Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Merits are more of an illusion of choice. For a lot of jobs, there's simply stuff that's good and stuff that isn't. While this philosophy really wouldn't change even if all spells and abilities were naturally progressed, if we had a generic Slow potency+, for example, it could make both the T1 and T2 versions better if for whatever reason you're being more frugal about your MP or alternating between timers due to fast kills or even resists.

Anyway, I wouldn't use /SCH if the intent was to mainly melee, either. Though, if I'm out in the field and melee wouldn't result in party wipe, there shouldn't be miles of difference between /SCH and /NIN or /WAR. Giving up Dual Wield or Berserk/Aggressor/DA/ATK Bonus is bad enough, but losing out on EX WS is just more salt on the wound.
    (0)

Character
    Mougurijin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    The fencer job should atleast get the Fencer job trait that's been given to other random jobs instead...
    (1)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    The fencer job should atleast get the Fencer job trait that's been given to other random jobs instead...
    This.

Upon the first level cap increase, the devs thought it would be funny to give a job trait called "Fencer" to Warrior and Beastmaster . . . but not the Fencing-flavored job. Upon the second level cap increase, to add insult to injury, they give it to Bard before us (and give us Magic Burst Bonus the same update . . . ). What do they give us the update after that? Shield Mastery, which is particularly offensive to me since I already favor the use of RDM/PLD (Auto-Refresh and EX Sword Weapon Skills on the same sub is delicious) and would've had that particular Trait, anyway.

Thanks to the gifts of the Magians, though, as well as other equipment introduced over the updates, we can most definitely hold our own physically, and the last update in particular gave us a lot of Enfeebling Magic Skill to make staves further in to things of the past (as they darn well should be). These, in combination with amazing updates to our Enfeebling side such as Saboteur or Break, as well as the fact that we no longer play the role of the game premier healers (as we darn well shouldn't), means that Red Mage as a job, as far as I'm concerned, is just about completed, and seriously doesn't need a whole lot else.

All I ask is that the devs have the decency to acknowledge Red Mage's background in Final Fantasy XI and give the job Fencer already, instead of perpetually teasing us with the Job Trait's name.

(Though Enspells III as our level 99 merits certainly wouldn't hurt, either.)
    (0)

Yes I was very disappointed in seeing what the AF3 +2 gave the RDM, I liked the increase to duration of enhancing spells but the way the RDM has been forced to play in the past this is long overdue and especially a wasted set for the RDM. Even with SS and Phalanx and Protect4 the defense rating for RDM is still lacking giving their set of combat skills. As noted before a RDM has been given the concept of a Fencer and yet SqEnix gives RDM shield Mastery with a crappy shield skill? That is insulting where you would think a fencer would have a higher parring skill then a RDM has and augmented with tactical parry would of been the way I think it should of went. En-spells need to be proced on 2nd hit it is what gives the RDM their DoT even with lacking of WS I can hit for a single hit damage with an enspell that can compare to some DD's so why gimp a natural thing?
    Also the role in which RDM has been forced into is just annoying, yes RDM has refresh and if that wasn't a spell that could be distributed to anyone in the group how many people do you think would RDM would be as wanted with its limited amount of MP and only haste? It took me forever to get a party (Beore ToAU days) for rdm betwen 38 and 41. After that there is nothing but the annoying "Party do you need it?" when your not even looking for one.
    I agree with everyone on this SqEnix needs to do something to make the RDM stand out even with its lacking combat skills their spells mixed with their melee should be the concept SqEnix needs to go with to finish out the next 9 levels. Though most of the levels have been wasted on what other people think a RDM should be able to do those of us that play RDM outside of a merit PT should have the option to be seen as multi tasking jobs like it was intended and not just a cycle job. Improve the natural WS so I don't have to sub War for savage blade because I dont have blossom or CDC because the need for nyzule isle has been wiped from existence since abyssea, thank god its going to be revived with the synergy augments in the next update.
    Im hoping that the AF3 gets a +3 version also in the next few updates that will allow this job to have a melee side that compliments its ability to self enhance and enfeeble.;.
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I always saw Fast Cast as something that lets you cast spells in between getting smacked in the face anyways.
    (0)

Aren't you guys like one of the most versatile jobs in the entire game already?

If you get this, I want my war to tank at 95% the efficiency of a nin or pld :(
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Aren't you guys like one of the most versatile jobs in the entire game already?

If you get this, I want my war to tank at 95% the efficiency of a nin or pld
    Jack of all trades, master of none, etc.

Rdm is not currently a very useful job. The only time we shine is when it's important to have one person able to dd, tank, heal, buff, and debuff, all at once. This of course only happens when soloing. Outside of that, our healing is nearly useless. dd is ok, but nothing special. Tanking is above average, but with whm curebots with infinite mp that isn't important. Buffs and debuffs are both fairly unimportant. Rdm is nearly useless in a group.

Honestly, in a group, our dd is probably our most useful contribution. And we're really just an average-ish dd.
    (2)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    NIN and WAR both already tank better than PLD anyway
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    honestly I would like to see more tanking gear for RDM, I dont like how SE has basically screwed the ability for the RDM to keep hate, it makes it harder to kita certain mobs as well, cmon SE let us have better gear to tank with, RDM is a fully capable tank job if they can keep hate from the mobs
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    honestly I would like to see more tanking gear for RDM, I dont like how SE has basically screwed the ability for the RDM to keep hate, it makes it harder to kita certain mobs as well, cmon SE let us have better gear to tank with, RDM is a fully capable tank job if they can keep hate from the mobs
    Yeah....

They killed rdm's ability to tank because they don't want us to tank.
    (0)

Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast