Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoclou View Post
    I've overbid by a few 100k sent the item back to the person in hope they'd refund since it was an obvious mistake but ended up just taking it and reselling it again.
    That may not have been the most well thought out plan.
    (4)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Giving someone every opportunity to screw you over is never a good plan. It's a brilliant one.
    (2)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Someone once bid 300k on a 30k item I put up. I looked at the AH history and d-boxed the difference to the guy. Didn't even wait to see if he was gonna ask for it. He ends up sending me a stack of RCB's in thanks.

I'm pretty confident I'd do the same thing even if it was 100 mil. But that's just me.
    (4)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I always try to give it back. Tho their have been times ive never seen that character logged on again and couldnt.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kysaiana View Post
    Someone once bid 300k on a 30k item I put up. I looked at the AH history and d-boxed the difference to the guy. Didn't even wait to see if he was gonna ask for it. He ends up sending me a stack of RCB's in thanks.

I'm pretty confident I'd do the same thing even if it was 100 mil. But that's just me.
    That's exactly what I'd do... No sense in screwing over someone because they messed up, not like that.
    (1)

Character
    Neocloud
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    That may not have been the most well thought out plan.
    Eh was a Cerb hide vs a stack of leathers, all or nothing. They were a mule, not much I was able to do otherwise.
    (0)

I've been on the wrong side of this before, accidentally bid 420,000 for 42,000 dragon meat. Tried to talk to the person who sold it to me, was ignored, /sigh, move on.

I just feel bad for the people who must have accidentally paid 18,673,893 gil for a wooden arrow, that must have been heart breaking. Ohwait.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoclou View Post
    Eh was a Cerb hide vs a stack of leathers, all or nothing. They were a mule, not much I was able to do otherwise.
    I dunno, if it were me I would probably keep the item just because I paid outrageous money for it in the 1st place, would feel like shit if I spent all that money just to lose the item on top of it.
    (0)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I reply with <<That's too bad.>>

If I keep getting bugged/harassed, I send them 1 gil, as a condolence.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

I'd send the money back.

Never happened to me, though, but I've been on the other side. A few times I slightly overpaid, but one time, when 100k certainly was more for me than 1 or even 3M is now, I paid I think a bit under 400k for a 1k scroll while bidding for Utsusemi 2. It was rather funny because I think I got an IM at that moment, and for some reason, it likes to activate the mouse cursor which was at the time located over that cheap'o scroll. ^^;

I didn't even send them a message, but I did send them the scroll back!

I don't mind that they didn't send me a message even; it was my mistake, but I personally would still send the money back even if it was 99,999,999 Gil. Though at that point, I might consider reporting them to the STFµ first, since that might be just a tad suspicious...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast