Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I recently returned to the game after all these changes were made to find it very different to when I had left so if something I say isn't right let me know. I missed a lot of the SE announcements that came with the updates & although I know wiki is often wrong or misleading it's the best source of info I have to go on atm.

TH does not reset upon a THF's death. Get your facts straight.
    This is taken from the wiki page on TH.

Any action that will cause the player(s) with the trait to be removed from the enemy's hate list (such as zoning or dying) will reset the Treasure Hunter effect and any enhancements (see below). The player(s) in question must perform another enmity generating action on the target to reactivate the Treasure Hunter effect.
    & under the "enhancing the effect" section:

Any additional effectiveness accumulated is reset if the player(s) with the trait is removed from the target's hate list (from zoning or K.O.).
    If you know where SE stated this to be false could you link it for me please? I know SE has said in the past a THF dying doesn’t remove TH but keep in mind they just overhauled the system so this may have changed.

Guess I'm not a normal THF because I play to what the situation requires
    What if the situation requires you not to tank but to augment the rest of the parties hate which unless I'm mistaken is what a lot of THF abilities were originally designed for? When DDs are throwing out huge WS every 10-20 sec or if a healer is constantly spamming huge cures stealing 1/4 enmity every minuet isn't as effective as it used to be. Sounds to me like your only playing to the one situation where you can show off how epeen your new THF DMG is. That's always tempting when a job gets big shiny new numbers but not always appropriate.

I'd say SE would more likely nerf THF tanking than aid it in any way since they don't like people using their jobs in ways that don't fit into SE neat little box.
    Besides I was talking more about how I expect the game will be once they start balancing it out at 99. Maybe SE has changed their tune with their development team but historically they've nerfed jobs that were used outside the parameters they were designed to operate in, think BRD & RDM tanking for instance. So I think that unfortunately come 99 we'll see much less THF tanking and a return to more traditional PLD tanking especially since I'm sure a lot of PLD are QQ right now -I know if I was a PLD I would be lol.

With the changes to AGL, added tier of subtle blow from /nin, and overall DD increases from atma, why would a THF not be utilized on most everything in FFXI?
    I don't want to be stuck /NIN my whole FF life lol ; ; It limits what a THF can do.
    With how fast THF attacks now -practically hundred fists speed with a good set-up- we should get our own native subtle blow, I know I feed mobs TP like a mofo. ><
    (0)

Windurst - Carbuncle (formerly Gilgamesh)
    Character
    Lordderg
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I definitely agree that Steal should be more useful in this game. In other FF games, you can actually steal some useful items like (healing items, weapons, armor, accessories) from certain enemies and bosses. It would be great if Thieves could steal better items in FFXI. Additionally, I feel that having more specific "Steal" messages would be great as well. For example, if that enemy doesn't have anything to steal, then a message like "The [insert name of enemy] has nothing to steal." would appear on-screen. That way, players can know right away if their attempts to steal from that enemy are worth it.
    (0)
    FFXI Characters:
    Lordderg (formerly Derg from the Gilgamesh server) ~ Hume: Windurst
    Pikamoogle ~ Tarutaru: Bastok

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Steal right now can do two things, either steal from a specific "steal" pool with low rate of success or dispel a buff from the mob and potentially apply it to yourself (with a high rate of success if merited). I suggest adding another layer. Steal should be able to steal from the mob's normal drop items and drop the item into the treasure pool at some appropriate rate of success (not too high as to be unbalanced, not too low as to be useless).

Alternatively, give this additional ability to Mug instead.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    Steal right now can do two things, either steal from a specific "steal" pool with low rate of success or dispel a buff from the mob and potentially apply it to yourself (with a high rate of success if merited). I suggest adding another layer. Steal should be able to steal from the mob's normal drop items and drop the item into the treasure pool at some appropriate rate of success (not too high as to be unbalanced, not too low as to be useless).

Alternatively, give this additional ability to Mug instead.
    Would be awesome but would also create problems for mobs that have rare/ex that somebody else might need (and you are there to get TH for, wouldn't that be hilarious!). It would be nice if despoil was a separate ability and if the current steal system was expanded upon though.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5