Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Alwyas thought Shockwave had a high potency sleep. I remember on wiki it used to say it was like a 5min duration or something at 300%. Also over in BG they tested Pinecone Bomb due to this thread and confirmed its dark based, no such thing as non-elemental status effect.
    (1)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    No such thing as non-elemental sleep. There is light based sleep and dark based sleep. No other status ailments get alternate elements.
    I'm not 100% sure on this. From my experience, there appears to be special abilities that inflict ailments based on whether the hit from a physical special ability is "clean" (like Lethal Triclip). Some moves always inflict a status ailment assuming they do not miss/get resisted. And yet more simply always afflict the ailment in question. My LS has termed these as affliction types and named them conductive for the first type, physical/magical for the second, and vector for the third.

We like to name things.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sephiran; 12-11-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Maybe the sleep is based on Enfeebling skill.
    (0)

Greetings,

As previously mentioned above, if we were to increase Shockwave's sleep effect more than what it is currently, it would become extremely strong when fighting multiple enemies or strong enemies. Therefore, adjusting the potency/accuracy without affecting general battle strategy would be quite difficult.

By increasing magic accuracy the success rate will increase, so we'd like players to find methods like this to use it.
    (6)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

I'd really hate for people to gather up a large group of monsters and AoE WS them to death with a single healer. That would be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by the past
    Square: We made an event-item which is useful

User: Cool, we luv it.

Square: It was too useful, so we make this useless.
    (27)
    Last edited by Byrth; 12-21-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings,

As previously mentioned above, if we were to increase Shockwave's sleep effect more than what it is currently, it would become extremely strong when fighting multiple enemies or strong enemies. Therefore, adjusting the potency/accuracy without affecting general battle strategy would be quite difficult.

By increasing magic accuracy the success rate will increase, so we'd like players to find methods like this to use it.
    Umm, well currently it is terrible.

Making it to just the level where people would consider using it would not make it too strong. Apparently "useful" = "too strong" in SE's book?

Things like this SHOULD be affecting "general battle strategy."

NOBODY uses weapon skills for their debuffs. people only use them for the damage.
    (18)

Terrible WS is terrible, and apparently will remain as such. Kinda just paints the way to a grim future for other Additional effect WS. Like say... Garland of bliss, which is -12.5% DEF... where as Tachi: Ageha is ~25%(??) and hell, Shell Crusher, a Staff WS you obtain at about 150... is -25%.

I mean, would using a weaponskill in some scenarios strategically for uses outside of damage really cause a catastrophic meltdown of the core game mechanics causing balance issues of such grave disturbance it would throw battle strategy out the window and all combat and balance in the world as we know it would cease to exist?

On a much more reasonable note, I do believe this logic should be rethought, as analhelm said, these kind of things should be a part of battle strategy, not purposefully nerfed to avoid its use.
    (14)

Player
    So, battle-related things such as weapon-skills do (and apparently should) exist that are so useless they have no bearing on battle strategy.

Well. Okay.

My brain hurts in shades of chartreuse like fresh oatmeal cookies.
    (14)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 12-21-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    so spaming aoe WS with 1 mage killing almost all of the mob camp is not broken but using a GS sleep aoe ws would be?
    (6)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Pretty sure Okipuit just trolled all of you.
    (5)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast