Character
    Ashman
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Great Sword Weaponskill Adjustment

Hi everyone.

Some of you may know me from other various FFXI media. I have shied away from the official forums mostly because I disagree with the manner with which problems are addressed. Namely, I feel that adjustments are made to items that are irrelevant to the vast majority of the playerbase (order of outpost warp menu comes to mind) while things that everyone is concerned about are shunned (COP ring adjustment?) are put on the backburner or denied. It's not something I necessarily fault the dev team for. Frankly, it's hard to skim through all the posts requesting guillotine to be a 92 hit ws with 300% str mod, or wanting lightsaber models on paladin.

Regardless, I felt that I had to make a post in concern to something we have all been wondering about. By that of course I mean: Shockwave. Even before the additional effects were broken on weaponskills, I cannot remember a single time that I slept anything with Shockwave. Something that should have easily been Dark Knight's greatest tool has taken a backseat to content such as the lackluster merit weaponskill for Great Sword.

I propose that Shockwave gets a sleep-potency/duration buff based on TP. The sleep effect should be a potent "grey" based sleep (non-elemental) that has tp-bonus modifier of MND/INT> 50/50 respectively. The several pages I've seen suggest that Shockwave's duration is 60/120/360 seconds based on tp. Those durations would be more than adequate if anything ever actually fell asleep due to the weaponskill's usage.

I genuinely hope my suggestion gets some attention as this is clearly the easiest way to balance the disparity between Dark Knight and the other mage jobs. Thank you for your time.
    (40)

Character
    Narbzilla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    There is no way around this action must be taken immediately to make this a reality.
    (3)
    Last edited by Narb; 12-08-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Character
    Gunit
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    The sleep effect should be a potent "grey" based sleep (non-elemental) that has tp-bonus modifier of MND/INT> 50/50 respectively. The several pages I've seen suggest that Shockwave's duration is 60/120/360 seconds based on tp. Those durations would be more than adequate if anything ever actually fell asleep due to the weaponskill's usage.
    That would be very unbalanced. I think perhaps a light based sleep(Dark already has dark based sleep) with a duration of 30/60/120 would be more in balance.
    (3)

Character
    Ihm
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I expect this on Monday.
    (6)

Character
    Gaspee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    (6)

A big thanks to Kingfury for my signature!

Player
    I propose that Shockwave gets a sleep-potency/duration buff based on TP. The sleep effect should be a potent "grey" based sleep (non-elemental)
    No such thing as non-elemental sleep. There is light based sleep and dark based sleep. No other status ailments get alternate elements.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    No such thing as non-elemental sleep. There is light based sleep and dark based sleep. No other status ailments get alternate elements.
    http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Pinecone_Bomb
    (7)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I thought this was a troll but it actually is a great idea.
    (0)

Player
    He's right. This ideology should also spread to every job's weapon skills and give them more use.

The OP's idea coincides with Kincard's post on the weapon skill refinements thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Personally, I would love it if they could adjust every weapon skill so that every single one will have some sort of niche use, so we arn't always just telling ourselves to spam the same weapon skill in combat over and over. Obviously we'll always have one that's best for damage but making the rest of them all have some use would be very nice (The Warrior's Break WSs come to mind immediately, if they were improved they would see a lot more use).

Just as an example, I'll use Katana WS since that's what I'm most familiar with:

Blade: Rin- Add "Stun" Effect to the WS.
    Blade: Retsu- Increase the duration of the effect.
    Blade: Teki- Increase damage, add "Drown" effect.
    Blade: To- Increase damage, add "Frost" effect.
    Blade: Chi- Increase damage, add "Rasp" effect.
    Blade: Ei- Increase damage, add "Bio" effect.
    Blade: Jin- Fine as-is.
    Blade: Ten- Add TP-cutting effect.
    Blade: Ku- Increase the mods, make it better than Jin in low-crit situations.
    Blade: Yu- Make TP mod damage instead, make current 300TP duration be the duration at all TP.
    Blade: Kamu- Change fTP to 3.0+, increase current 300TP duration be the duration at all TP, make TP mod damage or crit rate.
    Blade: Metsu- Lengthen aftermath and allow subtle cap break, increase fTP to 4.0.
    Blade: Hi- Increase the crit % mod at various TP values. 20/35/55 like Ukko's would be nice.
    Blade: Shun- decrease the attack penalty at and make the attack scale faster.
    (3)

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Simple version: SE doesn't want Shockwave to sleep a mob, then another Shockwave to wake it with damage and reapply sleep, resulting in casual spamming of the WS on constantly slept mobs.

If you can think of a way to abuse it, it will be abused. Shockwave would have to do paltry damage to be permitted a reliable sleep effect.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast