Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    The joys of being a mage wanting an item from a mob that doesn't drop things all the melees want.

If Rubeus Spats came from the same mob that dropped a Toci's Harness, you'd have one, but instead it comes from the mob that drops Ogier's Helm, so you know, tough luck support class, complain too much or ask for any loot from a fight and they'll bring their dual boxed trashmage to events instead of you.
    What? A melee that thinks Ogier's Helm isn't useful probably doesn't know to play a melee very well. Actually I'd argue that Rubeus Spats are less useful to a mage than Ogier's Helm is to a melee because Rubeus Spats is either a melee piece or a recast reduction piece, and in terms of that its marched by a couple other pieces (Adhara, Mystagog), while the alternative to the Ogier's is the Odin Helms which have a terrible downside to them.

Kalasutrax is unpopular because he doesn't drop plates, just like Gaunab and Ocythoe. Ocythoe gives a nice melee piece (Athos' Pants) but I haven't seen a shout for him in months.

It probably doesn't help that I refuse to join most shout groups for the guy since most don't seem to have a clue how to beat Kalasutrax without resorting to phasers.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kincard; 12-26-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Player
    The joys of being a mage wanting an item from a mob that doesn't drop things all the melees want.

If Rubeus Spats came from the same mob that dropped a Toci's Harness, you'd have one, but instead it comes from the mob that drops Ogier's Helm, so you know, tough luck support class, complain too much or ask for any loot from a fight and they'll bring their dual boxed trashmage to events instead of you.
    Kalasutrax is never shouted for because the blacksmages who currently inhabit vanadiel can't stun for shit. Making him exorbitantly more difficult.

It's ridiculous how many shout kala I've watched on my server get destroyed because they can't do any damage after 12 stances go off.

The only fight more entertaining to watch is rex, that is HILARIOUS. But off topic.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    What? A melee that thinks Ogier's Helm isn't useful probably doesn't know to play a melee very well.
    Definitely could be the case, however I think part of the issue is that anyone who is "good enough" to build a top notch PDT set isn't the type of person to PUG that piece (or they got it when VW was still hot), whereas if it was a DD piece you'd have both pick ups and

Actually I'd argue that Rubeus Spats are less useful to a mage than Ogier's Helm is to a melee because Rubeus Spats is either a melee piece or a recast reduction piece, and in terms of that its marched by a couple other pieces (Adhara, Mystagog)
    It is a melee piece. If I wanted recast reduction as a White Mage I'd be getting a pair of Blessed Trousers off the AH, or one of those other Haste pieces, whereas the Rubeus Spats are currently unmatched.

I was definitely simplifying the reasons people don't do the mob, but part of it comes down to SE being really mean about a piece of gear most people won't want, and then not making a better piece in Legion or what have you as of yet.

Kalasutrax is unpopular because he doesn't drop plates, just like Gaunab and Ocythoe. Ocythoe gives a nice melee piece (Athos' Pants) but I haven't seen a shout for him in months.
    Yet another reason people don't do the mob, although I do occasionally see shouts for Gaunab, and rarely Ocythoe, but I only ever see Kalasutrax done when there are people trying to clear, which is incredibly rare.

It probably doesn't help that I refuse to join most shout groups for the guy since most don't seem to have a clue how to beat Kalasutrax without resorting to phasers.
    As before, most people who are "good enough" to want an Ogier's Helm don't really favor pugs. But all those other reasons given just dig the possibilities of getting drops from the mob deeper and deeper into the ground.
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I think with Gaunab it's that PUGs can actually beat the guy reliably (Although I've recently seen some shouts for him saying to use phasers...really?). I actually don't have an Ogier's Helm myself and I would love to get one, but I also hate wasting my time. It's the same reason I don't join PUG Botulus. If they fixed the difficulty or made the reward per difficulty more sensible then I think you could fix the problem without even adding what the OP suggested.

Not to say what the OP suggested would be a bad thing that is.
    (0)

Character
    Ramaza
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

I feel the same way. Kalaustrux has all but disappeared from PUG group shouts since I came back to the game. I'd really like a pair for my RDM, but there's really nothing that can be done. I can't even finish my Jeuno runs, since finding tier3 shouts on Fenrir is becoming rarer and rarer-so I can't even put together my own Kalastrux runs.
    (1)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    (Although I've recently seen some shouts for him saying to use phasers...really.
    The funny thing is, before we had phasers we could go in with a pug and destroy mobs like bot rex and Kalastrax with little issues. Since they introduced phasers, even with 2+ phasers in place, its a wipe-fest. Even if you tell ppl before hand to macro fools drink and pop it for chainspell, and then even announce in pt when its time to pop fools with enough time for them to do so before chainspell. Bot always kills half the alliance.

I have stopped bothering to put together vw runs. Its not really that there is an issue with drops as much as it is there is an issue with players who dont pay attn to what they should or need to do to win. Even my last few Pils have been total wipes do to lack of skill. They wanna run in and zerg and if that doesnt work they complain its too hard and then everyone just stops doing it.

Its not the fights, or the drops or the drop rates in most cases. Its the skill lvl and the cooperation lvl of the playerbase thats lacking.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2