Character
    Ashman
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Great Sword Weaponskill Adjustment

Hi everyone.

Some of you may know me from other various FFXI media. I have shied away from the official forums mostly because I disagree with the manner with which problems are addressed. Namely, I feel that adjustments are made to items that are irrelevant to the vast majority of the playerbase (order of outpost warp menu comes to mind) while things that everyone is concerned about are shunned (COP ring adjustment?) are put on the backburner or denied. It's not something I necessarily fault the dev team for. Frankly, it's hard to skim through all the posts requesting guillotine to be a 92 hit ws with 300% str mod, or wanting lightsaber models on paladin.

Regardless, I felt that I had to make a post in concern to something we have all been wondering about. By that of course I mean: Shockwave. Even before the additional effects were broken on weaponskills, I cannot remember a single time that I slept anything with Shockwave. Something that should have easily been Dark Knight's greatest tool has taken a backseat to content such as the lackluster merit weaponskill for Great Sword.

I propose that Shockwave gets a sleep-potency/duration buff based on TP. The sleep effect should be a potent "grey" based sleep (non-elemental) that has tp-bonus modifier of MND/INT> 50/50 respectively. The several pages I've seen suggest that Shockwave's duration is 60/120/360 seconds based on tp. Those durations would be more than adequate if anything ever actually fell asleep due to the weaponskill's usage.

I genuinely hope my suggestion gets some attention as this is clearly the easiest way to balance the disparity between Dark Knight and the other mage jobs. Thank you for your time.
    (40)

Character
    Narbzilla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    There is no way around this action must be taken immediately to make this a reality.
    (3)
    Last edited by Narb; 12-08-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Character
    Gunit
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    The sleep effect should be a potent "grey" based sleep (non-elemental) that has tp-bonus modifier of MND/INT> 50/50 respectively. The several pages I've seen suggest that Shockwave's duration is 60/120/360 seconds based on tp. Those durations would be more than adequate if anything ever actually fell asleep due to the weaponskill's usage.
    That would be very unbalanced. I think perhaps a light based sleep(Dark already has dark based sleep) with a duration of 30/60/120 would be more in balance.
    (3)

Character
    Ihm
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I expect this on Monday.
    (6)

Character
    Gaspee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    (6)

A big thanks to Kingfury for my signature!

Player
    I propose that Shockwave gets a sleep-potency/duration buff based on TP. The sleep effect should be a potent "grey" based sleep (non-elemental)
    No such thing as non-elemental sleep. There is light based sleep and dark based sleep. No other status ailments get alternate elements.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    No such thing as non-elemental sleep. There is light based sleep and dark based sleep. No other status ailments get alternate elements.
    http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Pinecone_Bomb
    (7)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    No that is dark based, you can't sleep dark immune stuff with that. (Bones are dark immune, ghosts are dark RESISTANT)

It has been a while since I played and tested that but I know that has an element.

I will second the guy you posted, there is no such thing as a non-elemental sleep or non-elemental for any kind of de-buff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 12-23-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I'm not 100% sure on this. From my experience, there appears to be special abilities that inflict ailments based on whether the hit from a physical special ability is "clean" (like Lethal Triclip). Some moves always inflict a status ailment assuming they do not miss/get resisted. And yet more simply always afflict the ailment in question. My LS has termed these as affliction types and named them conductive for the first type, physical/magical for the second, and vector for the third.

We like to name things.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sephiran; 12-11-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I thought this was a troll but it actually is a great idea.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast