Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    It would be awesome if there were decent items to steal.
    (0)

Character
    Aena
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by GERM View Post
    On the Treasure Hunter topic Im not sure what to think I must be the unluckiest THF there is but having a TH9 on an NM and only dropping 1 seal without a proc and nothing else or getting up to a TH8 outside abyssea on a HNM and not getting a drop is still crap. I feel they nerfed TH just to say they could give you higher TH but a TH 4 turns out to be a TH2 now.. just a thought .. like I said Im probably just an unlucky THF
    I think it's because there is no proc, for seals.
    To me, it seems like Abyssea drop up 0-2 seals without yellow, Treasure Hunter helps try to get both seals.
    Proccing yellow !! seems to unlock the chance for 3 more seals (up to 5), with TH increasing the chance of each extra seal dropping. Seals are not guaranteed, but drops seem to increase greatly, especially after hitting TH10+ (frequently get full drops with yellow !!, even without blue !!).
    Proccing yellow with no TH can wield anywhere from 0-5 seals, depending on luck. We've had better luck having a THF and no yellow (almost always at least 1 seal) than yellow and no THF (had no seals drop several times), but that might just be bad luck on our part.
    It feels like the Heroes of Abyssea zones are a little less generous with seals even with yellow and TH in my experience, though. It usually feels more like getting 2-3 seals regularly vs. 4-5 in Scars areas.

HNM... I dunno, low drop rate means still low drop rate? @,@
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    More TH was the last thing I wanted for THF. I want more DD and defensive abilities. To me the best thing we've gotten since 75 was the DW3 trait from /nin. Closely followed by the crit dmg+ job trait.
    (0)

Character
    Nathos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I agree that Steal could be used to steal more unique things. It would give that Final Fantasy feeling where you could steal weapons and rare items from bosses and certain enemies in the console games.

TH = Lucky charm job. It's cool to get things faster or have a chance at least to help you with that precious drop. But THF can be a good DD and could use more of Crowd Control abilities. Id like more Dual Wield as well and other means to control the hate or change the battle strategy of the party.
    (0)

Character
    Longshot
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah, I'd like some more offensive abilities as well.
    (0)

As a career thief I too would very much like to see an improvement to how steal is used in game. Its a real shame that the one ability that truly makes us thieves is so extremely poor and limited. Ideally, I'd like to see steal work akin to provoke in having a 30 second timer instead of a 5 minute timer. At least then the horrible success rate wouldn't be as demoralizing.

At the very least steal's timer should be dropped to 1 minute to enable greater use. If there are balancing issues between despoil and steal leave despoil's timer at 5 minutes since it technically does more than just steal.

Of course, I would greatly welcome a reduction in mug's recast timer as well. Mugging 3-30 gil every 15 minutes is hardly fun or useful in any real way. Outside of mugging high gil dropping notorious monsters the ability is all but useless.
    (0)

Character
    Treasurehider
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    After thinking about it, I have two beefs with THF (one of them with TH to keep things somewhat on topic).

1st: [insert "Fffffuuuuuuuuuu" picture here] - Time and time again, I use SA and then some ****head samurai or something turns the mob and my weaponskill which normally does 2000 dmg does 156 dmg. Then when I say fine, I'll TA! I'll line up behind tank (or a whm for the lulz) and hit TA and then the tank moves for no apparent reason and same thing happens.

Thank you SE, I've been diagnosed with Tourette's. ;;

2nd: Thief's Knife - Seriously need to update / augment / replace this weapon so I don't feel so gimp while using it. Oh, sorry, I forgot, Thieves aren't DD! Well then, in that case, please still do the same but make the base dmg: 1 and the delay: 999 on Thief's knife, since we're TH blankidy-blanks anyways.

And that America is what grinds my gears! Back to you Tom.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    More TH was the last thing I wanted for THF. I want more DD and defensive abilities. To me the best thing we've gotten since 75 was the DW3 trait from /nin. Closely followed by the crit dmg+ job trait.
    I know a lot of people will hate me for saying this, but I don't think anything is wrong with THF's current offensive capabilities. Yes, it doesn't compare to heavy hitting DDs, but I think that's how it's supposed to be. If every job should be considered a heavy DD, why have different jobs in the first place? Especially inside Abyssea, THFs can already output a large amount of damage. I think the job's traits and abilities are quite well tailored to its description, only as I said, mugging and stealing could take some tweaking.

Higher offense, in my opinion, seems inappropriate, as does higher defense. And THF's "defensive capabilities" are already higher than most other jobs' anyway, considering their superior evasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Treasurehider View Post
    2nd: Thief's Knife - Seriously need to update / augment / replace this weapon so I don't feel so gimp while using it. Oh, sorry, I forgot, Thieves aren't DD! Well then, in that case, please still do the same but make the base dmg: 1 and the delay: 999 on Thief's knife, since we're TH blankidy-blanks anyways.
    Well, while it is a drag, it doesn't really hurt the damage. After TH is on, you can just exchange it for another weapon. For events like dynamis, or trigger farming on lower mobs, I don't bother with switching it out, since it's not actually that bad of a knife. At least you can still deal "ok" damage with it, so it's maybe not quite as bad. Trading off a bit of damage for drop luck, not that bad of a deal.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasurehider View Post
    There are times I've found to have better luck main handing my Thief's Knife with TH, so I do it on occasion for S&G's. It is for this reason, I've named my knife Jill. She gets jealous when off-handed.
    (0)

Character
    Pesh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    A few suggestions. I'm sure I'll think of more later on.

1. Remove shared timers on Collaborator/Accomplice.

The fact that Accomplice and Collaborator share a timer makes Accomplice a wasted ability. As a primary tank in our Abyssea group, I am constantly using Collaborator every minute that it is up as a hate tool. If one were to sit down and do the math on these two abilities, they'd notice that repeated use of Collaborator over a 5 minute period heavily outweighs the single use of Accomplice. Either remove the shared timers or reduce the cooldown time of Accomplice from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.

2. Heavy Tweaking of Steal/Despoil

As one who did not merit Aura Steal (full merits in AC/Feint), it serves me no purpose to use the Steal ability anymore, especially since AF3 has boosts to Despoil. Since NMs have nothing to take, Despoil seems like a wasted ability as well.

3. Lower the recast timer on Mug to 5 minutes and make it a damage dealing ability.

In previous games, Mug was used as a Steal ability while also combined with an Attack. With Abyssea as the predominant activity now, Mug has no use anymore.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast