Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Yenecol
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    As painful as level 75 salvage could be due to drop rates and randomness of what dropped, it was nonetheless the premier event for getting some of the best gear around. My proudest moment in my entire FFXI career was leading a group through Zhayolm to finish skadi gloves.

That was August 2010 if I recall... and very soon after abyssea hit and skadi gloves became obsolete. I have been dreaming of this day that those gloves would become useful once again. Fortunately in that time, I have come to love beastmaster and I am extremely happy with skadi gloves+1. I am incredibly excited to get these.

However... I have found it difficult to find people to do salvage because a lot of the gear does fall short of people's expectations. I know I am seriously disappointed with skadi legs +1. You took away haste 2 just to add one paltry additional store tp?! Ludicrous! I was hoping to see something like store tp+14. For me the most important stat of those legs was the store tp+7 and that's what I wanted to see go up - way up. As it stands, you took away haste 2 and the store tp still doesn't beat sylvan brague +2 at store tp 9. Far as the skadi legs go, you break my heart SE! Those legs are NOT worth the effort and I so wanted them upgraded! They look good, I like wearing them! If you can, FIX THEM!!!!

Salvage gear should beat Nyzul. Like I said before, it was the premier event at 75 and now that it just came back out, it should be the best and it is not. Salvage needs more respect - it should not be just a time-killer to "cure cabin fever" while waiting for the next expansion. If you cannot fix the current +1, promise us a way to get them to +2 in the future. I want this gear to be useful even after Seekers of Adoulin comes out and many people believe that is not going to be the case.
    (3)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I think asking this stuff to be better than NNI stuff is way too much considering how easy the event is. It's a really leisurely event compared to 75 salvage and NNI. I understand where they were coming from, trying to fill a gap between Abyssea/VW and NNI/Legion and this seems to fit that pretty well. Problem is that a lot of the gear isn't even as good as AF3+2 in a lot of cases.

Skadi's Legs +1 actually have a translation error as I understand it. They actually do have haste+6%. In that light, Skadi +1 actually came out alright overall, I think.

And Skadi Hands? lol
    Try being one of the people that spent months farming to get 12x Imperial Wootz when the were like 10M each, back when 10M was a LOT of freaking gil. >_>
    (5)

Character
    Yenecol
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I think asking this stuff to be better than NNI stuff is way too much considering how easy the event is. It's a really leisurely event compared to 75 salvage and NNI. I understand where they were coming from, trying to fill a gap between Abyssea/VW and NNI/Legion and this seems to fit that pretty well. Problem is that a lot of the gear isn't even as good as AF3+2 in a lot of cases.
    Yes, salvage is easy - too easy! I understand the need for more casual content but salvage does not deserve to be casual content. Salvage is supposed to be for a small group of elite players. I feel nyzul isle and salvage switched places. NNI should be the easy casual event and salvage should be the event with zomg-must-have gear with a level of challenge that gives you a sense of pride. I asked someone to do salvage with me and he said he had NNI. Nyzul having more importance than Salvage just does not seem right to me... maybe I am living in the past?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenecol View Post
    maybe I am living in the past?
    You are, and somewhat I disagree. Thanks to Alexandrites coming from Salvage they have to make it the more casual event so more people do it, less people doing it means less around to use for Mythics, and thats a problem they said they wanted to change, because the number of Mythics are so low by compare. The gear needs improved, but the fact its a more casual event is a good thing for Mythics, if nothing else.
    (6)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    You are, and somewhat I disagree. Thanks to Alexandrites coming from Salvage they have to make it the more casual event so more people do it, less people doing it means less around to use for Mythics, and thats a problem they said they wanted to change, because the number of Mythics are so low by compare. The gear needs improved, but the fact its a more casual event is a good thing for Mythics, if nothing else.
    The gear from Neo Salvage is pretty decent / good (not all pieces are for all the jobs on them) once you discount NNI and some of the mega HQ / augmented stuff. It's middle ground gear basically, just like some of the AU / AO pieces were.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    From a gameplay perspective, the original salvage was probably the best event ever added to the game. I enjoyed it a lot more than dynamis.
    (2)

Character
    Yenecol
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    From a gameplay perspective, the original salvage was probably the best event ever added to the game. I enjoyed it a lot more than dynamis.
    I agree but they kept something from the old salvage that I wish they DID get rid of - the ability for someone to exit the entire group from the final floor. I just beat Arrapago remnants II and my wish came true - an Idi's mask dropped. I was so excited! And then, the last guy... the last guy did NOT pass and exited the entire group out of the area. No one got Idi's mask. My night ended with me in a murderous rage. Please fix it so at the end, people can only exit themselves!
    (5)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Why would you even bother using those teleports when everyone is given a set of fireflies, anyway?
    (1)

Character
    Yenecol
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Why would you even bother using those teleports when everyone is given a set of fireflies, anyway?
    ExactlY! For that reason, I started a thread specifically asking the devs to remove that stupid teleport!
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenecol View Post
    I agree but they kept something from the old salvage that I wish they DID get rid of - the ability for someone to exit the entire group from the final floor. I just beat Arrapago remnants II and my wish came true - an Idi's mask dropped. I was so excited! And then, the last guy... the last guy did NOT pass and exited the entire group out of the area. No one got Idi's mask. My night ended with me in a murderous rage. Please fix it so at the end, people can only exit themselves!
    Sometimes I think they set this sort of thing up on purpose just so some poor soul will be cheated out of a piece and have to go back for it (probably multiple times). Either that or they just don't know what the hell they're doing.
    (1)

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast