Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171
Results 1,701 to 1,709 of 1709
    Player
    Yeah, using Tyrants right now actually, just curious about those 2 against eachother because of all you were saying in the other thread about how STR helps 1 handed jobs more. Figured it was worth asking about just to make sure.
    (0)

Character
    Zeroresolve
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    RDM was my 1st and still the job i love the most, Originally was suppose to be a frontline melee mage that could cast and fight but then came the 1st fatal blow to rdm yep you guessed it Refresh. Player base all of a sudden RDM was a main heal and you even equipped a sword you were looked at with scorn so SE jumped on thier nerfing band-wagon and after awhile RDM became obsolete, then the introduction of scholar with much the same job description but not as much on the melee side but the life of that job is approaching the same end. Rdm melee is sword preferred dagger 2nd never ever staff yet was all was allowed by player base.
    Then all rdm's heard was a rdm can kill any Mob in game, some yes with about a 2 hour time investment face it with Melee dmg at 99 of a lvl 60 magic dmg at 99 of a lvl 50 blm are you kidding me rdm forte' enfeebling so by the pure love of the job SE made most worthwhile NM's immune new system did nothing more than announce that the mob was immune in case you didnt realize you were doing nothing.
    In abyssea RDM melee still not up to par, and with new content coming moving away from that What is to happen to my Favorite job. Suggestion if you are going to completely kill RDM just delete it plz so seeing in job list everyday reminding me how you caved and killed a good job slowly because of pet JP jobs like blm and there whining.

Or actually go back do some useful updates use the supposed test server to reinvigorate a good job think of the satisfaction you will feel afterward when you get a paycheck you have actually earned after 7 years of skating by
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroResolve View Post
    RDM was my 1st and still the job i love the most
    Character: Zeroresolve
    World: Quetzalcoatl
    Main Job: SCH lv. 99

Then all rdm's heard was a rdm can kill any Mob in game, some yes with about a 2 hour time investment face it with Melee dmg at 99 of a lvl 60 magic dmg at 99 of a lvl 50 blm are you kidding me rdm forte' enfeebling so by the pure love of the job SE made most worthwhile NM's immune new system did nothing more than announce that the mob was immune in case you didnt realize you were doing nothing.
    Anyone fluent in jibberish able to translate this?
    In abyssea RDM melee still not up to par
    With DD atmas, every job's melee is up to par in Abyssea.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Wouldn't it depend on what you're fighting? And whether you already have enough acc to use att food, or if you're using acc food and over-capping acc already?
    Generally Speaking for RDM, If you're fighting something thats weak enough that Accuracy is not an Issue, Generally its weak enough fSTR is less of an Issue and the Attack would probably be better.

STR Rings just generally aren't good melee choices, The only one that comes close is Rajas, And thats because It has other awesometastic qualities.

But this has been answered it seems. Also, (not to you) we know RDM melee isn't superb, Thats never really been the point... At least from my point of view.
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I would agree with Carbuncle. If you are fighting things that you can hit, you would do best to load up on Attack and Store TP, since the gear you would be picking has both of them anyways. If you are trying to fight things harder than that....well they really don't have gear for that for RDM. You'd need STR, Attack, and Accuracy. Any solutions you can come up with, usually sacrifice more attractive Haste/Store TP gear.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Rivicus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Character: Zeroresolve
    World: Quetzalcoatl
    Main Job: SCH lv. 99.
    You're assuming that a persons Main Job was there first to be maxed out.

BLU is my main and was my first 75. Only because I wanted to try it and see how it compared to rdm, I liked it so I kept playing it. After I was done I went back to rdm. and I can say I enjoy rdm equally if not more then blu.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Trangnai View Post
    You're assuming that a persons Main Job was there first to be maxed out.

BLU is my main and was my first 75. Only because I wanted to try it and see how it compared to rdm, I liked it so I kept playing it. After I was done I went back to rdm. and I can say I enjoy rdm equally if not more then blu.
    He says it was his first and the job he likes the most.

SMN was my first to 75 because I had quit twice and couldn't afford much gear. SMN was cheap.
    Then I levelled BLM because it turned out SMN was very situational, and not much use for the events that my LS did.
    Finally I got around to finishing off my favourite job (THF). since it's my favourite, it's the one that I manually selected to show as my main job on the forum. ^^
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    With so many fun jobs to play and level, it is really hard to pick just one absolute favorites
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Without a doubt rdm is my main, favorite, and truest calling on ffxi. Even now, when i look at gear for other jobs, i try to select gear that can be shared with rdm first with benefit, and in the event it cant, then i look if it can be shared by my second favorite, DRK, and if thats impossible i look for whats best for the job. Melaco mittens over magmas for pld are one example, sacraficing 1% pdt for more widespread utility as it can be used by more jobs. These are the things i do when selecting gear even. Thats not to say its always the case, but its the driving force for me in FFXI. Its what has driven me to get my Kudzu, my maat's cap, and will drive me into getting a Vara Brigandine and possibly a Bendis hairpin.
    (3)

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171