Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Greetings!

Below is a message from Producer Akihiko Matsui about adjustments to the old Salvage content.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    I spoke to the Salvage lead about the plans for future adjustments.

As a result of our discussion, since we have implemented the higher-tier Salvage expansion, we decided to increase the drop rates on equipment that could be obtained in the previous salvage areas.

Also, in addition to the above adjustment, we will be making changes to the Bhaflau Remnants so that equipment will not drop only from the NMs that Reactionary Ramparts spawn, but the regular monsters it spawns as well.

Due to the fact that increasing the NM spawn rate would affect the yield of Alexandrite, we will be keeping cotton purses and higher equipment drops rates as special bonuses for defeating the NM, but will be implementing these changes with the objective of increasing the chances to obtain equipment.
    (30)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I"ve not seen the Bee NM spawn in the last 12 times I've run Bhaflau remnants. Is there a special condition aside from letting the rampart spawn as many bees as possible?

Otherwise some of the gear options are really great.

I wasn't expecting a NNI -like revolution which made everything that came before obsolete.
    (3)
    Last edited by Xilk; 12-19-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Awesome! Bhaflau's has been my mortal enemy for 35 drops. Is this something we could reasonably expect in the next update?

I'm aware of how priorities can shift with time, would it be possible to perhaps give a monthly "status" report on progressing upgrades? Maybe percentage of completion on each item so you're not promising deadlines, but still letting us get an idea of delivery? Kind of like the Cait Sith video.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Below is a message from Producer Akihiko Matsui about adjustments to the old Salvage content.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    [..] since we have implemented the higher-tier Salvage expansion, we decided to increase the drop rates on equipment that could be obtained in the previous salvage areas.
    Just to clarify, since the wording is a bit ambiguous, did you already increase the drop rate or did you just decide on it and will do it in a future update?
    (6)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    THANK YOU
    (0)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Great idea. I agree with the OP on this that not all of the pieces of gear are the best in the game, but why would we want to put our NNI gear to rest so quickly anyways? There are a few pieces in the new salvage gear that would have uses for sure, and I am very happy to hear that the NQ gear is going to be easier to get.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    honestly, citadel chenolian has been my mortal enemy since salvage came out. Still 14/15 usu pieces....
    (0)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hopefully they adjust the amount of 25 pieces that drop from the Mega Bosses as well.

Seriously, we've been targeting AR for a while now to finish off my friend's Skadi pants yet it has been AGES since we've seen a pair of 25 Skadi legs drop (he wasn't there for the previous pair long ago).

Perhaps make the Mega Boss drop 3-4 25 pieces instead to help groups out with this problem? :/

Although if anything then, we'll just be seeing 3-4 Ea's Doublets drop instead of the usual 2 lol
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenecol View Post
    No cells. The new salvage is a lot of fun but there is the problem of NO INTEREST. I find it really hard to make groups. Most people still want to do NNI since salvage is work without the gear being vastly superior like it should be.
    You have to find ppl with 15/15 NNI gear or completely hate NNI to do it. You only need 3~4 ppl for new salvage, so it's not zomg hard to make pt compare with those needing a static(such as meeble, legion etc)
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    would t say hate nni in fact i know a few people who only have a few pieces(nni) still doing salvage 2 and i know a handfull of groups doing it (myself being in one) there are a decent number of really good pieces in there, just not generally in the most direct sense (like a thf with a last stand set up)
    (0)

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast