Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazze View Post
    They should make a magian trial for a TH +1 dagger or make Thief's Knife upgradable through magian trials.
    Possible that we will see this, since SE have said that they will be making more gear upgradable.^^ Fingers crossed everyone.

I'd settle for another 10~ damage on it, but an extra +1 on TH would be <3
    (0)

Player
    imo the treasure hunter update didnt really do anything. Yeah we know see a number go up and up with the same results before this change. Get TH9 + on a mob and still see same crap drops or lack of. I don't think even SE has a clear explanation on how TH really works. How bout giving us a plain out description on how TH actually works SE
    (0)

Character
    Bjoern
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Alot of good feedback here I see and that's refreshing!! I'm also lovin' the new th upgrade!! Steal and despoil however are a sore spot with me as well. Rates are not great and the benfit is minimal at best. Let's not even metion all the shared timers..... A though I had recently is to revamp steal/despoil and make the item stolen and succes rate link to your current tier of th. Th3~5 net one item, 7~9 a totaly different one. I believe it would add a greater strategy to playing the job and give us a reason to steal/despoil other than mainly to debuff or dispel (both of which are decent additions)..//
    (0)

Player

Treasure Hunter

Recently got my TH gloves and i must admit they kinda anoyme. I have amuch beter chance of activating my TH5 with SA on a mob using my +1 Raiders gloves. Yet i dont like not starting at TH6 with the gloves. And often i will go through an entire mob without activating TH+ at all. Notsaying some mesure of TH isnt alredy activated but its still anoying. Also it would be nice if hide was more useful as its easier to SA hide while you have hate. But that being said any sound agro mob in the vacinity screws that up ><;
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

TH?

my biggest beef with TH is that they added the new treasure hunter counters / traits / gear, and then added the !!'s that make it mostly useless. 99% of stuff in abbysea can be done with 3-4 people. most time people don't want thief because they are more concerned with getting the !! than with applying some magical trait that probably doesn't do anything.

What would be sweet is if they ramped up thief's damage even more based on treasure hunter trait and made certain drops only possible through the use of it so that thief is a necessity.

Shortening the ability timer on steal would be huge too. i mean honestly..... aren't thieves supposed to reap huge rewards? would it really hurt the game balance if we had some gil etc.?
    (0)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    TH still has a notable effect on stuff dropping. I've noticed a large decrease in average number of seal drops/+2 item drops/blue item drops over time from not having THF present - I consider it almost a necessity on any serious farming run.
    (0)

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I have mixed feelings about the new TH system -which I think is what this thread was originally about lol- while I think it's a bit more straight forward & engaging now & it allows THFs to be more of a front line job again at events instead of just poking the mob then sitting down by the mages & drinking tea while the rest of the alliance fights on I think without giving THF subtle blow we're still capped at TH7 for most of the mobs that actually matter. Most groups wont want a THF up there swinging constantly feeding NMs TP, draining mages MP & getting killed by AoEs which would reset any bonus anyway.

I agree with most of what's been said here regarding adjustments to a lot of THF abilities. Unlinking accomplice & conspirator would be great especially for THF tanking though I'd say SE would more likely nerf THF tanking than aid it in any way since they don't like people using their jobs in ways that don't fit into SE neat little box. Since most DDs can now regularly pop 3k+ WS these abilities are kind of inadequate now though. If SE wanted THF to be more useful in augmenting party enmity like it is designed to do decreasing/ unlinking the timers & possibly changing TA to not only transfer the enmity of the next attack but also part of the THFs cumulative enmity may be effective.

I actually merited aura steal on my THF as assassins charge seemed to me very underwhelming and inconsistent & I mostly used THF for soloing so being able to steal spikes or regen off a mob for example was often a lifesaver, yet still I didn't often use steal & now I use it even less. The last time I used mug was years ago in fact if I could remove the ability I would just to streamline my list a little bit. A lower recast on steal or enhanced success rate as well as adding some items worth stealing, even temporary items as well as a lower recast on mug plus some damage would be great.

I think changing despoil so you are actually enfeebling the mob by stealing the effects from it would suit it's name & THFs character better also extending the effect of aura steal to despoil in so far as having merits would increase the chances of gaining a boost or enhancing the boost from the mob would also be good, this could also serve as a way to improve THF defensive capabilities. Alternatively or additional unlinking steal & despoil timers would give you twice the chance of an item while keeping despoil as a purely enfeebling effect & steal -if you have aura steal merits- a purely enhancing one and I'll say it again please give us some items worth stealing!
    (0)

Character
    Pesh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Most groups wont want a THF up there swinging constantly feeding NMs TP, draining mages MP & getting killed by AoEs which would reset any bonus anyway.
    TH does not reset upon a THF's death. Get your facts straight.

Unlinking accomplice & conspirator would be great especially for THF tanking though I'd say SE would more likely nerf THF tanking than aid it in any way since they don't like people using their jobs in ways that don't fit into SE neat little box. Since most DDs can now regularly pop 3k+ WS these abilities are kind of inadequate now though.
    Inadequate? If you can't pop off your own 3k Evis (and this is low), then you're doing it wrong. You should be WAITING for your Collaborator timer to come up because that ability (coupled with the massive damage we can put out) is what allows us to tank.

Guess I'm not a normal THF because I play to what the situation requires; then again most of the ones I see are Aurore wearing idiots.
    (0)
    Paragon of Pigtails Excellence!

Character
    Lordtrey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I have mixed feelings about the new TH system -which I think is what this thread was originally about lol- while I think it's a bit more straight forward & engaging now & it allows THFs to be more of a front line job again at events instead of just poking the mob then sitting down by the mages & drinking tea while the rest of the alliance fights on I think without giving THF subtle blow we're still capped at TH7 for most of the mobs that actually matter. Most groups wont want a THF up there swinging constantly feeding NMs TP, draining mages MP & getting killed by AoEs which would reset any bonus anyway.

I agree with most of what's been said here regarding adjustments to a lot of THF abilities. Unlinking accomplice & conspirator would be great especially for THF tanking though I'd say SE would more likely nerf THF tanking than aid it in any way since they don't like people using their jobs in ways that don't fit into SE neat little box. Since most DDs can now regularly pop 3k+ WS these abilities are kind of inadequate now though. If SE wanted THF to be more useful in augmenting party enmity like it is designed to do decreasing/ unlinking the timers & possibly changing TA to not only transfer the enmity of the next attack but also part of the THFs cumulative enmity may be effective.

I actually merited aura steal on my THF as assassins charge seemed to me very underwhelming and inconsistent & I mostly used THF for soloing so being able to steal spikes or regen off a mob for example was often a lifesaver, yet still I didn't often use steal & now I use it even less. The last time I used mug was years ago in fact if I could remove the ability I would just to streamline my list a little bit. A lower recast on steal or enhanced success rate as well as adding some items worth stealing, even temporary items as well as a lower recast on mug plus some damage would be great.

I think changing despoil so you are actually enfeebling the mob by stealing the effects from it would suit it's name & THFs character better also extending the effect of aura steal to despoil in so far as having merits would increase the chances of gaining a boost or enhancing the boost from the mob would also be good, this could also serve as a way to improve THF defensive capabilities. Alternatively or additional unlinking steal & despoil timers would give you twice the chance of an item while keeping despoil as a purely enfeebling effect & steal -if you have aura steal merits- a purely enhancing one and I'll say it again please give us some items worth stealing!
    With the changes to AGL, added tier of subtle blow from /nin, and overall DD increases from atma, why would a THF not be utilized on most everything in FFXI? At worst you ride SA and TA on a mob if AOEs are so bad that 2 people in range is a waste. SA and TA proc way more TH+ than melee anyway. That is like what 75% of the TH increases that a thf can pull off anyway?

Or death does not change the effect of TH on the mob either... Not only is this testable by applying a high level th, dying, then not using TH gear and seeing what the next TH proc is, SE has explicitly said TH doesnt wear on THF deaths.

Unlinking steal and despoil timers would be a god send.
    (0)

Character
    Lordtrey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    my biggest beef with TH is that they added the new treasure hunter counters / traits / gear, and then added the !!'s that make it mostly useless. 99% of stuff in abbysea can be done with 3-4 people. most time people don't want thief because they are more concerned with getting the !! than with applying some magical trait that probably doesn't do anything.

What would be sweet is if they ramped up thief's damage even more based on treasure hunter trait and made certain drops only possible through the use of it so that thief is a necessity.

Shortening the ability timer on steal would be huge too. i mean honestly..... aren't thieves supposed to reap huge rewards? would it really hurt the game balance if we had some gil etc.?
    I have soloed tons of NMs as well as been in groups sans THF using only BLM procs. Neither produces better drops than the other. Its not like !! means 5 seals will drop nor does a TH10 proc. But both together produce the best results.

Plus some items like magain upgrade items are not effected by any color stagger proc. Not having a thf kills overall drop efficiency. Plus we are one of the best DDs if geared/played properly.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast