Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

crashing because I hit the caps lock key

My computer shows this little icon thing in the upper left when you hit caps lock or numb lock or whatever. I guess this is causing the game to minimize causing the game to crash.

1. Why does minimizing still crash FFXI?
    2. Why is the game being triggered to force to minimize when the caps lock icon thing pops up?
    3. Is there a way just to disable the caps lock key??? >.>
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    You could run in windowed mode.

Disable the driver or software that pops up the thing

It's a directx problem and not exclusively a FFXI problem.

Alternatively you could just pop the caps lock key out of your keyboard.

Is it a laptop?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    My computer shows this little icon thing in the upper left when you hit caps lock or numb lock or whatever. I guess this is causing the game to minimize causing the game to crash.

1. Why does minimizing still crash FFXI?
    2. Why is the game being triggered to force to minimize when the caps lock icon thing pops up?
    3. Is there a way just to disable the caps lock key??? >.>
    MY guess is it's locking the screen like the windows dim function does with that user control protection enabled. Anything outside XP is finiky here I've heard.

You'll probibly need to disable that popup, if it's windows ease of access settings (disability settings) it should be easy but if it's something like a keyboard extension feature attached to a driver it might be harder. Some of these are in sticky keys etc will pop up if you hold shift key to long and repress it a few times.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 12-20-2012 at 02:44 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    You could run in windowed mode.

Disable the driver or software that pops up the thing

It's a directx problem and not exclusively a FFXI problem.

Alternatively you could just pop the caps lock key out of your keyboard.

Is it a laptop?
    It's not a directx problem. Many other DX8 and earlier games can be minimized without crashing.
    (0)

Character
    Caliana
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The minimize issue was supposed to be a way of controlling hacking at the beginning. Unfortunately, it just causes a lot of headaches ;p Just like Sarick suggested, there should be a way of turning that blip off in your control panel. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think that caps lock would prompt a UAC blip, but I turn that garbage off right away anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It is a laptop and on windows 8, where is the disability settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliana View Post
    The minimize issue was supposed to be a way of controlling hacking at the beginning. Unfortunately, it just causes a lot of headaches ;p Just like Sarick suggested, there should be a way of turning that blip off in your control panel. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think that caps lock would prompt a UAC blip, but I turn that garbage off right away anyway.
    Really? I always thought it was a "Don't know how to program" issue since I never seen any other game have the problem.

Also I thought this was meant to let SE know about problems.. How come I get so much more feedback from players and little from SE reps?
    (1)
    Last edited by Rambus; 12-20-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

How come I get so much more feedback from players and little from SE reps?
    You obviously dont come here often xD lol (though your post count implies otherwise)
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It is a laptop and on windows 8, where is the disability settings?

Really? I always thought it was a "Don't know how to program" issue since I never seen any other game have the problem.

Also I thought this was meant to let SE know about problems.. How come I get so much more feedback from players and little from SE reps?
    We apologize for your inconvenience and would like you to forward the following information. LOL That's what they'll say. Then they'll say we've forwarded your issue. Lastly they'll lock the thread as resolved. Not sure you'll want that type of help here.

Second I don't know anything about Windows 8. It doesn't look like a very appealing interface to me. I assume Google disability setting windows 8 would work.

This is why I know about it.

Click me to see

The Visual sounds is a step more.

Click me

Visual Notifications: Windows 8 gives people the option to replace system sounds with visual cues such as a flash on their screen so system alerts are announced using visual notifications instead of using sounds.

ToggleKeys works well for those with vision and mobility disabilities, allowing you to hear tones when these keys are pressed: Cap Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock.

Show extra keyboard help in programs shows extra help (if available) in some programs on how to accomplish commands using the keyboard. We hope that more software developers include extra help in future releases.

Sound: Turns on visual clues, along with computer sounds, for those having trouble hearing sounds on a computer. This solution also works well for hearing-impaired users or if a noisy environment drowns out computer sounds.

SoundSentry creates a visual warning each time your system makes a sound. You can flash the active caption bar, window, or desktop.

ShowSounds works well with programs that have the capability to show captions along with sounds. This provides an even better clue if you have trouble hearing computer sounds.

Humm, is it a gateway, dell or other name brand laptop that has a keyboard driver/utility?

Click me to look

Humm What about this..

Youtube video how to turn on/off togle keys

Sorry if I can't help more but this is the only stuff I've found about it on google.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 12-20-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yeah I found the ease of access thing and there was nothing to do to shut it off. I think it is like the dell thing but the laptop is a cleavo.

I like SE to reply to know so they can make the game harder to crash! I mean hitting the caps lock key crashes a game? really?

For my post count, I posted a lot here when it was new.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    look for an application running in the system tray (bottom right corner where the clock is)

See if anything there stands out at you.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast