Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Crystalis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 70
    I am just shocked till this day, they have never implemented a: AA option or af option for that matter, and probably will never ever see it.

Also I tried the superVCCA64 8x8 aa on nvidia inspector + 8Xsparsegrid aa, looks excellent but the gpu usage fluctuates so much it is unbearable @ 2475X1536 resolution(1920X1200/Downsampled) so I revert back to 1920X1200 resolution, sometimes it moves ok but it still fluctuates like crazy and the fps cant keep up, I think it has to do with the hexcode for the aa.

Some aa hexcode will work better performance then others, I have tried many, sonic 3d-racing one works best for this game.

Supervcaa64 8x8 by itself works well but the iq is alright, sorrie, I am all about iq not about performance, I want every speck of pixel to be perfectly clean.

but 1 fps, forget it.

Just have to mess around more with the hex codes, I am trying to figure out which hex codes works best with supervcaa64 8x8 + 8Xssaa, I'll report later, Looks great though, ffxi has never looked so much cleaner, man without this aa and af, the game looks so terrible, actually not just ffxi, mainly all 3d games looks terrible without proper aa and af is turned on, yuck yuck, no aa, no play.

Also in regards about AA Qualities and how they work, observe this site very closely:

http://www.dahlsys.com/misc/antialias/index.html
    (0)
    1-99 Solo/NO SIGNET/NO LEECH
    W/Signet=In Conquest Areas only, With or Without any armour equipment/Even Match & Under=Same dmg taken
    No Signet=Totally Different Game All Together/More dmg taken/Def # plays Big
    Skill Up While lv 99 @ Qufim= >< NO ABY EXP=^^ NO PL'S=^^ NO ALT'S=^^ Skill Up While Lv Up=^^ 80-200+ EXP PER 1-2+MINS= Request for Aby @ Restricted LV 90-95+=^^ AND NO B.S.=

Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    It's not one card. It's the whole series. 610, 650, 660, Ti etc. etc.
    The 500-series, at least on my system, were also affected. The 570 would hard lock, and the 560Ti would give a TDR error and crash to desktop.

This is a very welcome fix. However, I posted the first 600-series TDR topic back in April, and S-E never acknowledged the problem at all. We had to wait for 5 months without word before suddenly getting a fix. It would be nice if we'd get some communication; "we're working on it" or something like that.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    The 500-series, at least on my system, were also affected. The 570 would hard lock, and the 560Ti would give a TDR error and crash to desktop.

This is a very welcome fix. However, I posted the first 600-series TDR topic back in April, and S-E never acknowledged the problem at all. We had to wait for 5 months without word before suddenly getting a fix. It would be nice if we'd get some communication; "we're working on it" or something like that.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that these fixes are actually just hand me downs from the FFXIV staff. Which would explain why they don't know about them very far in advance.

"Dear FFXI staff,
    hey guys, here are some issues we fixed in FFXIV, but they apply to FFXI too so feel free to update your code as well. Have fun " ~signed: FFXIV Driver suppor team~
    (1)

Character
    Vosslerr
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I checked this option just to see what would happen and if it would improve random lag issues I had. In the process of having to reinstall FFXI because of some error that occurred afterwards. Beware.
    (0)

Character
    Crystalis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 70
    If you go to regedit:

Hkey_Local_machine>Software>Wow6432node>PlayonlineUS>SqaureEnix>FinalFantasyXI

Then from here, from 0001 to 0004, all thoses must be the exact same in order for the Nvidia inspector
    AA to kick in, otherwise nope. so if your using 1920X1200 res monitor and dont want to downsample:

Modify the decimal:

0001: 1920
    0002: 1200
    0003: 1920
    0004: 1200

If you dont do this, the aa WILL NOT kick in, make sure its properly set before logging in.
    (0)
    W/Signet=In Conquest Areas only, With or Without any armour equipment/Even Match & Under=Same dmg taken
    Skill Up While lv 99 @ Qufim= >< NO ABY EXP=^^ NO PL'S=^^ NO ALT'S=^^ Skill Up While Lv Up=^^ 80-200+ EXP PER 1-2+MINS= Request for Aby @ Restricted LV 90-95+=^^ AND NO B.S.=

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    even if it was not just one specific card, any hint of the features purpose could have been beneficial.
    (1)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Before they implemented this, I had to play the game with the lowest resolution, lowest animation framerate settings, no shadows, no weather effects, etc etc. So much nicer to hop on my dad's souped up pc and turn on all the "bells and whistles" I must say. ^^;

Now with this option setting in the config I can set the resolution higher, have weather, increase the animation framerate to max, turn on foot prints, and not have my framerate drop to 5. I still can't have shadow effects though.

I have an ATI graphics card that is not on FFXI's compatibility list.

It would seem this feature addresses graphic cards like mine, making the game more functional but not optimal like a compatible card does.
    (0)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Character
    Crystalis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 70
    superVCAA64X4_12 along with 8Xsparsegrid works great but the superVCAA64X8_8 along with X8sparsegrid aa
    98% of the time, there seems to be major issues with the gpu keeping it stable, I think it has nothing to do with the vram,
    I think its perhaps more driver related while using this aa feature.

Antialiasing - setting 32XS (Combined 2Xss + 8XMs) + 8XSGSSAA = better overall IQ over superVCAA64X6_12 + X8SGSSAA.

So all in all, if your going to downsample your 1920X1200 resolution, and using an nvidia card and want best possible IQ
    and gpu running stable, use this instead:

Antialiasing - setting 32XS (Combined 2Xss + 8XMs) + 8XSGSSAA

^ this one works the best for me, especially while in downsample mode.

Also make sure, while in downsample mode, shut off your shadows, I think theres another driver problem or gpu related
    issue while shadows are turned on while on downsample mode, the game doesnt even want to move in peace,
    I could be out of vram, I have a gtx690(4gb total vram/2gb vram per gpu still = 2gb vram).

I know doesnt make sence but thats how it is on video cards. my card total is 4gb vram but still 2gb cause each gpu has its own vram.

some say in dual gpu applications, less gpu vram is taken, absolutely not, I checked with msi afterburner and to observe
    how much gpu video ram usage in certain game applications, if its says 1.2gb vram usage on two gpu's, and you disable one gpu and then re-try application, it will say same thing, 1.2gb vram. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Crystalis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 70
    oh and also, you might want to consider switching to displayport or dvi-d if it has one on the monitor as its going way beyond the dvi-i capabilities.

Its working here, any iq difference? ergh not really other then more vram hit and performance, maybe the reason I dont see that much of a difference because the going beyond the DVI-I bandwidth limitations...

Although some seen difference inbetween, I have also tried this downsampling method on lineage2, some stuff on objects,etc there is some difference, in some cases it can appear to be worse(even while in motion).

I am shifting back to 1920X1200 on L2 cause all the icons, words,etc are all smaller and kinda more blurrier while in downsample mode, this mode is excellent for testing purposes only, all in all, I would stick with the native resolution what the monitor was made for originally, its good to try out, I need to check more games on this method, there seems to be a slight gain in iq but the difference in vram is staggering, in lineage2, with the aa settings(SuperVCCA64X8_8 + 8XSGSSAA) within nvidia inspector, in one location in l2, low 1gb vram usage(1920X1200), used the custom resolution(2475X1536), over 1.6bvram, so be absolutely aware of the vram hit before proceeding.

Try it out, it may work out for some people, depending on game though, even with well trained eyes and know what to look for, ergh, I cant tell alot of difference, just a slight, some have seen major improvement and some have not, try it out.
    (0)
    Last edited by QuickRelease21; 12-26-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Good evening!

The graphics stabilization option we recently added was implemented as a countermeasure for the force termination issues that would occur when using a GeForce GTX600 series graphics cards. If this problem is happening, you can prevent the force termination error by checking the box.
    It does not work very well. It still crashes but as much as before. I mean it is a big improvement but the issue is not fixed.

Aslo my older desktop had ffxi setup by setting the background resolution before the update of the options thing. I made the background resolution bigger though reg edit. It is something like 2.5 times higher then the highest config setting and there is no drop under 29.9 fps. On my new laptop with the 680 M it lags a lot on the highest setting. (So my desktop is set 2.5 times higher for background vs what is on my laptop) My 680 m fps drops easy in any type of crowd setting like lower juneo or legion. I went back and took the graphics stabilization off and turned off shadow and weather because the game is more playable like that.

question to community:
    is it best to make a new thread? I fear this post will go unnoticed by SE reps.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4