Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

New Graphics Stabilization optioin

Quote Originally Posted by NOC_EU
    A new graphics stabilization option has been added to the Etc. tab of the FINAL FANTASY XI Config program.
    So what dose this do? I am guessing it will make the game graphics better but I would like someone from SE to say what it/will do please.

Thank you.
    (0)

That sounds a lot like removal of the "camera shake" when the camera is close to terrain obstructions.

I'm gonna test it out right now.

-edit-
    Well, if it is meant to do that, it doesn't seem to be working as intended. Maybe it's something else.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 12-13-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    That sounds a lot like removal of the "camera shake" when the camera is close to terrain obstructions.

I'm gonna test it out right now.

-edit-
    Well, if it is meant to do that, it doesn't seem to be working as intended. Maybe it's something else.
    lol Knowing SE, they most likely missed up and it just deletes your system files when you enable it....
    (2)

It might be stabilizing things a bit, but I am still able to make the camera shake without putting too much effort into it.
    (0)

Character
    Caliana
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    According to the help text from the FFXI config.

"Enabling this option increases the likelihood that certain issues that arise with specific graphics cards will be avoided."

So possibly a fix for the issues for Nvidia cards?? Could be neat. I checked it, but haven't really noticed much as of yet, but I never really had issues with driver crashes and so on, just the usual weird lag around conflux ect. If anyone had those issues try turning on weather/shadows and see if the crashes persist.
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatmonkey View Post
    So what dose this do?
    Probably limits framerates since they said they were looking into something like that to make Fishing not be impossible for people with really good computers.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Probably limits framerates since they said they were looking into something like that to make Fishing not be impossible for people with really good computers.
    Framerates are already limited to 29.9 FPS due to SE's sh!tty DX8 engine. I'll put some effort into seeing what the "new shiny" does system wise, my guess is it has to due with how certain graphics functions are called. Please remember that FFXI is a DX8 game and most modern cards are now DX11. DX8 itself is no longer directly supported on any version of Windows XP or higher, instead DX9 emulates DX8 behavior. This can create all sorts of wonky behavior at the graphics driver level.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Seriously doubt DX8 has anything to do with the 30fps limit.
    (1)

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliana View Post
    According to the help text from the FFXI config.

"Enabling this option increases the likelihood that certain issues that arise with specific graphics cards will be avoided."

So possibly a fix for the issues for Nvidia cards?? Could be neat. I checked it, but haven't really noticed much as of yet, but I never really had issues with driver crashes and so on, just the usual weird lag around conflux ect. If anyone had those issues try turning on weather/shadows and see if the crashes persist.
    It does seem to fix the nVidia problems, yes. I tested Mijin Gakure and Merit Point Up last night. Before, my system would crash on either. Now, I get no crash.

Thanks S-E. Now I can put my old PC back in the closet and play FFXI on my newest machine.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Seriously doubt DX8 has anything to do with the 30fps limit.
    No the 29.9fps limit (its not 30) has to do with their sh!tty engine. They somehow got it in their head that the PC and PS2 should share experiences and programmed the PC engine to operate at NTSC speeds. Many of the artifacts and problems with the PC engine of FFXI is that it's not only DX8 but poorly coded DX8.

Also are you setting background resolution to the same as overlay and thus letting NVidia do all the AA, or are we still using the old 2x supersampling method?
    (1)
    Last edited by saevel; 12-14-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast