Page 157 of 171 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1709
    Player
    Er, your base skill is off, it's 404 +16 merits which is 420. Need Olympus sash or cascade+augmenting (or augmenting Zenith Crown) with what you listed to hit 500.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Er, your base skill is off, it's 404 +16 merits which is 420. Need Olympus sash or cascade+augmenting (or augmenting Zenith Crown) with what you listed to hit 500.
    Oops. I either read the wrong number or was hit by overly wishful thinking. At least that explains why olympus sash is so rare and expensive on Lakshmi.
    (1)
    Last edited by Duelle; 03-24-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    Oops. I either read the wrong number or was hit by overly wishful thinking. At least that explains why olympus sash is so rare and expensive on Lakshmi.
    It's only obtaining through a HKCNM. The one with the five Tauri that get stronger as you kill them.

That's how I got mine, me and some friends did it like 5 or 6 times in one day, got two of those sash's and one Lacotrice. It's a good money maker if you got friends to run it with.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Duelle,

Your off on your phalanx calculations. After 300 skill it changes and it's growth is nerfed, hard.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Phalanx

Over 300 skill: F = 28 + Floor( (Enhancing Magic Skill - 300.5) / 28.5)
    Gets you 35 damage reduction from 501 skill on Phalanx 1. It takes 28 skill to raise it by 1 after 300 instead of 10 for 1 under 300. It's why Paladins' can get 30+ with their own Phalanx and renders Phalanx II as pretty useless.

And yeah it was specifically Bind + Grav that allowed those few RDM's to solo big stuff. You bound in, Doted it and ran away running circles or around big rocks. BLM's ended up being better then RDM's at this after 80. SE could buff the heck out of RDM melee capabilities and it wouldn't break the game one bit. Would piss the pink mages off though.
    (2)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaych View Post
    Duelle, I just have to compliment you for keeping this thread still alive. 1559 posts!!!
    Actually I re~bump the thread after all the rdm melee stuff started to over flow into every other rdm thread there was. It had been pretty much dead since September 9th of last year. Duelle has been so kind tho to keep thing's going here so Kudos to him. I don't really like too post to much unless it's something worth adding or asking.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Wow, think this thread my need a bump so some of the more fanatic RDM melee'rs have some where to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    That's until the same guys who invaded this thread the first time decide to show up again. I give it 4 days. Today being march 14th. They know who they are, and most likely won't disappoint me.
    Been 10 days no invasion yet try not to be too disappointed.
    (1)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 03-25-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    New dagger and hat added that are rdm useable and decent for melee. Shame the hat is a wee bit ugly. And still, our best ws body for non CDC is morrigan body. Names escape me right now but its a 51 dmg jambia, and the had has 8 int, mnd, and str. Happy hunting!
    (1)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Actually I re~bump the thread after all the rdm melee stuff started to over flow into every other rdm thread there was. It had been pretty much dead since September 9th of last year. Duelle has been so kind tho to keep thing's going here so Kudos to him. I don't really like too post to much unless it's something worth adding or asking.

Been 10 days no invasion yet try not to be too disappointed.
    I'll contribute with another bump someday if necessary ^_-
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    New dagger and hat added that are rdm useable and decent for melee. Shame the hat is a wee bit ugly. And still, our best ws body for non CDC is morrigan body. Names escape me right now but its a 51 dmg jambia, and the had has 8 int, mnd, and str. Happy hunting!
    There's also that body piece with 5% haste but has healer stats instead of something useful for melee. At least we're not seeing much in terms of "melee gear BLU is on that the devs forgot to put RDM on" again like the last couple of patches.
    (0)
    Last edited by Duelle; 03-27-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Looks like SE finally listened ... at least somewhat.

http://juliandev.com/ffxi/2012-03-26/

RDM is on a ton of new gear. Not the absolute best, but we've now got another haste +4% and haste +5% body choices. Also MUCH better WS options are now available.

TP:
    Hedera Cotehardie Rare Exclusive
    Body
    DEF:52 HP+60 MP+60 Magic Accuracy+10 "Conserve MP"+6 Haste+5%
    Lv 99 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU PUP SCH

Kudzu Aketon Rare Exclusive
    Body
    DEF:60 STR+10 AGI+10 Attack+13 Ranged Attack+13 "Double Attack"+3% "Store TP"+5
    Lv 99 MNK RDM THF BST RNG NIN DRG COR PUP DNC

Haste 4% legs
    Gardyloo Pants Rare Exclusive
    Legs
    DEF:46 AGI+6 "Magic Defense Bonus"+4 "Subtle Blow"+5 Haste+4%
    Lv 99 MNK WHM RDM THF BST BRD RNG SAM NIN BLU COR DNC

Haste +7% belt
    Phos Belt
    Waist
    DEF:8 Haste+7%
    Lv 99 WAR RDM THF PLD DRK BST BRD RNG SAM NIN DRG BLU COR DNC

And it's +1 version which is haste +8%.

And for dagger wielders, some love
    Aluh Jambiya Rare
    Dagger
    DMG:51 Delay:201 STR+10 VIT-10 Attack+15 Increases critical hit damage
    Lv 99 WAR RDM THF BST BRD RNG NIN COR DNC

Very interesting sword, looks like a better Cure Sword, nice for Req spamming.

Sanus Ensis Rare Exclusive
    Sword
    DMG:60 Delay:228 STR+13 MND+13 "Cure" potency +13% Potency of "Cure" effect received +10%
    Lv 99 WAR RDM PLD DRK BLU COR

Don't know how to obtain all these, there is a ton of other gear for WS, especially if you like daggers and ext spam. Definitely want those body pieces.

-=Edit=-

Looks like the body's come from Morta, the Tier II mega boss of the Aht Urhgan path. Seeing how bad Rex and Aello are, lets see what they do with Morta.
    (1)
    Last edited by saevel; 03-27-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Interesting. I was going off the list shown on BG that had us on some cure potency gear and little else.
    (1)

Page 157 of 171 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast