Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Meeble Burrows Update!

Greetings burrowers!

As part of the newly introduced wizened worms, we are making a whole slew of items so that we can change the item line-up in the future. We’d like to provide more elements of excitement such as this and even introduce limited time items.

We are also working hard on the new expeditions that everyone has been waiting for (what the development team is calling “the second installment”), so that we can implement them soon.

Additionally, there was a request from a player asking if it would be possible to write names on grimoires so that it would make it easier to tell them apart.

Well, we tested it out!

We created a grimoire with a name on it for our test, and it is definitely possible to add names, though it would take some work to make the interface where you can enter in the text. However…

When we actually tried to use the grimoire with the name on it those good ol’ meebles down in the burrows straight up rejected it. Well okay, I’m lying they didn’t do that, but when we traded to have it recorded the memo was gone when we got it back. This is something that we would need to change system-wise in order to address this. Unfortunately the cost to change this system is quite large, so we will be doing our best to make this aspect of Meeble Burrows more convenient through the NPC that was just recently added to Upper Jeuno.
    (10)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We’d like to provide more elements of excitement such as this and even introduce limited time items.
    If by this you mean you are going to release items that can only ever be gotten once ever, then everyone who didn't play Meeble Burrows during 2013 during the month of May has to look on in jealousy at those who did and were lucky enough to get the item, then please convey my deep and serious contempt for this terrible idea.

If by this you mean that you'll have cycling availability of items depending on the time of the year, or based on the moonphase or something, but the availability isn't limited to once ever, then I don't really like this very much, but it is okay albeit mildly annoying.

If by this you mean that you'll have bonus non-equipment items like the Mog Bonanza furniture available depending on the time of year, or based on the moonphase or something as an occasional reward, then this seems like it could almost be a sensible idea provided that availability isn't once ever.

Seriously, if it is the first one of these three, please do your best to convey venom and hatred of the idea, because the idea is bad and whoever thought it up should feel bad.

In any case, I'd like it if we could get some clarification for what this means, especially if it is the first one so I can rally some opposition against it if that is the case.
    (25)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Limited time items are a cheap way to make people feel like they have to do an event that they don't really feel like doing. I agree this is a terrible terrible idea. Whoever thought of it should have been pepper sprayed before they finished the sentence.
    (9)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Rooks
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Please, no limited time items. New and returning players already face an uphill battle. Please don't punish them further based on when they start/took their break.

The very last thing we want is giving lapsed players a rationale to stay gone!
    (11)

I'm inclined to agree Limited Time Items are kinda poop. I mean, If it was "Available 1 month a Year" like a Holiday Event, I could be okay with that, as it would eventually come back around. but a 1 and done deal is just... not enjoyable, Especially as mentioned for new players.

Though, I like the brainstorming going on. If i could start, Add more items to the Worms, and add more types of worms. If i were to make a suggestion, Gusterion would be nice.
    (5)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If i were to make a suggestion, Gusterion would be nice.
    Somehow I doubt they'll ever even consider adding the pulse items onto the item lists for that.
    (0)

Time-limited items should be limited to vanity items, not items that make a difference in actual gameplay.

Not being able to get a item that would actually help you in battle because you were deployed/comatose/homeless/somethingelse during the period of availability is just seriously annoying. Please do not do it.
    (5)

Character
    Dew
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Somehow I doubt they'll ever even consider adding the pulse items onto the item lists for that.
    The phantom worm list has Adflictio on it.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dew View Post
    The phantom worm list has Adflictio on it.
    This^.

I mentioned that too. They have quite a few good items on those list, I say just expand the lists a bit, Even if you have to add new worms. That'd be a good update in itself too. Though, I do so look forward to the new zones.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Oh? That's pretty cool (As cool as a suicide scythe can be I guess). Is there a list of the items found off the worms so far, because I can't find one, heh.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast