Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The Meeble himself will tell you what items can come from it. A list of them.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [. . .] and even introduce limited time items.
    (11)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If it's just a flavor item then I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea. One thing I always kinda wished is that they made the Novennial/Decennial stuff only obtainable once, isn't the point of those armors to say "I was here when it was the 9th anniversary" etc?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    If it's just a flavor item then I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea. One thing I always kinda wished is that they made the Novennial/Decennial stuff only obtainable once, isn't the point of those armors to say "I was here when it was the 9th anniversary" etc?
    It wouldn't bother me at all if that's referring to a "11th anniversary shovel and attached Meeble costume". Flavor items with costumes and the like are cool bonuses for being around at a certain time.

Still, the other possibilities horrify me deeply enough that I'm okay with leaving out the caveats and just letting the NO.-face speak for me.
    (4)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 69

><)))°€

Being a sort of a collector, one-time-only items always greatly annoyed me. Even those that people would get from real-life events. I mean, in-game items should be for everyone, or no one, meaning not region restricted for example.

I much rather tell a friend, who might ask me about some silly hat I have, that they can get it at the event coming up soon than “oh, sorry, you could only get it if you were around at the time”. Granted, I've become used to FFXI having unobtainable items due to region or whatever for a long time now, so I wouldn't much care at this point if they were to go with it to this extent. Whatevs!

However, I do highly doubt it is really what it means here, though the wording definitely suggests it is, and I wouldn't be surprised! I might almost hope for that they would do just that so that I'd get more reason to stay away... whatever sense that makes! :S

Blubb...
    (2)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

Hello!

Below are a couple of responses from Producer Matsui in regards to Meeble Burrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Hello, Matsui here.

Thank you for all of your posts.

I have spoken with the lead developers for Meeble Burrows and received some comments I would like to share with you.

With the most recent version update, users now receive more research marks based on having more users as part of their group. I believe that presenting larger groups with bonuses and increased item counts and records is a good adjustment, but increasing research marks is going too far. I think that research marks are essentially being given out for free.
    By increasing the amount of research marks being given to larger groups, our goal is to encourage users to cooperate with others. The following are comments from a couple of users that capture the ideas we had envisioned for this content:

Let’s gather 6 players regardless of job, come up with a plan and have some fun!
    I usually go with a group of 4, but since we would get more points if we had 6, I want to find 2 more players.
    There are more detailed explanations behind this adjustment, but the above two comments capture our reasoning well. We feel that this content has a good flow to it now, so we will be leaving it as is for the time being.

Since I usually play in a group of 3, I didn’t get a strong sense that we are getting a lot more research marks after the recent version update. However, I did get very excited looking at the trading list for wizened worms. I understand that this is simply a bonus element, but I would really like to see Powder Boots on that list. More than that, I would be extremely happy to see Dervish Sword on that list. (In actuality, I only got fish bones both times. lol)

This leads me to my question: are the probabilities for this content the same for all users? For example, as a WHM I earned 21 worms, but a WAR was able to earn 43 worms and 6 morions in the same program. Will the WAR have a better chance because of the higher number of worms, or will the probabilities be the same? Maybe I shouldn’t focus so much on bonus content, but I would really like to know.
    The probabilities are all random.

We did think about rewarding users based on their results, but we decided to make the probabilities all the same so that users can enjoy this content without worrying about which job they are playing with.

As you said, this is bonus content after all.

This may be a bit off topic, but I would like to know if the areas for the additional programs will also be Everbloom Hollow, Ruhotz Silvermines, and Ghoyu’s Reverie. I feel that users would get bored if the same areas are used all the time. Even though Abyssea was also a “copy and paste” map, it had a sense of freedom, because it was a field. The Meeble areas are all caves, so they feel very closed.
    Since the name of the content is Meeble Burrows (a burrow is a hole or tunnel dug by a small animal) it would feel strange if the map was open and free.

To answer your question, we will most likely use the new areas added in the Seekers of Adoulin. We will put some thought into this, though.

I feel like objective 3 should be more difficult, but do many people disagree?
    Our goal was to set the difficulty of objective 3 so that a party of six players would be able to complete it regardless of their jobs, as long as they use all of the support enhancements.

There was talk of a hard mode at the time of development, so we would like to look into this idea as well as related items when the time is right.
    (9)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I dont see how a party of 6 will have a better chance of 3 starring the one where you have to make it through the maze in five minutes. That one is just bullshit.

Otherwise 3 stars are pretty easy.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Player
    Splitting up and spreading out then using team work, call outs, and coordination to find your way the fastest! No really I'm bullshitting you, thats probably their thoughts but its much more likely that with 6 people 1 person is gonna get lost, your best/only chance at that one is 6 THFs with Fajin or Powder Boots after flee is down.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm under the impression they want to encourage people to form larger groups since the areas can only sustain so many people inside at a time. If everyone just trio'd everything in burrows congestion would get worse as they added sack max/sack restock time KIs.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Splitting up and spreading out then using team work, call outs, and coordination to find your way the fastest! No really I'm bullshitting you, thats probably their thoughts but its much more likely that with 6 people 1 person is gonna get lost, your best/only chance at that one is 6 THFs with Fajin or Powder Boots after flee is down.
    My group has 3 starred every run except that one.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast