Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50

Level 99s destroying Campaign for leveling

Time was, Campaign was a nice way to level in the 70s, 80s and 90s for those of us unable or unwilling to put up with the Abyssea pain.

That time's gone, often now battle are full of 99s with fully merited WS, Relic or better weapons that destroy mobs in a dozen hits. This means the 99 gets a LOT of damage credit and the rest of us leveling get damn all.

Please do something to nerf these way over-powered skill and gear to make Campaign once again a place for leveling, and let the 99s go back to the content designed for them.
    (2)

Campaign full of lv99 R/M/E users? Can't say this sounds familiar.
    (9)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Campaign full of lv99 R/M/E users? Can't say this sounds familiar.

Its all the Masamune and Apoc users ungimping themselves. (aka getting rose straps)
    (2)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Time was, Campaign was a nice way to level in the 70s, 80s and 90s for those of us unable or unwilling to put up with the Abyssea pain.

That time's gone, often now battle are full of 99s with fully merited WS, Relic or better weapons that destroy mobs in a dozen hits. This means the 99 gets a LOT of damage credit and the rest of us leveling get damn all.

Please do something to nerf these way over-powered skill and gear to make Campaign once again a place for leveling, and let the 99s go back to the content designed for them.

Asking for a nerf on anything is just wrong, We pay for this game and we've grown to understand campaign, from old "school" to now, not much has changed besides not many members campaign anymore. Yes we've Leveled up a lot, We knew this was going to happen. Campaign has pretty much stayed the same minus the fact beast-men own most of the areas, but that's our fault.

I always took campaign as something (lack of a better word) to hangout with friends and family when we had some downtime, After all we can't skill up anything in campaign only level up. Most (not all) will find a waste of time.

Helpfulness; I Melee in campaign and I've noticed people fighting start to end on one tag... by doing that you've wasted so much XP. Medal Of Altana Max per tag is 9.200xp 7.200an to reach this max you'll have to output 18-25K in Damage, once you hit that mark, switch out for a new tag. Each medal has its own max. Find the damage cap, hit that damage cap switch out your tag for a higher reward! (my number maybe off a bit, been awhile since I did campaign.)
    (12)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    Please do something to nerf these way over-powered skill and gear
    Yes, we have not had enough nerfs as of late, lets destroy level 99 gear and WSs for the sake of low levels in Campaign because they don't wanna goto Abyssea!
    (14)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    O.o not sure about you but my server i rarely see people doing campaign and you calling for a 99 nerf for them? like how and why would you wanna nerf that for? would be happy to even see people showing there. that like saying them 99s are destroying Besieged. most of them campaign npc are lvl 99 and they killing the exp so nerf them.lol
    (7)

Character
    Spiritreaver
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

I'm on your server, where are you doing battles and when during the day? Because for me, its always more an issue that there are more NPCs than real players in Campaign.
    (9)

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    LOL 99s killing Campaign. That's rich.
    (15)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

God forbid...guys, Lv99s are destroying Lv75 content! Really? It's the end of the world as we know it. Let's nerf everybody because one person doesn't like how much work others put into their characters and decided to do Campaign Battles. Q.Q

No seriously. This demand is selfish and arrogant... The thread should be removed. Your post doesn't even justify the right of a nerf. Campaign Battle is Lv75 content, it is outdated and hardly anybody does it anymore. As stated in another post, go complain about NPCs instead since there are more of them than actual players, but even then, those NPCs aren't even that capable of winning Campaign Battles frequently on their own so finding stuff to melee for exp really shouldn't matter...

Also know that if you are trying to level in Campaign pre60, the exp rewards given are capped off or restricted, can't say I remember really, but even then doing Campaign as melee pre60 usually was much more of a hassle since mobs would pummel you w/ AoEs, etc.. I'm not gonna go into huge detail, but the point here is this thread should be closed for such a trivial/selfish demand.
    (19)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Ramble...
    You are level 1, you have a long way to go before you're high enough to effectively participate in campaign. Go enjoy other content first.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast