Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Both the Skadi Legs and the Morrigan Robe have localization errors, yeah. They both increased haste and attack from the NQ, respectively. I don't think any other pieces lost stats so none of the items lost stats as far as I know.
    (0)

2. 12-27-2012 02:25 PM

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Both the Skadi Legs and the Morrigan Robe have localization errors, yeah. They both increased haste and attack from the NQ, respectively. I don't think any other pieces lost stats so none of the items lost stats as far as I know.
    Ahh. Good to know. Silly me, trusting printed stats.
    (1)

Character
    Yenecol
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So, are they going to fix the descriptions? Or are they happy because they know that we know what the stats are supposed to be? :P
    (0)

Player
    They fill fix them in the upcoming update I'm sure.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't think any other pieces lost stats so none of the items lost stats as far as I know.
    Marduk+1 lost the HP/MP+x%, as far as I know. Made me a sad galka.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm kind of happy with the Skadi set. I have a reason to get every single piece for DNC.

Ares +1... there are maybe one or two pieces that I want. This set kind of got stiffed, but some of those jobs are viewed as "overpowered" so perhaps this is just an indirect job adjustment.

Morrigan +1 is okay, though the magic damage version update will put a damper on its awesomeness and make feet/body really the only good pieces (I think).

Marduk +1 is very solid.

Usu +1 has some nice pieces, but the set bonus is less useful than it used to be because Haste is so readily available these days (especially for Monk).

Of the secondary Armor sets, I have mostly looked at Sigyn and Ker's. Of those, Sigyn Hands are pretty solid for /ra on THF or COR and Sigyn feet are solid TP feet for Thief. Otherwise the sets are kind of useless as far as I can see.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I'm kind of happy with the Skadi set. I have a reason to get every single piece for DNC.

Ares +1... there are maybe one or two pieces that I want. This set kind of got stiffed, but some of those jobs are viewed as "overpowered" so perhaps this is just an indirect job adjustment.

Morrigan +1 is okay, though the magic damage version update will put a damper on its awesomeness and make feet/body really the only good pieces (I think).

Marduk +1 is very solid.

Usu +1 has some nice pieces, but the set bonus is less useful than it used to be because Haste is so readily available these days (especially for Monk).

Of the secondary Armor sets, I have mostly looked at Sigyn and Ker's. Of those, Sigyn Hands are pretty solid for /ra on THF or COR and Sigyn feet are solid TP feet for Thief. Otherwise the sets are kind of useless as far as I can see.
    Ares +1, I'd look at the hands for WAR, the Body / Legs also look interesting.

Morrigans +1 is mostly for RDM KoTR / Req or BLU Req / S.Blade spam. Nares beats it for nuking. Thought there could be an argument for using it for enfeebles as it's concentration of INT / MND / M.Acc would save some inventory space.

The only Usu +1 that really stood out for me was the head + feet combo, could do interesting things for sTP builds.

On the off items, Ker's body seems like a substitute for those who can't get a HQ Adaberk, if only it was Store TP instead of Subtle Blow. Nabu's body seems a bow to the Winjas while the legs are an interesting part for those who like epic swapping.

Mostly the sets suffer from SE trying to make them do "everything" for every job. Instead of each piece being epic at something (like NNI gear), each piece is merely good at many things.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Nabu's body seems a bow to the Winjas
    Nabu's Jubbah actually hurts melee White Mages that are offhanding a multihitter. Since White Mage doesn't get Dual Wield, Double Attack, or Temper, it doesn't really have enough Double Attack to make stacking it instead of offhanding a multihitter (OAT2-4, or Kraken Club). Double Attack is also useless for WS since Realmrazer is better then Hexa Strike (despite SE's nerfs), and already hits the 8 hit cap.

While I will credit this piece with being relatively easy to obtain, a White Mage would be better off TPing in a Shedir Manteel for the accuracy while maintaining body haste, and although this piece would also make an okay WS piece, someone will eventually find out where the Sublime Breastplate comes from, and in the meantime, there are decent alternatives that don't eat a slot.

Part of multi-job sets like these tends to be having gear that is great for some other job, but still sidegrade for another (one example that comes to mind is Nabu's Dastanas vs. Healer's Mitts +1, but I guess we still have to pester SE for AF1+2 for a proper upgrade). Gear that has WHM/SMN/BRD on it tends to be especially bad in this regard, but the Salvage II gear isn't as bad as previous sets.

Considering that Salvage II gear is supposed to be more casual then most other 99 gear these days, the gear rewards from it are understandable at least.
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The only Usu +1 that really stood out for me was the head + feet combo, could do interesting things for sTP builds.
    Usukane +1 is useful in every slot for lolNIN. The Head/Body/Hands are great for evasion sets, while the legs + feet (and sometimes the head) is the best for TP sets thanks to the set bonus. At first glance the Usukane +1 looked really side gradey, but the set bonus really saved it. I imagine a MNK and PUP can have similar uses for all of it because of their high base evasion as well.

The secondary items certainly do look very lackluster by comparison after considering the set bonus now. Omodaka Gote are a decent hybrid haste/evasion hands (also accuracy choice for SAMs etc) without spending 50M for a pair of Tenryu. I think the Omodaka Feet were good for Kaiten/Fudo/Shoha.

someone will eventually find out where the Sublime Breastplate
    It's very, very likely it's coming from the Burrows missions they postponed (it will come along in a few weeks if I'm not mistaken), along with a bunch of other non-salvage items that were added this patch, like the Uguisu.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Nabu's Jubbah actually hurts melee White Mages that are offhanding a multihitter. Since White Mage doesn't get Dual Wield, Double Attack, or Temper, it doesn't really have enough Double Attack to make stacking it instead of offhanding a multihitter (OAT2-4, or Kraken Club). Double Attack is also useless for WS since Realmrazer is better then Hexa Strike (despite SE's nerfs), and already hits the 8 hit cap.

While I will credit this piece with being relatively easy to obtain, a White Mage would be better off TPing in a Shedir Manteel for the accuracy while maintaining body haste, and although this piece would also make an okay WS piece, someone will eventually find out where the Sublime Breastplate comes from, and in the meantime, there are decent alternatives that don't eat a slot.

Part of multi-job sets like these tends to be having gear that is great for some other job, but still sidegrade for another (one example that comes to mind is Nabu's Dastanas vs. Healer's Mitts +1, but I guess we still have to pester SE for AF1+2 for a proper upgrade). Gear that has WHM/SMN/BRD on it tends to be especially bad in this regard, but the Salvage II gear isn't as bad as previous sets.

Considering that Salvage II gear is supposed to be more casual then most other 99 gear these days, the gear rewards from it are understandable at least.
    Umm why on earth are you using a multi-hitter off hand. If your going to Winja and use a magian weapon then it should be a STR club, or failling that a PDT club (less healing = more swinging). The multi-hitters just feed more TP and deal no additional damage.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast