Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Taru make good mages and AGI based jobs. Everyone knows that. Just because Elvaan is more attractive at current end game doesn't mean that Taru should magically get to be #1 again. Taru didn't share their over-sized MP pool back in the day, why should anyone feel sorry for them now?
    Do people forget how obnoxious the "taru black mages" were back when black mage was popular? Seems like a lot of mad tarus in this thread. You made your choice.
    (4)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Instead of modifying HP and MP directly, it could also be done by giving different races damage and MP consumption reductions.
    So a taru would get 20% less damage from any source, but a galka would consume less MP per spell.

The other stats would need a different approach, although equalizing them across all races would do the trick (if a bit boring).
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Instead of modifying HP and MP directly, it could also be done by giving different races damage and MP consumption reductions.
    So a taru would get 20% less damage from any source, but a galka would consume less MP per spell.

The other stats would need a different approach, although equalizing them across all races would do the trick (if a bit boring).
    I always thought that tarus should recieve +50% damage taken, and galkas should recieve -100% EXP-per-kill, personally.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    Do people forget how obnoxious the "taru black mages" were back when black mage was popular? Seems like a lot of mad tarus in this thread. You made your choice.
    I don't. I didn't even play BLM back when it was popular. Sounds like you're just making stuff up. Also, was your Elvaan BLM ever denied to nuke at Kirin/Fafhogg back in 2005? No.

Taru Melee, on the other hand, are often denied to play in Legion because their low HP is a liability.

Thats the issue here. The problem isn't that a racial difference exists, it's that the game has changed to a state where extra HP is the only thing that matters between different races. Extra MP doesn't matter when you get 20MP/tick even outside Abyssea.

A few years go the "racial differences have strengths and weaknesses" argument would hold some water because it was actually true. These days a Galka or Elvaan SCH does every bit as well as a Tarutaru because if you're running low on MP, it's because your group is doing something wrong. Getting one-shot on a Tarutaru melee, on the other hand, just isn't something people can control, and it will put you out a DPS for 3+ minutes.

So either make MP actually matter again (Which isn't going to be easy because of massive refresh choices), or make HP matter less. With the upcoming change to Embrava, we can potentially get like 40MP/tick if you have every refresh buff up. They better plan on adding some amazing spell that costs over 1000 MP and generates no enmity if they want that MP pool to matter.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kincard; 12-07-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post

Or just get rid of one shot moves in this game.

Other states needs to be more important too, I'm fine with every race have weakness and strength, but if certain stats are nearly useless than weakness/strength system is pointless to have too.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Dissociating the stat packages from race would be fine with me too. If I could choose any set of stats at the moment, I'd probably choose Elvaan or Galka. I agree that I don't really want to give up being a Taru, although I'd be fine with a different haircut at this point.
    (5)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    I have no interest in making all the races equal. I leveled 4 different characters in 2003 to figure out which race I liked the best. Guess what, it's Elvaan. ...

It's not like it's hard to build a character in about a month or two if you actually know what you are doing.
    That's exactly the problem. You had to waste months leveling in order to make what should be a simple choice of aesthetics. What a horrible waste of time and a major turn off.

And don't give me that "oh it only takes a month or so to build a character" stuff. Nobody in their right mind is going to to throw out their hard work and re-roll unless it's to build a mule. And it takes a lot longer than a month (not to mention a shit ton of money) to re-level crafts, get AF3+2, do limit breaks, quests, COP/ToAU/ZM/VW clears etc. etc. .Having one or two jobs leveled does not a character make. Nobody should have to do all that to change a simple aesthetic. That is a terrible idea.
    (5)

Player
    While I agree with you mostly, you are somewhat wrong. "it takes a lot longer than a month (not to mention a shit ton of money) to re-level crafts, get AF3+2, do limit breaks, quests, COP/ToAU/ZM/VW clears etc. etc." Crafts, yes. AF3+2 is fairly easy especially if you have a LS your obviously putting this new character in, limit breaks are cake, and getting easier every few months even, quests are so so, they can take time, but depends which you are talking about, CoP takes 1 week, ToAU takes 1~2 weeks, Zilart is able to be done in a single day, VW is a pain because it can be hard to find people for win runs. I wouldn't say most of the things are hard to do, the only real problems I see are luck based drops. Getting back your Mekira body and your Corus from Qilin are going to be your real pains to get back.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've got 99 Ragnarok, Ukonvasara, Twashtar, and Terpsichore, along with 110 Alchemy. Please tell me again how re-rolling is a viable option.
    (7)

Player
    Its not, its stupid, I agree, but most things are not hard to get back. Ukon/Twash are annoying, but easy, Mythic is a bitch to do again, and Rag is time. My point is that most things that are not severely luck based can be gotten back much fairly easily, so long as your resources did not change much since.
    (0)

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast