Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Is anyone particularly happy with the new gear from New Salvage?

My RDM is pretty disappointed. My BST is pretty happy, but my BST is always happy.

I haven't seen a lot of nice things said about the new Ares or it's variant. I don't see anything I'd want on my DRG....or any job really.

I find myself underwhelmed. The gear could be in anticipation of new WS adjustments, but I don't like giving credit where credit isn't due. If NNI was really the top end gear, then why didn't SE take better care to keep it from cheaters? Or even release it before everything else that they are revamping?

Please like if you also feel like the assortment of gear, on average, is a let down.

(I don't like to complain, but I also don't like the idea that this game becomes more boring and uninteresting than it has already become. The likelihood that they will adjust gear later is almost 100% guaranteed to be none and honestly complaining now probably won't mean anything either, but I might as well try.)
    (40)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 12-13-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Based on the current info, the stats on the alternate set make a lot of sense because they're relatively easy to obtain:

New Head: LV45 Head + 10 Plans + 15 Mythril
    New Body: LV45 Body + 12 Plans + 15 Mythril
    New Hands: LV45 Hands + 12 Plans + 15 Mythril
    New Legs: LV45 Legs + 12 Plans + 15 Mythril
    New Feet: LV45 Feet + 10 Plans + 15 Mythril

Even in a pretty casual trio group, you could get everything you need for one of those pieces in about 2 weeks, without the insane RNG rolling that NNI has.

However, I have to express my bewilderment at the quality of the +1 gear considering the stuff you need to get that:

Old+1 Head: LV45 Head + 40 Plans + 15 Gold Pieces
    Old+1 Body: LV45 Body + 50 Plans + 15 Gold Pieces
    Old+1 Hands: LV45 Hands + 45 Plans + 15 Gold Pieces
    Old +1 Legs: LV45 Hands + 45 Plans + 15 Gold Pieces
    Old +1 Feet: : LV45 Feet + 40 Plans + 15 Gold Pieces

For a single piece, I'm doing something like a month of neo salvage runs every day, spending 300k on gold coins, and then have to trade in my old item in addition to that. Some of the upgrades (Usukane Sune-Ate +1) are quite good, while some are almost totally pointless (Skadi's Jambeaux +1). Unless there's some kind of augment system that hasn't been discovered yet these pieces are pretty lackluster for the amount of effort they require to obtain. Keep in mind, you're sacrificing doing a normal salvage run in favor of doing neo salvage, so you're technically losing out on hundreds of thousands of gil with every single run.

This post contains special thanks to Sylow, who brought you the shiny new salvage information
    (13)
    Last edited by Kincard; 12-13-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12
    Most of the gear is trash when you consider it's mostly side grades or inferior to other gear that already exists.
    (7)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I didn't expect much out of salvage gear, but I expected full usukane +1 to beat full tantra +2 at the very least. And it's much inferior. What the hell? To the DEV, why bother make set bonus if full sets are bad. Only 2-3 situational pieces for monk at the first look, that im not even sure improve my damage. I did 2 salvage runs and it's too easy to my liking (kill stuff > NM pops> kill it, NMs present no chalenge), nothing like the good old elaborate strategies and overall run planning of salvage V1. Yeah they managed to fuck up salvage update lol.
    (3)

Player
    The event seems much easier than old-school salvage was at 75. So, I'm not surprised that the new Salvage equipment doesn't trample its contemporaries the way some Salvage equipment did at 75.

The "alternative" set is very reasonable to make given the bonuses on it. To make the equally decent +1'ed old items, you just need the old items and...

...and...

. . . uh . . . oh . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Old+1 Head: LV45 Head + 40 Plans + 15 Gold Pieces
    Old+1 Body: LV45 Body + 50 Plans + 15 Gold Pieces
    Old+1 Hands: LV45 Hands + 45 Plans + 15 Gold Pieces
    Old +1 Legs: LV45 Hands + 45 Plans + 15 Gold Pieces
    Old +1 Feet: : LV45 Feet + 40 Plans + 15 Gold Pieces
    (10)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 12-14-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Keep in mind, you're sacrificing doing a normal salvage run in favor of doing neo salvage, so you're technically losing out on hundreds of thousands of gil with every single run.
    No alexandrite in the new runs?
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No alexandrite in the new runs?
    From the (very limited) reports I've heard so far, there is about the same amount per run as it was in the past. Only you can solo old Salvage, whereas you have to have several people to do new Salvage with, so you have to split with more people and get less in the end.
    (10)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I wish the gear sucked a little more so I wouldnt have to bother with it at all.
    (16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm better off trying for a Hexed Jacket -1 from the looks of things
    (0)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

Player
    I wouldn't go that far. Really its money vs time.
    (0)

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast