Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    So then we agree. 29.437894729872394732 limit is from SE's engine, not DX8 .

I actually wouldn't have minded that fps limit too much though, if I could actually crank the image quality up to over 9000 without dropping below 29.whatever fps. Which I can't. Because everything is rendered so inefficiently.
    (3)

Character
    Crystalis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    So then we agree. 29.437894729872394732 limit is from SE's engine, not DX8 .

I actually wouldn't have minded that fps limit too much though, if I could actually crank the image quality up to over 9000 without dropping below 29.whatever fps. Which I can't. Because everything is rendered so inefficiently.

You want your IQ Drastically increased???? and using nvidia video card, please make sure you have at least 1.6gb-2gb of available video ram before proceeding, ok do this:

Download the latest nvidia inspector, Under Antialiasing compability, use this following hex code(From sonic 3d-racing):

0x00411245

If your using sli mode, use this hex coe under SLI combatiblity bits:

0x02404001(Most of the time it splits power from both gpus, however at given times, it will use more on both gpus)

Ok go to Antialiasing - mode: Override any application setting

Antialiasing - setting 32XS (Combined 2Xss + 8XMs)

Antialiasing - Transparency Multisampling - Enabled

Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling - 8X Sparse Grid Supersampling

Set your Anisotropic filtering mode to user-defined/off
    set to X16
    Negative lod bias - Clamp

Set Antialiasing - sli aa to enabled if your used two gpus.
    Sli rendering mode - AFR2

If your using 1920X1200 resolution monitor, you can downsample your monitor, please take special precautions before doing this, Go to this site FIRST before doing anything:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1616639

Making an nvidia profile for this game, still can not force aa for this game, been like this since forever, so dont even try, wont work.

Make sure at least 1.6gb of video ram or higher before proceeding.

The above IQ settings, will make the game alot cleaner then theses ps3 and xbox 360 games can ever do. Ps3 uses geforce 7 based gpu and does not have aa supersampling or sparsegrid, theses takes alot of vram hit.

Some of theses ps3 games looks great, need strong pc, but far as overall IQ, this is where pc wins.

LOL Some say we need FFXIV textures, If I was playing in that manner within the same IQ settings I am using, IT will bury my gtx 690 to its royal good for nothing knees and absolutely beg for mercy.

FFXIV needs strong gpu or gpus to make it run good within high settings, I had one time, 3 upper class 5XXX ati series, and finally got 60 fps, and yes I made sure if all 3 gpus where at 100% usage and it was, disabled two gpus, ran only 1, went down to what 20 fps, so yes all 3 are using to its fullest, ffxiv looks great, but I still prefer this game over 14 anyday.
    (2)
    Last edited by QuickRelease21; 12-14-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    1-99 Solo/NO SIGNET/NO LEECH
    W/Signet=In Conquest Areas only, With or Without any armour equipment/Even Match & Under=Same dmg taken
    No Signet=Totally Different Game All Together/More dmg taken/Def # plays Big
    Skill Up While lv 99 @ Qufim= >< NO ABY EXP=^^ NO PL'S=^^ NO ALT'S=^^ Skill Up While Lv Up=^^ 80-200+ EXP PER 1-2+MINS= Request for Aby @ Restricted LV 90-95+=^^ AND NO B.S.=

Tried that out, and it actually works. Making my GPU perform antialiasing on the game now. I couldn't put it at as high settings as you suggested because I only have a GTX460 1GB, but it is still looking a lot better.

There is one problem though. As character modes fade in and out, there are sometimes (often, in crowded areas) big white squares popping up for a split second. Any idea what could be causing this?
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    @QuickRelease21

Ok that kinda worked, what vsync / tipple buffering options should we be using? I have two GTX580 hydro coppers and a 1920x1080@120hz monitor. The game's attempt to run @29.9fps is causing all sorts of hell with shaking.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i am wondering if my fps would still drop to 8-10~ during crowded fights or certain areas if we had 60 fps limit. admittedly, i dont know much about how this stuff works but it gives me the impression that the decrease in fps i have been experiencing is proportinate to our low fps limit. i have i5-2450m and geforce gt 630m with 2 gb vram on my laptop and i don't think my fps should ever drop that much in a 10 years old game. is the fact that this game was very poorly ported to PC the real problem here (maybe there was not much SE could do, idk) or simply the low fps limit?

some graphics tweaking here and there really helps but it is for aesthetics and we are still suffering from low fps and trying to make the game look better makes it even worse ><
    (0)
    Last edited by Vinedrai; 12-15-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinedrai View Post
    i am wondering if my fps would still drop to 8-10~ during crowded fights or certain areas if we had 60 fps limit. admittedly, i dont know much about how this stuff works but it gives me the impression that the decrease in fps i have been experiencing is proportinate to our low fps limit. i have i5-2450m and geforce gt 630m with 2 gb vram on my laptop and i don't think my fps should ever drop that much in a 10 years old game. is the fact that this game was very poorly ported to PC the real problem here (maybe there was not much SE could do, idk) or simply the low fps limit?

some graphics tweaking here and there really helps but it is for aesthetics and we are still suffering from low fps and trying to make the game look better makes it even worse ><
    It's the DX8 emulation that's killing you, it's horribly inefficient. Mine will bottom out sometimes and neither by CPU nor my GPU's are anywhere near capacity.

The FPS limit has more to do with stuttering and jerking. Being forced to under 30fps makes it hell on any PC. 29.9 fps doesn't divide evenly into 60 so you end up with stuttered frames hence the dragging and chopping.
    (0)
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.

I am actually experiencing some strange performance issues while using this antialiasing workaround, or whatever you'd call it. Even though the sensors are showing that no part of my GPU is anywhere near running at 100%, and neither are any of my CPU cores, I still get fps drops here and there, which I wouldn't be getting before.

I can be at just 15% CPU usage, 40% GPU usage, below 50% VRAM and usage, below 10% memory bandwidth usage, and still get drops down to 22 fps. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Then there is still the issue with a lot of flickering white squares and rectangles as objects fade into view.
    (0)

Character
    Crystalis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 70
    @ Saevel

Quote: "Ok that kinda worked, what vsync / tipple buffering options should we be using? I have two GTX580 hydro coppers and a 1920x1080@120hz monitor. The game's attempt to run @29.9fps is causing all sorts of hell with shaking."

I ALWAYS, ALWAYS have vsync off to provide the best possible frame rate, Especially enabling at incredible aa,etc settings.

If its at shitty ass settings, shitty ass resolution, then turn on vsync to prevent tearing while playing a game.

Far as sli is concerned, I been trying to find a way to get sli to work at both gpu usage to 100%, and I can not, there is a list down of hex codes you can try within the inspector program, but the one I mentioned above, most of the time it tries to slip itself even, like 1st gpu uses 36%, the other is like 64%, and so on, I have seen at times both gpus over 60-70%, making it over 100% usage together, so which is a good sign.

Please also from what I understand, make sure the X multipler of the sparsegrid matches with the msaa, so if its X4 sparsegrid, set it to X4 msaa, but I dont use thoses, I use the hybrid aa's, supersampling + msaa and along with sparsegrid for superior image quality.

Heres another note, Far as supersampling aa quality is concerned, pictures cant do any justice, you serious have to know what to look for while a particular game is in motion and yes, ati supersampling has VASTLY superior quality over the same exact setting nvidia's, How do I know, I owned both ati and nvidia for a very long time. I like nvidia drivers much better but thats just personal preference.

On ati cards, when you enable supersampling aa, the game will automatically take into effect, while on nvidia, it will never, never happen, even if you make a profile for it, its been like this since what? way before geforce 7,8 time.

And to end all of this, Ati supersampling aa @ X4 looks a lil better then nvidia's X16 supersampling AA, what does this mean in return? Less vram and peformance hit on the gpu, Thats one thing I love about ati card, you can get away with a so-so ati card and jack down the supersampling to X4 and will look better then X16 nvidia's ssaa.

but the image quality I am using now, its better then X16 ssaa on ati card, but not by much.
    (0)
    Last edited by QuickRelease21; 12-16-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    W/Signet=In Conquest Areas only, With or Without any armour equipment/Even Match & Under=Same dmg taken
    Skill Up While lv 99 @ Qufim= >< NO ABY EXP=^^ NO PL'S=^^ NO ALT'S=^^ Skill Up While Lv Up=^^ 80-200+ EXP PER 1-2+MINS= Request for Aby @ Restricted LV 90-95+=^^ AND NO B.S.=

Character
    Crystalis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 70
    @ Mirage

Quote: "I am actually experiencing some strange performance issues while using this antialiasing workaround, or whatever you'd call it. Even though the sensors are showing that no part of my GPU is anywhere near running at 100%, and neither are any of my CPU cores, I still get fps drops here and there, which I wouldn't be getting before.

I can be at just 15% CPU usage, 40% GPU usage, below 50% VRAM and usage, below 10% memory bandwidth usage, and still get drops down to 22 fps. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Then there is still the issue with a lot of flickering white squares and rectangles as objects fade into view."

Keep your vsync off at all times when doing insane settings, this provide the best overall possible frame rate.

Cant always maintain 29 fps you know, it wont happen.

Less cpu usage, of course, while on incredible aa,etc settings, its all mostly gpu bound, the gpu is mostly doing all the work, no high real time physics going on like todays games, so no worries about cpu usage at this moment as the game is at so insanely high aa settings.

Also, If your doing the downsampling the 1920X1200 resolution, and using the iq I am using, Turn off your shadows, the game's fps will go down BIG BIG time,and there seems to be a problem here, I think while I was observing all of this, I think I was out of vram, it was hitting over 2gb of vram, I was out of vram, I turned it off, all good, please be extremely careful.

Also turn off shadows, then log off rather then cntr+alt+del, so it will save the info when you come back on, saves time of having to turn off the shadows while the game is moving 1 fps.

And to all of the readers on this forum reading this, I am using the gtx 690 overclocked, gtx 590 will do fine too, just be careful when overclocking that card, the mosfet is extremely weak, and definite fine tuning the card is a must, please research on the gtx 590 overclocking before doing anything, this card is for highly expert tuners only, gtx 590 is not to be played around with.
    (0)
    Last edited by QuickRelease21; 12-16-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Mirage

Turn of Anisotropic filtering, that fix's a ton of the little glitch's. This game just doesn't like it at all. I'm still testing things out as is. I still get the occasional white box / texture glitch without it on but the number has been drastically reduced.

@Quick
    Without V-Sync I get insanely stupid stuttering. I usually use Adaptive-Vsync to solve that issue but SE's 29.9 FPS internal limit is screwing with that. Turning it off doesn't solve the FPS suddenly slipping to low numbers and only gives me a headache lol.

I'm on two overclocked water cooled GTX 580s, graphics power isn't lacking in the slightest.
    (0)
    Last edited by saevel; 12-16-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast