyssea would take forever to fix, and there are other areas of the game that could use that time more.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 05-24-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4