Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks, I'll try that.

I also wouldn't want to run without vsync. As far as I understand it, I can't turn off vsync for just the game if I run it in windowed mode, it would also be turned off for the rest of my desktop. I notice screen tearing very easily so I would want to avoid that.

-edit-

Turning off anisotropic filtering didn't lessen the whte square flickering for me :<. It seems to be happening as often as it did before.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mirage; 12-18-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Good evening!

The graphics stabilization option we recently added was implemented as a countermeasure for the force termination issues that would occur when using a GeForce GTX600 series graphics cards. If this problem is happening, you can prevent the force termination error by checking the box.
    (10)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    man if it was just the one card you'd think they could have put that instead of ceertain graphics cards in the discription
    (1)

Yeah, it would be nice if the release notes included a list over video cards known to be affected. However, the most important thing is that they have solved the problem, the rest is just details.

Hopefully, anyway. I wouldn't know because I didn't have it in the first place.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    actually it fits in with the whole "not telling anyone how anything works inthe game" vibe they usually operate with
    (6)

Player
    Specifying the cards affects may prove tedious if they anticipate the issue will persist as more cards develop. For instance, some Nvidias use Optimus, which disables the good GPU and uses integrated graphics instead. That's a continuing series, so the list would be indefinite.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    man if it was just the one card you'd think they could have put that instead of ceertain graphics cards in the discription
    It's not one card. It's the whole series. 610, 650, 660, Ti etc. etc.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    No the 29.9fps limit (its not 30) has to do with their sh!tty engine. They somehow got it in their head that the PC and PS2 should share experiences and programmed the PC engine to operate at NTSC speeds. Many of the artifacts and problems with the PC engine of FFXI is that it's not only DX8 but poorly coded DX8.

Also are you setting background resolution to the same as overlay and thus letting NVidia do all the AA, or are we still using the old 2x supersampling method?
    you also forget, you can actually still play this game on a telephone modem (I think anything 28.8 and over). It runs like crap, but it DOES run. And I'm pretty sure any FPS rate over that level would kill telephone support.

Nonetheless, SUPER pumpped about this, I haven't been able to play more than 120 (usually about 60) minutes without a boot in over a year. I hope my nVidia 9400GT is one of the "fixed" cards. I actually took up WoW-not because it's any good, just because they actually let me play.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    you also forget, you can actually still play this game on a telephone modem (I think anything 28.8 and over). It runs like crap, but it DOES run. And I'm pretty sure any FPS rate over that level would kill telephone support.

Nonetheless, SUPER pumpped about this, I haven't been able to play more than 120 (usually about 60) minutes without a boot in over a year. I hope my nVidia 9400GT is one of the "fixed" cards. I actually took up WoW-not because it's any good, just because they actually let me play.
    You have no idea what your talking about ... zero .. zilch.

FPS has nothing to do with connection speed, you could technically do 120 FPS on a 9600 line, or 1 FPS on a 100Mbps connection. SE's server is not sending you "Frames", their sending you positional and event data. Your computer renders whatever is in memory at 29.9 FPS max, the frequency of that memory's update has nothing to do with it.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Glamdring: Ever noticed how your framerate doesn't drop when you R0? At that point, you have a 0b/s connection between you and the servers, yet framerate remains unaffected. That should tell you that the two are completely unrelated.
    (3)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast