Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Lojinxx
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Alrite, so I read through this thread and I'm kind of baffled at some people feeling like our job(I'm a COR main) is underpowered or underprivileged lol. One person said "All this money I poured in and all I got was a cheesy pirate hat with a poofy feather!" lol I totally respect the OP for what he/she is trying to say: "Ideas on how to make hexaguns worthwhile to use", but at the same time I wonder why people really care that much. Yea it would be neat(I guess?) for hexaguns to be of better use, but have any of you guys used Wildfire? For anyone who may not know, it's the highest damage weaponskill in the game. In abyssea, I rarely do less than 5000dmg and depending on the mob sometimes 7 or 8000 dmg consistantly. NO OTHER JOB DOES THIS! And because it's enhanced by MAB which corsairs can stack in a ridiculous way, it's damage is exclusively the highest when used by a Corsair, not Rangers. I think SE has done nothing but good with Corsair. Would it be neat to see SE make a RNG only and COR only magian gun(or hexagun), each able to use wildfire? Sure, that would be neat for cosmetics I guess, but do people really think the job needs anything more than it already has? I get so many "ohhh^^"s and "ahhhs^^"s from people when I do 7000dmg wildfires, or when i pop a brew and can 2 shot pantakrator(or however u spell it) in 10 seconds. It seems like the people who are upset about the job are the people who just sit in town and don't do anything with it because they have no idea how to play the job effectively. You can go out there and be a top dog DD and support job at the same time, but people are upset because their gun barrel is round and not six-sided >.< I dunno lol just seems a bit funny.
    (1)

When your job requires an Empyrean weapon to be useful, that doesn't indicate SE has been throwing the love around. I don't have that much playtime anymore so I haven't been able to make much progress towards getting Wildfire. And many of my LS mates that played COR have just abandoned the job rather than go for the Empyrean. When you can be good as a WHM just by levelling the job and buying Cure V and VI, why put yourself through a major grind to have an Abyssea WS that isn't nearly as good outside of Abyssea. It's not like people are going to be there forever.
    I'm not trying to disrespect Wildfire. And I hope SE makes WoE a bit more player friendly so I can go for the bedlam +1 just to get it.
    But its a hard go when you are playing a bit more casually these days.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Lojinxx
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    The WS doesn't require an Empyrean. As you touched on at the end of your post you need a Bedlam, which is what I have. I totally agree with you in that, there are definitely some improvements WoE is due for, but it's really not that difficult to make a weapon. Sure it does take some time(and I understand you feel you don't have that time), but you can go in there and solo or duo to make these weapons, it's really pretty simple. If you work on things like seals and jewels in abyssea for AF+2, you should be working on this gun first because it's WAY more beneficial. Also, you say Wildfire doesn't do nearly as good outside of Abyssea. On one hand you're correct because you go from doing 5-8k ws's down to usually 1400-2400(sometimes consistently higher if the mob isn't magic resistant) but compared to other weapons you're keeping right up if not closely following and sometimes leading in dmg outside of Abyssea. If we come across new material from SE that is not Abyssea styled, I won't be disappointed. Corsair still does really good Wildfire damage outside the maws.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lojinxx View Post
    Alrite, so I read through this thread and I'm kind of baffled at some people feeling like our job(I'm a COR main) is underpowered or underprivileged lol. One person said "All this money I poured in and all I got was a cheesy pirate hat with a poofy feather!" lol I totally respect the OP for what he/she is trying to say: "Ideas on how to make hexaguns worthwhile to use", but at the same time I wonder why people really care that much. Yea it would be neat(I guess?) for hexaguns to be of better use, but have any of you guys used Wildfire? For anyone who may not know, it's the highest damage weaponskill in the game. In abyssea, I rarely do less than 5000dmg and depending on the mob sometimes 7 or 8000 dmg consistantly. NO OTHER JOB DOES THIS! And because it's enhanced by MAB which corsairs can stack in a ridiculous way, it's damage is exclusively the highest when used by a Corsair, not Rangers. I think SE has done nothing but good with Corsair. Would it be neat to see SE make a RNG only and COR only magian gun(or hexagun), each able to use wildfire? Sure, that would be neat for cosmetics I guess, but do people really think the job needs anything more than it already has? I get so many "ohhh^^"s and "ahhhs^^"s from people when I do 7000dmg wildfires, or when i pop a brew and can 2 shot pantakrator(or however u spell it) in 10 seconds. It seems like the people who are upset about the job are the people who just sit in town and don't do anything with it because they have no idea how to play the job effectively. You can go out there and be a top dog DD and support job at the same time, but people are upset because their gun barrel is round and not six-sided >.< I dunno lol just seems a bit funny.
    That kind of the problem with cor atm its being made into a pure dd job type where the cor job idea is a support job that can do some dd. Once you have wildfire your better off buffing your self and not think about who near you are what they could possibly use. By adding in a use for hexaguns you can get a way from the pure dd job type with having add effect on QD or even cor's rolls.
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I would like bonus added to QD, and actually we use an Hexagun, why it only fires one shoot at a time? (i also want more bullets to use and an easier way to obtain them), Hexaguns are impaired if compared to other guns, so a bonus on Corsair's specific job abilities would raise its value on the battlefield, like QD acc+ or help on Phantom Roll's duration, random deal improvements, etc....
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Along time ago i worked out silver cassandra to be the best gun (or near best)

SC = Silver cassandra
    CM = Coffinmaker

SC || 480 delay = 480/110+2.2s = 6.56s Firing time
    CM || 600 Delay = 600/110 +2.2s = 7.65s Firing time
    1/7.65 = 13.1% faster firing

Tp
    CM || easy 6 hit 5 hit not possible without /SAM
    SC || 15.9 tp a shot *1.05*6 = 100.26 tp aka 6 hit build and since it fires 13.1% faster 13.1% more WS

DMG per shot basic
    7/110 = 6.3% DMG less DMG for other guns (if you add in fSTR or w/e it becomes less 113/120= 5.8% less DMG so 6% less DMG a shot is a fair esitmate

DoT 113% * 94% = 106% more DoT DMG

WS DMG 90 AGI is safe esitmate for a WS build and say 4 STR = 1 DMG as well (fSTR) and say they have 80 STR - mob vit = ~ +20 STR so,
    5DMG from STR and 27 DMG from AGI so +32 Base DMG
    110 +32 = 142
    7/142 = 4.9% less DMG with Silver cassandra
    113% faster WS * 95% WS DMG = 107% more WS DMG

so 6% more Dot and 7% more WS DMg meaning you'll have about 6-7% increase in DMG with silver cassandra

(never really calulated in quick draw back then but it was something like 14 less a Quick draw which wasn't too bad)

Either way the point is hexaguns did work at times when ur just spamming bullets but they fell apart more and more as u gained tp from meleeing eitherway now hexaguns are obsolete because of trial of the magians.

Honestly hexaguns could work agian ONLY if they get access to wildfire and maybe a quick draw boost

Tho if you melee for Tp i'm sure the 600 delay guns will always will have an edge over 480 delay gun cause it's unlike SE will make a 480 gun have more dmg than a 600 delay gun

O yea and a summary of the math above lower delay guns gain tp faster and do more damagae over time because bullets are the majority of our DMG combined with the fact bullet delay isn't counted in firing time also the difference between 840 and 620 delay tp wise is like 0.5 tp
    (0)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 04-17-2011 at 08:16 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

i was thinking the same thing as one of the previous posters. give cor a trait that has 20-40% proc to fire 2-6 rounds. have it work like barrage u keep firing till u miss. but u have to have hexagun equiped for this trait to activate
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Here's a thought, for some reason when Dual weild was mentiond my mind when to Fable II. If they did turn Hexaguns -- or at least a sub branch of hexaguns -- into a off handed weapon could it be possablel that when equiped they only actavated at a set % like a double attack and only when ammo was equiped?
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Alobont
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    The amount of horrible ideas in this thread is astonishing. Quit trying to "fix" a weapon type that isnt broken.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alobont View Post
    The amount of horrible ideas in this thread is astonishing. Quit trying to "fix" a weapon type that isnt broken.
    Are you trying to say hexaguns aren't broken? Perhaps the most useless weapons for COR. If they aren't broken (in a bad way) then why do only gimp CORs use them.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast