Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95

Garlaige's Underground Chest

Take a good look at this map. Note while there are several more than a single Treasure Chest in Garlaige Citadel, there is only one that appears in its basement.

A basement now full of monsters pumped full of steroids for the sake of Grounds of Valor.

You can imagine my shock when, Chest Key in hand, I saw the Treasure Chest guarded by monsters Incredibly Tough to a level 70 player. Not even a Treasure Coffer! A Treasure Chest.

This is obviously an oversight, and while it's a pretty minor one in the grand scheme of things, I would hope that it would only take a trivial amount of time to fix.
    (17)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Looks like SE doesn't care about your problems . I feel sorry for you son, genuinely do.
    (0)

Character
    Helyos
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I vote Tamarsamar for NA Representative. This post could not be any better.
    (1)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post

Take a good look at this map. Note while there are several more than a single Treasure Chest in Garlaige Citadel, there is only one that appears in its basement.

A basement now full of monsters pumped full of steroids for the sake of Grounds of Valor.

You can imagine my shock when, Chest Key in hand, I saw the Treasure Chest guarded by monsters Incredibly Tough to a level 70 player. Not even a Treasure Coffer! A Treasure Chest.

This is obviously an oversight, and while it's a pretty minor one in the grand scheme of things, I would hope that it would only take a trivial amount of time to fix.
    Wait till you see the same thing for a treasure chest aimed at rewarding a level 10 or so player- and the same IT++ mobs to a L70 around THAT. I'll be in the Ruins using my treasure chest key as a backscratcher instead, it's safer that way.

I have an awesome idea, though. If you're going to leave those spawns surrounded by killer death mobs, change the treasure that spawns there.

Make mobs of the area surrounding said now-chest spawns drop "Treasure Trove Keys". These chests now turn into "Treasure Troves" that drop Gil/upgraded gems + an appropriately upgraded version of the treasure chest loot.

So Garliage Citadel chests drop a Pyro Robe, minor gems and a few thousand Gil? Have a Garliage Treasure Trove drop an Ifrit's Robe that's L80+ or so statwise, 16-40K in Gil, and gems in the sunstone/ruby range, while the Trove keys drop off the highest-level mobs. Then add chest spawns someplace less insane.
    (4)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    At least you can half-decently use stealth to get to the chests in Horutoto. In the above-pictured Garlaige chest, once you drop there from the first floor, you're literally surrounded by high-level monsters on all sides.

Not to imply that Horutoto isn't ridiculous in its own right, however.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    At least you can half-decently use stealth to get to the chests in Horutoto. In the above-pictured Garlaige chest, once you drop there from the first floor, you're literally surrounded by high-level monsters on all sides.

Not to imply that Horutoto isn't ridiculous in its own right, however.
    Point being, these represent treasure chest spawns that have vastly higher levels of risk relative to their rewards, and should be altered to match said risks.

Especially when -treasure caskets- from dead mobs that would DROP those keys in the same zone often have superior rewards than the death traps you have to run into to unlock the treasure chests.
    (2)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.