Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

New proto-waypoints? Niiiiice.

(Passed on with <3 from BG's discussion of the update

With the update, there's a new "proto-waypoint" teleportation system available. It looks like the following are available- which you pay for with crystals/crystal clusters:

1) Selbina / Mhaura / Rabao / Norg
    2) W.Ronfaure / N Gusta / W Saruta / La Theine / Konschtat / Tahrongi / Jugner / Pashhow / Meri Mts. / Attohwa / Ule
    3) Davoi/Beadeaux/Castle Oztroja/the Quicksand Caves/Sea Serpent Grotto/the Temple of Uggalepih/the Boyahda Tree/Oldton Movalpolos/Riverne - Site #B01/Castle Zvahl Keep

And from the NPC chatter, it's also the beginning of preview stuff for the new expansion.

(11)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

I really want to take a ship or an airship to adoulin the first time I go there, not just a teleport. Although a teleport should be available after you've been there once.
    (18)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I really want to take a ship or an airship to adoulin the first time I go there, not just a teleport. Although a teleport should be available after you've been there once.
    From what I've read elsewhere, there sadly won't be an overseas route to Adoulin like there is for ToAU. I'm betting we see a system like this for getting people to and from the zones in question:

Well, the names are already in the game...
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Yes, I read SE saying that too. I still dislike it.
    (6)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Yes, I read SE saying that too. I still dislike it.
    I could really not care less how we get there. The places themselves and what we do when we get there are all 12897321 times more important. A zone and boat you take 1 time ever is a wasted zone/boat IMO.
    (6)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I could really not care less how we get there. The places themselves and what we do when we get there are all 12897321 times more important. A zone and boat you take 1 time ever is a wasted zone/boat IMO.
    You might as well say the final arena for CoP is a "wasted area" because you'll only ever "need" to go there once. The complaint is one of world-building and such rather than an area's "practical value" or whatever you want to call it.
    (20)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The game would also have had exactly the same gameplay if there was just one face/hairstyle per race, no visible difference when changing gear, and the entire game compressed into just a handful zones where Limbus was a 10 second walk from Nyzul isle.

I wonder why the game isn't like that... It would have saved a lot of development resources. It is what we do that matters, right? Not how we look while doing it or how we got there.
    (12)
    Last edited by Mirage; 12-13-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    You might as well say the final arena for CoP is a "wasted area" because you'll only ever "need" to go there once. The complaint is one of world-building and such rather than an area's "practical value" or whatever you want to call it.
    No, it is about the area's practical value. Your example is poor because the named area is functionally important in spite of its limited number of purposes. People want a boat to the new place on the pure basis of feeling like they are travelling there, when they know they will never want to do it again after the first time.

The game would also have had exactly the same gameplay if there was just one face/hairstyle per race, no visible difference when changing gear, and the entire game compressed into just a handful zones where Limbus was a 10 second walk from Nyzul isle.
    You're taking it WAY out of context. I'm not proposing we make the game a 1 room box with 1 NPC that does everything (some people have proposed essentially this though). I'm merely commenting on people making a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal.

Dev resources are limited, so they should be channeling them into the content of the expansion rather than enhancing the vibe you get from the first time you travel to the new areas.
    (1)

Character
    Totema
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It might work like the Cavernous Maws. Just because it's a basic teleport point doesn't mean that there's no room for flavorful exposition.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Totema View Post
    It might work like the Cavernous Maws. Just because it's a basic teleport point doesn't mean that there's no room for flavorful exposition.
    I couldn't agree more.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast