Support Job: Redmage
    Area and Coordinates: All Areas
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Any NPC that locks your actions for an indefinite period of time
    Monster Name: N/A

Steps:
    1. Apply a status ailment via monster TP move or medicine
    2. Target and select an NPC that locks you're actions
    3. Status ailment will remain applied while status bonuses will eventually wear off
    (1)
    Last edited by Celestius; 12-19-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Hello Celestius,

Thank you very much for posting your concerns over the duration of the status effects when speaking with the NPC. In order to best assist you with this issue we will be needing some additional information. While some of this information may seem irrelevant, it is best to have as much information as possible in these cases. Once this is filled out we will submit this for review for you.

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Main Job:
    Support Job:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    NPC Name:
    Monster Name:
    Steps:
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestius View Post
    I'm aware of the changes made to status bonuses wearing off even when locked to an NPC, but a status ailment like weakened will remain on when locked to an NPC. Was this intentional or an oversight?

That isn't something that happened with the update, it's always been like that (or at least for as long as I can remember).
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

That's the entire point, Tamoa.

Old behavior: Everything was locked, both buffs and debuffs.
    New behavior: Buffs are not locked, debuffs are.

This is pretty inconsistent and annoying, and I think if one is locked, so should the other be. I am with Celestius and hope that this is a bug or an oversight, and not intended behavior.

I also think the game should discern between just talking to an NPC, and a full-on story-cutscene. No buff locking while targeting a ???, book or some random NPC? That's fine. However, I really think buffs should still be locked when your screen fades out and an actual cutscene that cannot be cancelled starts.

These are after all much rarer, uninterruptable, usually not repeatable, and often not even in locations where it would be possible to exploit them.
    (4)
    Last edited by Mirage; 12-18-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Character
    Celestius
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    Post edited
    (0)

Thank you for posting your concerns about status ailments. I have made sure to submit all of your information to the development team, and they will thoroughly investigate this matter, based on your report. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct response will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend checking Here or Here for any details regarding the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!
    (0)