Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Bassai
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Why aoe damage are so weak compared to Fell cleave and other aoe WS, the multiple target penaltie need to be updated.

A change like, giving 3% damage penaltie for each target, so -30% for 10 target and more. This change must applie to aoe WS too. Sound good.
    (1)

Character
    Thereaper
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
    Why aoe damage are so weak compared to Fell cleave and other aoe WS, the multiple target penaltie need to be updated.

A change like, giving 3% damage penaltie for each target, so -30% for 10 target and more. This change must applie to aoe WS too. Sound good.
    you realize the current aoe penalty for magic stops going up after ~10+ targets right?
    and currently the actual change from 3 targets to 4 targets or 5 to 6 targets is ~5%
    generally aoe magic damage wont keep up with fell cleave except under certain situations(mob type takes extra magic damage like puddings or something), but its not THAT bad... (unless your trying to fell cleave burn as blm I guess it would be >_>)
    (0)

Character
    Bassai
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    you realize the current aoe penalty for magic stops going up after ~10+ targets right?
    and currently the actual change from 3 targets to 4 targets or 5 to 6 targets is ~5%
    generally aoe magic damage wont keep up with fell cleave except under certain situations(mob type takes extra magic damage like puddings or something), but its not THAT bad... (unless your trying to fell cleave burn as blm I guess it would be >_>)
    There is a problem when a black mage can't kill faster 10 target with aoe highly mp consuming and interuptable spell than rdm or war.
    (2)

Character
    Thereaper
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
    There is a problem when a black mage can't kill faster 10 target with aoe highly mp consuming and interuptable spell than rdm or war.
    my point was that if you let it scale linearly past 10 with no limit then with enough mobs the penalty would become worse than what it currently is, wouldn't it be a simpler idea to ask them to take the penalty off magic? I know they are working on an overhaul of elemental magic maybe they'll address it
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4