Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    DO you actually have any idea what you are talking about? Hume is the middle ground, they have no "worst" stats but they have no "best" either unless you count CHR.

mithra is pretty much almost the same as hume except a little more dex which isn't really something significant as any race can match or top it with gear. you really should actually look at a humes stats on jobs before you make such a judgement.

Now then.

It seems Tarus suffer the most in DD department because they are low in the 2 primary stats that helps them in the front line. which is HP and STR. but it seems they were just made to mainly be mages. this is the primary reason i picked a hume so i don't have to go through this lol. i knew i would eventually pick diffrent jobs and hume is great and using different jobs without suffering from stat penatlies other races do.
    May be wrong but think taru gets hit on VIT stat too. I think that race takes biggest hit with having 4 stats lower than others hp str vit and mnd
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Masekase View Post
    May be wrong but think taru gets hit on VIT stat too. I think that race takes biggest hit with having 4 stats lower than others hp str vit and mnd
    Only STR, VIT and MND aren't really that relevant. Sure, it may reflect as a 0.5% deficiency on a battle phase, but a lack of HP is really the only thing that's noticeable without a parser, and the only thing that can make or break a player.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Marth
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    All MMORPGs have different races, each with their strong point and weak point. FFXI is no different.
    Tarutaru = Mage, high MP pool, high INT and high MND.
    Galka = Tank, high HP pool, high VIT and defense.
    Elvaan = Damage, high STR and attack.
    Mithra = Something... High DEX and AGI.
    Hume = Jack of all trades.

This has been around since the game came out, and I'm sure everybody knew this and chose the race accordingly based on what they like most. To come up 10 years later and all of a sudden say this needs to change, everything needs to be equal is throwing in your "Game it too easy, make it easier so I literally don't have to do anything and throw my money at SE." If you don't like your races weak point, you have 3 choices.
    A. Make a new character that has the stats you want. Exp isn't hard to get.
    B. Pull up your big girl panties and get over it.
    C. Quit.

Honestly, the 5 races SHOULD have strong and weak points, that's the way of any MMORPG. If we want to nit-pick things SE needs to address why not direct your attention to Red Mage, Puppetmaster (I know this isn't the PUP thread, but enough with the mage gear and give PUP DD gear) Legion, Neo Nyzul, Odin V2 etc. Why pick the one thing that's been around for 10 years that makes the most sense, and the people have already dealt with? /rant /thread.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!

There seems to be a large discussion going on over on the Japanese forums in regards to this topic as well!

Here is a comment from Producer Akihiko Matsui:
    Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here. I’ve been reading through all of your opinions.

The comments from everyone seem to be quite split, as the feelings on this differ from person to person.

If there is a big enough request for this, I’m thinking we can seriously look into it. However, I consider this an extremely difficult theme due to the fact that regardless of how we change it, the ripple effects would be considerable.

Even if we were to close the gap a bit, which I believe would be an easier method comparatively; there would be a need to totally revamp the balance for growth per level, and the balance between monsters and content for all levels. (For all of you actually playing, I am sure you would feel ever more variations.)

While I cannot give an answer immediately, I will think on this a bit as a continue to read over all of your comments.
    There should be no need to 're-balance' things (except possibly racial-specific gear) if all you do is change the scaling grades used. Only a couple of changes need to shave off the extreme ends of the imbalance, and should have no impact on anything that was already balanced against the standard Hume baseline.

Recommended changes, given the current grade spread of A through G:

Galka: Increase MP by 1 grade, from G to F (puts them about 200 MP behind hume instead of 270)
    [aside: Elvaan is at grade E, and Hume at grade D, so F is the highest you could raise Galka MP and still keep those three races different]

Taru: Increase HP by 2 grades, from G to E (puts them about 100 HP behind hume instead of 200)

Taru: Increase Str by 1 grade, from F to E (puts them 3 str behind hume instead of 5)

Taru (optional): Increase Dex by 1 or 2 grades, from D to C or B (puts them 3-5 dex ahead of hume instead of even; for reference, Mithra is 7 dex ahead).
    This would just be a slight compensation for Taru having no significant positives on the physical side, even with the above adjustments.

All: Increase the rate of HP gain for levels 76-99 by 33% to 50%, so that a 33% increase in level corresponds with a ~33% increase in HP, instead of the current ~20% increase. Note: this change -does- potentially require a rebalancing effort on mobs in general. It may be easier to leave as is and instead take another look at the damage done by the highest level mobs.
    (4)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueMarth View Post
    Tarutaru = Mage, high MP pool, high INT and tied for the worst MND.
    ftfy. I don't know why people seem to think this.
    (2)

Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueMarth View Post
    All MMORPGs have different races, each with their strong point and weak point. FFXI is no different.
    Tarutaru = Mage, high MP pool, high INT and high MND.
    Galka = Tank, high HP pool, high VIT and defense.
    Elvaan = Damage, high STR and attack.
    Mithra = Something... High DEX and AGI.
    Hume = Jack of all trades.

This has been around since the game came out, and I'm sure everybody knew this and chose the race accordingly based on what they like most. To come up 10 years later and all of a sudden say this needs to change, everything needs to be equal is throwing in your "Game it too easy, make it easier so I literally don't have to do anything and throw my money at SE." If you don't like your races weak point, you have 3 choices.
    A. Make a new character that has the stats you want. Exp isn't hard to get.
    B. Pull up your big girl panties and get over it.
    C. Quit.

Honestly, the 5 races SHOULD have strong and weak points, that's the way of any MMORPG. If we want to nit-pick things SE needs to address why not direct your attention to Red Mage, Puppetmaster (I know this isn't the PUP thread, but enough with the mage gear and give PUP DD gear) Legion, Neo Nyzul, Odin V2 etc. Why pick the one thing that's been around for 10 years that makes the most sense, and the people have already dealt with? /rant /thread.
    Taru don't have high mind they have tied lowest mind. Also its only in last 1-2 years we have been able to ask for stuff other 8yrs players wasn't listened too.
    (2)
    Last edited by Masekase; 12-07-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Character
    Marth
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    My mistake on MND, I'm not Taru. Thanks for correcting me. I stand by my point though. All races SHOULD have strong and weak points. Tarutaru SHOULD out-nuke me. Galka SHOULD out-tank me, Elvaan SHOULD out-damage me, Mithra SHOULD out... Theif me... I hate to play "SE automated response" here but... Balance... Making all races equal is giving every kid a "participation trophy" for taking a single step past the start line. Every race should have their perks and weakness, it's called being unique.
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You now I my get a ration of crap for this, but I really don't care for this idea at all. The point to having differently race's goes hand in hand with stat's and HP/MP difference. Elvann's and Galka's should always have a damage dealing advantage in melee combat over a Taru. Just as no Galka should ever be able to out nuke a Taru.

If anything I would make the difference more pronounce. And give certain race's perk's that only they could take advantage of. Taru's with native refresh and MAB, Mithra's with crit and evasion bonuses, Galka's with native defense and regen. Elvann's with increase melee skill bonuses. I'm not so sure where I'd put Hume's on those? Maybe bonuses toward crafting? Seeing that their really not suppose to excel at anything stat wise. But are not the worst either.

In my opinion if your going to bring every one's stats closer together, than there's not even a point to having different races. Everyone would just be a cookie cutter of the next.
    (4)

Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    People made a choice when they picked their chars. Some for look, other for stats even if didn't like the look and some lucky ppl got both. I don't understand why those people should see their choice lose its value now.
    (1)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Regarding the "Tarutaru getting one-shotted for low HP" issue since I think we can all agree that that's the only remotely relevant racial factor at high levels (which used to be balanced when MP was relevant, but all the other base stats were pretty much always purely for flavor purposes):

Retooling racial stats at all would be completely unnecessary if players had access to more effects like Migawari, which prevent being "one-shotted" regardless of HP.

/2gil
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast