Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Sounds like a kludgey version of the waypoints in Guild Wars 2. In GW2 you activate the waypoint by traveling to it on foot and from then on you can warp there by clicking the waypoint on your map and paying a fee of normal currency simply by confirming you wish to travel there. It's nice that SE's adding this, but they didn't need to make it powered by trading crystals or make you talk to an NPC at every one. Oh well, it's how they are and how they'll always be.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Went into it without spoilers, and Kinda liked the NPCs; seemed a bit funny. Anastase's hints for the locations of the already-very-obvious-ones were kinda fun in a way, too, and since those really didn't need any hints, I wish the less obvious ones had something like that. Well, I guess in the end that would be effort wasted.

I guess it was time for Vana'diel to become a lot smaller once more again. I imagine soon we can fast-travel from out mog houses to any area we wish to. While it's convenient fer sure, and has some goodness in it, it also takes something away from the game.

I remember when I started, and couldn't use many outposts even (and needed a lot of luck to make use of a lot of them), the world was a vast place indeed, and moving around had some meaning to it. Now, all that vastness is empty, alone with the wind no one will feel, nor hear...

Oh well, have some Trail Cookies! <munch-munch>

Edit:

I did realise later on that there are hints for the other ones, if you start the next quest(s). I've still only completed the first one! Silly me never tried talking to the NPC again after changing area (ohhh how I dislike that requirement in general, by the by).
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 01-25-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I love these but im a little annoyed you have to charge them with crystals only, can we not also have it added that we charge them with gil and maybe conqeust points etc.
    (0)

Hey camate... is it possible to please make it so you can warp FROM the waypoints outside the cities (by changing the spot on the ground to one of those spinning disc things, or just changing the waypoint to have a menu option). I wouldn't at all object to the "cost" to be higher to warp from them, but as it stands, not being able to warp from them limits what could potentially be one of the best warp systems this game has (besides VW.. but that requires lots of clears of lower tiers.. which some are finding difficult to do in the current game situation where 90% of the playerbase has done them and moved on).

Can it also be expanded so that there are waypoints in starting cities/aht urghan (maybe even sky? since a waypoint could technically exist without interfering with the lore of the game)

Sidenote to players:
    Clusters are so ridiculously easy to farm.. no idea why people are complaining... just go up to sky, farm a couple stacks of clusters and BAM.. plenty of points to tie you over

BTW: seems light clusters are worth way more than others
    (5)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 12-14-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Aeonknight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    (Passed on with <3 from BG's discussion of the update

With the update, there's a new "proto-waypoint" teleportation system available. It looks like the following are available- which you pay for with crystals/crystal clusters:

1) Selbina / Mhaura / Rabao / Norg
    2) W.Ronfaure / N Gusta / W Saruta / La Theine / Konschtat / Tahrongi / Jugner / Pashhow / Meri Mts. / Attohwa / Ule
    3) Davoi/Beadeaux/Castle Oztroja/the Quicksand Caves/Sea Serpent Grotto/the Temple of Uggalepih/the Boyahda Tree/Oldton Movalpolos/Riverne - Site #B01/Castle Zvahl Keep

And from the NPC chatter, it's also the beginning of preview stuff for the new expansion.

care to throw up a link to said thread?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Sounds like a kludgey version of the waypoints in Guild Wars 2. In GW2 you activate the waypoint by traveling to it on foot and from then on you can warp there by clicking the waypoint on your map and paying a fee of normal currency simply by confirming you wish to travel there. It's nice that SE's adding this, but they didn't need to make it powered by trading crystals or make you talk to an NPC at every one. Oh well, it's how they are and how they'll always be.
    Are you having a hard time coming by crystals that this is really a problem? Just trade a bajillion crystals to the damn thing once, then forget about it.
    (1)

Player
    125 clusters, and never look back.
    (1)

This is just what crafting needed... another use for crystals and clusters to bump the prices up >.>
    (0)

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It hardly takes any crystals to use tbh, I was solo'ing in sea yesterday and got 4 clusters. With that i can use about 40 warps! Not sure if the cost of a warp changes with difficulty tho, but either way, 40 warps for 4k isn't bad at all and like it's been said gives another use for crystals which before I just threw away because they were worthless to me.
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Where is the weypoint in SSG? That is the only one I cannot seem to find
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast