Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Rooks
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Incentivizing lower tier Voidwatch

Since cruor is no longer useful by itself as an income stream, Voidwatch groups are now basically limited to Bismarck, Morta, Ig-Alima, Uptala, and Qilin. This punishes newer players, who will struggle to assemble a group to clear lower tiers, and prevents players who have already cleared certain tiers from obtaining items from them. What could we do to give people a reason to go back? What about this:

Allow players who have completed the Voidwatch storyline (with the battle in Provenance) to obtain a new quest, where they are tasked with continuing to thwart the Voidwalker incursions. Each VWNM they kill is worth a certain amount of tokens, but those tokens are capped for each target - so you could only get credit for killing Pil 5 times, for example. Those limits would reset every Conquest tally.

Those tokens, plus cruor, could be used to buy things from an NPC - specifically, things you would get from doing Voidwatch anyway. Riftcinder, Riftdross, Heavy metal Plates, even pulse cells. This would do a couple of things:

- Encourage players to complete the Voidwatch storyline
    - Give a new use for cruor
    - Allow steady, guaranteed, non-luck-based progression on Empyrean weapons
    - Make assembling groups to fight lower tier VWNMs easier, as more people would have reasons to go
    - (Likely!) Doesn't require extensive additional programming/zones/NMs, making it easier on the development schedule

Thoughts?
    (43)

Character
    Gaspee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I really like this idea. It would give VW new life and make upgrading Empyrean weapons (95+) a tad less annoying.
    (0)

A big thanks to Kingfury for my signature!

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Liked. I will support anything that will get people to continue to do VW even when they already have the NM-specific drop(s).
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm not against this idea, but people need to stop thinking that the slowness of non-T3/T6 VW has anything to do with the cruor nerf. If the argument is that people are greedy and only want to do VW for money, it makes no sense to say they would only go for T3/T6s now when they could've done that before the cruor nerf and gotten both drops and cruor.
    (2)

Player
    They did, before it was free dust because of cruor, alot better incentive to goto VW when you never lose a dime on it, than now when a full round of dusts are about 120k, where if you don't get anything worth money then you lose it. Simple math, look at Gaunab for instance. It drops the Athos head and Ogier legs with a 5% drop rate. Its only other drop is Stoertebeker which is 10k, so even getting this drop and selling it, you make a massive 10k back out of that 120k, add up the cost of the NPC items, might make back 30k of it, so still losing 80k. Now, with cruor, 20k cruor/kill = 120k cruor, 120x2.595 = 311.4k gil you walk out with no matter what else drops. See, made money either way, gave people a reason to join this Gaunab shout with or without the need for its drops. Now, no one would think twice about it if they don't need the head or legs, its a total loss of gil and time.

Look at T3 Jeuno, on Phoenix at least, they are falling out too. Plates have about a 33% drop rate, so, 1 in 3 kills, that means an average of 2 a run. Prices here have been falling, plates are at about 70k each right now, falling 10k/week or so, which means on average a T3 Jeuno run will get you a grand 20k! 70k x 2 = 140k, 20k x 6 = 120k, 140 - 120 = 20. So, through math, your gain is minimal unless you get a lolPulsecell. I used to goto Akvan all the time, it was something to do, and I made money alot, so it was worth it, now, its something I ignore on the occasion I see it because I have all its drops, and plates almost make 0 profit now, leaving me with no reason to go anymore. You can not ignore the impact it has had on VW, the bad thing that hurts it even worse though, is that unlike the price of the rewards from VW, the dust has managed to stay the same old price somehow.
    (1)

Character
    Rooks
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I'm not against this idea, but people need to stop thinking that the slowness of non-T3/T6 VW has anything to do with the cruor nerf. If the argument is that people are greedy and only want to do VW for money, it makes no sense to say they would only go for T3/T6s now when they could've done that before the cruor nerf and gotten both drops and cruor.
    Well, sure. Anyone who JUST wanted cruor could get it easier in Abyssea. But it certainly made filling a party easier, if someone could justify it as "well, cruor is money, might as well make a quick buck".

I'm much more interested in reviving the content itself, with minimal development time, and removing as much luck from the process as possible. Cruor having a use again is a bonus (and it wouldn't be terribly useful without the tokens anyway, so we could just remove cruor from that equation if was inconvenient).
    (2)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen a Kalasutrax shout, I still want to get me a pair of Rubeus Spats, same goes for Foreboding Abjuration: Hands from Tsui-Goab, but haven't had any luck with previous kills. I would gladly use Pulse Cells or Crystal Petrifacts to get these items.
    (0)

Character
    Vladislav
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen a Kalasutrax shout .
    Lol it is been a while (1.5~2months ) since i saw any Prov shouts ; ; and i still need this clear , i even no thinking about any drops D:
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen a Kalasutrax shout, I still want to get me a pair of Rubeus Spats
    The joys of being a mage wanting an item from a mob that doesn't drop things all the melees want.

If Rubeus Spats came from the same mob that dropped a Toci's Harness, you'd have one, but instead it comes from the mob that drops Ogier's Helm, so you know, tough luck support class, complain too much or ask for any loot from a fight and they'll bring their dual boxed trashmage to events instead of you.
    (0)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I agree with the OP's suggestion. If the drops/prizes from VW wasn't strictly luck based I would think more people would be interested in doing it. I'm not sure if locking the suggested system to the conquest week would be good though. It sounds limiting, but it also sounds better than what the system is right now.
    (0)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast