Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 168
  1. #21
    Player Mirage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Maybe we just need higher hp/mp values in general past 75. It feels a bit lame to only have ~10% more HP now than I did 24 levels ago. Perhaps all races should see an increase in hp/mp, but galkas would just see a smaller relative increase than the other races, and same for MP with tarus.
    (3)

  2. #22
    Player Byrth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,172
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    We have about 18-20% more HP now than we did at 75:
    http://bellsouthpwp2.net/k/i/kinemat...tatCalculator/

    This is regardless of race (and jobs except Monk, I think).

    I was one-shotted last night by the Tier 1 turtle in hall of An when he double attacked my scholar for high-400s + mid-700 damage crit. I had max HP and was wearing my PDT set, which is either 42% or 48% PDT depending whether it's day or night. Options that would have let me survive that:
    1) Be any other race
    2) Get a D-ring (maybe) and/or PDT earrings from that quest (fuuun)
    (3)

  3. #23
    Player Afania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,445
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Basically, Tarutaru is the worst race selection right now because melee is the best way to deal damage, and Tarutaru not only has a slight disadvantage (lower STR) but it has a major, major disadvantage (way lower HP). Short of the best pieces of gear having latents just for Tarutaru (such as by bringing Tarutaru HP up to Hume levels, something like a 220 HP difference), nothing is going to fix this either.
    Taru has higher AGI than a hume(that means better ranged DD, better WF and last stand), hume is the worst race with nothing stand out and gimp at all jobs... ;< Worse DD than Elvaan, worse COR RNG than Mithra, lower HP than galka so can't take AoE dmg as well, and barely gets advantage from avg stat for everything when only a few stat shines.

    IMO Mithra is the best race though, it's only weakness isn't important, everything else are balanced. High DEX and AGI if I remember correctly.
    (0)

  4. #24
    Player Mirage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    We have about 18-20% more HP now than we did at 75:
    http://bellsouthpwp2.net/k/i/kinemat...tatCalculator/
    Really? Always felt like less. Maybe it just felt that because the values are pretty low to begin with. I still think it should be a bit more, though. Perhaps galkas could get an additional 15% more than lv75 values, and tarus would get an additional 20-25% more than 75 values. How do you think that would turn out?

    Naturally, the same would be true for MP values too, where galkas would get a bit more than tarus again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 12-06-2012 at 10:40 PM.

  5. #25
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    HP restoration is not better than max HP if we're talking about regen on equipment, which is the whole problem. Aside from the fact that mages actually have opportunity to idle in their refresh while melees don't get chances to idle in regen during combat (not that it'd matter- mages idles in 4+ refresh even with average gear, melees have to stack a ridiculous amount of gear to get maybe 20/tick at most? Each point of MP is worth like 10x HP), restoration doesn't matter when SE decides to make all endgame monsters do ridiculous amounts of damage now. A Galka NIN is at 1600 HP at 99 (Before merits) and a Taru is at 1200, with the rest sitting around 1400. That 200-400 HP is more than enough to make the difference between getting one shotted and surviving, so some way of changing this would be welcome. I'd be more than happy to trade away some max MP and/or INT so I can get some more HP.

    EDIT:

    Perfect timing too, Matsui just made a post about this specific topic, because JP Tarus are thinking the same thing...he thinks the effects are very far reaching and quite a major change if it's considered, so he has to think about it for a while.

    Good to know it's being considered!

    *Whoosh*

    The primary mode of HP restoration is Cure, typically, though not necessarily, cast by a WHM.

    Nice to completely miss the point though.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

    Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

  6. #26
    Player Kincard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    648
    Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It's obvious you're the one missing the point of the thread (or you have no idea how the game works) if you think cures somehow save people from being one-shotted. That's the reason the adjustment is being asked for in the first place, which was what I was trying to point out. Your original post makes 0 sense anyway, why are you comparing cures (a direct restoration of HP) to Refresh (gradual restoration of MP)? Shouldn't you be comparing it to Devotion? Hate to break it to you, but MP kind of gets the short end of that deal, too. Try thinking before you post.

    By the way even if we were discussing it from the perspective of HP restoration through cures, your point is still nonsensical, because cures still don't do anything when someone's taking a dirt nap after one hit.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kincard; 12-07-2012 at 12:21 AM.

  7. #27
    Player Vortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    287
    Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Taru has higher AGI than a hume(that means better ranged DD, better WF and last stand), hume is the worst race with nothing stand out and gimp at all jobs... ;< Worse DD than Elvaan, worse COR RNG than Mithra, lower HP than galka so can't take AoE dmg as well, and barely gets advantage from avg stat for everything when only a few stat shines.

    IMO Mithra is the best race though, it's only weakness isn't important, everything else are balanced. High DEX and AGI if I remember correctly.
    DO you actually have any idea what you are talking about? Hume is the middle ground, they have no "worst" stats but they have no "best" either unless you count CHR.

    mithra is pretty much almost the same as hume except a little more dex which isn't really something significant as any race can match or top it with gear. you really should actually look at a humes stats on jobs before you make such a judgement.


    Now then.

    It seems Tarus suffer the most in DD department because they are low in the 2 primary stats that helps them in the front line. which is HP and STR. but it seems they were just made to mainly be mages. this is the primary reason i picked a hume so i don't have to go through this lol. i knew i would eventually pick diffrent jobs and hume is great and using different jobs without suffering from stat penatlies other races do.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

  8. #28
    Community Rep Camate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,712
    Greetings everyone!

    There seems to be a large discussion going on over on the Japanese forums in regards to this topic as well!

    Here is a comment from Producer Akihiko Matsui:

    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here. I’ve been reading through all of your opinions.

    The comments from everyone seem to be quite split, as the feelings on this differ from person to person.

    If there is a big enough request for this, I’m thinking we can seriously look into it. However, I consider this an extremely difficult theme due to the fact that regardless of how we change it, the ripple effects would be considerable.

    Even if we were to close the gap a bit, which I believe would be an easier method comparatively; there would be a need to totally revamp the balance for growth per level, and the balance between monsters and content for all levels. (For all of you actually playing, I am sure you would feel ever more variations.)

    While I cannot give an answer immediately, I will think on this a bit as a continue to read over all of your comments.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

  9. #29
    Player Zhronne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,050
    Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The difference between stats is negligible. It's like 11 STR between an Elvaan and a Tarutaru at level 99?
    It's something that doesn't break the game, but makes you feel a bit different from other races, it's all good in my opinion.

    What's not good probably is the HP/MP issue, and more in specific the HP ones since MP matters much less these days.
    As a very competent friend of mine was making me notice, there are abilities that can oneshot you if you're a taru even if you wear full PDT/MDT sets.
    This is not particularly fair and should be addressed.


    Personally my point of view on the issue, which may differ from the majority of people here, is that I like to be differences between races. I don't like other games where races are just for looks.
    At the same time in most other games you have one character per class, here you have one character per many classes, so I recognize there is an issue.

    I just wish this could be addressed in other ways instead than through homogeneization among races.
    Maybe through merits? Could raise the cap of HP/MP merits to 20 and make so each point is worth 20 hp/mp instead of 10?
    Or maybe they could make it dynamic, and make so each point you spend there gives you different results according to your race? Say HP merit would give 5 hp to a galka and 25 to a tarutaru?
    Just an idea.
    It would be a smart way to offer people means to address the issue, but at the same time keep the diversity among races and give players the power to choose.

    Think about it Matsui-sama please
    (10)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

  10. #30
    Player Masekase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78
    Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Even though would like stats made more equal between the races. HP is the main thing I would like increasing esp for taru and same with mp on galka.
    (1)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast