Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So despite the level 96 requirement, new slavage is easier than the old slavage was at 75?

edit OMG 4000th post
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    So despite the level 96 requirement, new slavage is easier than the old slavage was at 75?

edit OMG 4000th post

Easier isn't the best word, since 75cap Salvage was pretty damn easy for a good group.

It is definitely a fast event however with way less retarded gimics. There are no gear trains, random BR ramparts. I personally like it, most of our runs are an hour and we always get stuff done. The +1 requirements are a bit high IMO, we are about to finish our first piece but its pretty much 5-8 runs per piece, which over the course of a SP is a ton of repeat.
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's a little easier, but a better way to describe it is less complicated.
    (1)

Player
    The way to get the gear makes no sense. You want a piece of gear? Take some plans to a person, now heres the deal, if you want a brand new piece, only need 12ish plans and a piece of gear for him to work on, thats fair. On the other hand, if you wanna upgrade a piece you already got? Psh~ 40 plans. Why is it that when I give him more preexisting gear, he needs more plans? Sounds to me like if you have someone give you something with alot of work on it already done you could finish it alot easier, much more so than starting from scratch at least...
    (4)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    The way to get the gear makes no sense. You want a piece of gear? Take some plans to a person, now heres the deal, if you want a brand new piece, only need 12ish plans and a piece of gear for him to work on, thats fair. On the other hand, if you wanna upgrade a piece you already got? Psh~ 40 plans. Why is it that when I give him more preexisting gear, he needs more plans? Sounds to me like if you have someone give you something with alot of work on it already done you could finish it alot easier, much more so than starting from scratch at least...
    Because your upgrading the old salvage gear, the "new" gear doesn't have set bonus and tends to have less stats overall, though it may have more relevant stats.

The event isn't so much "easier" as each and every run your going to walk away with ~something~. It's far less random then old salvage where you could go a long time before seeing your NM (Phedro oh how I hate you). It's a bit more "grindy" in that you can't get lucky and get three pieces in a week and walk away with an upgrade.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    I just meant number wise. Give them an already finished product that just needs upgrading and they need more blueprints telling them how, but tell them to build it for you from the ground up and they need only like 10 and their fine. Just makes little sense from that perspective, regardless of stats, wouldn't the fact you have half your work done, or something similar to the end design, make it easier to make anyways without having all of these extra plans? Especially if you can build one from the ground up with fewer, seems insane you would need 4 times as many for something like that.
    (2)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    I didn't expect much out of salvage gear, but I expected full usukane +1 to beat full tantra +2 at the very least. And it's much inferior. What the hell? To the DEV, why bother make set bonus if full sets are bad. Only 2-3 situational pieces for monk at the first look, that im not even sure improve my damage. I did 2 salvage runs and it's too easy to my liking (kill stuff > NM pops> kill it, NMs present no chalenge), nothing like the good old elaborate strategies and overall run planning of salvage V1. Yeah they managed to fuck up salvage update lol.
    I said this once and I will say it again. Abyssea was a blessing and a curse. They made the gear so good it will be really hard for them to top it without making new gear game breaking.
    (4)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ejiin tested that the +1 gear set bonus works with 2 pieces. (and probably increases as you add more)

3% haste bonus was given for Usu body and feet.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Player
    Why did they remove original stats from the old pieces.. in many cases that's wasted time and gil for a downgrade..

I can't think of any other +1 sets that had their original stats removed..? Usually the original stats stay the same or receive a bonus.. probably been mentioned a dozen times already. Didn't read thread. Saying again for complaint counter.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Stats were removed or changed as early as AF+1. Do a comparison between AF and AF+1, you'll see a lot of things were added or removed. Although off the top of my head I can't think of an instance where the "important stats" were replaced.

Aside from that, if you were referring to Skadi legs, I believe it was a localization error.
    (0)

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast