Character
    Boyka
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

My feeling on Quest Interface of FFXi

Greetings!

While I am not sure if this is the perfect place for this.... I would like to comment on the quest and user interface of this game.

I am a great fan of this game. Played since first NA release

Alas, I always felt the game is not straight forward enough and not too user friendly. Not that I do not enjoy the challenges in FFXi but as much as I enjoy reading Lord of the Rings, the quest interface is really not easy...

Finding the quest NPCs....keeping track of what you have done, knowing where to go..... most things can never be done without wiki to remind yourself.

I think, the gameplay and content is absolutely the best out there, still is. But I really hope one day, the quests interface and more user friendly and give more In-game markers and clues to where to go.

Personally I think its the only thing that turn people off and burn them out, because there is too much content and not enough in-game directions to keep you entertained.

Hopefully, just hopefully one way, there will be NPC indicators for merchants and quests to simplify FFXi.

Until then, I can only hope I can keep myself interested....

Thank you for your attention!

Thx and cheers!

Warm regards,
    Moca
    (0)

Character
    Boyka
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    NOTE: Oh about enjoying reading Lord of the Rings... I mean FFXI has lots to read about just like a never-ending novel, which is excellent, means the developers really put a lot of heart to it!

But as I mentioned, the lack of direction to guide you through the quest just for a cut scene really hurt in the long run and bad for "business".

After a while, it feels like another day at work

My humble apologies if my comments seemed offensive, I merely wish for an improvement that appears... long due?
    (0)