Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I've heard a couple people suggest that in the future, they should add content that would make max MP matter again, such as enemies that have a really wide 40MP/tick decay (as an example) that puts a large max MP pool back into play.

The problem with that is that that creates the opposite problem- now Galkas that like playing mages are horribly handicapped and probably would not ever be allowed to go along, especially if they're filling a role like main healer. It's not a design choice I welcome on either side of the fence.
    (1)

Character
    Jamesruglia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    If anything, I think the racial stat differences should be increased, not decreased. 11 points of anything on a level 75+ character, especially with the equipment available now, is neglible. In a more believable setting, the most heroic of Tarutaru would still be hard-pressed to match even a lazy and inexperienced Galka in terms of strength and vitality.
    (3)
    Sylph/Melmond

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You're playing the wrong game. FFXI doesn't have, nor can afford a believable setting, because of the job system, which is essential to the game. Liking the dynamic job system but disliking the static race system is incongruous behavior and make no sense.
    (7)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    In a more believable setting, the Forces of Altana wouldn't be so awfully slow at deploying reinforcements if they could instantaneously teleport people from place to place. What's your point?

(I could list so many other examples but I don't really think I need to)
    (6)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This entire discussion is a waste. The races are different, they have different stats, too bad. A paid race-change feature should be looked at to appease those who are now unhappy with their selected race.
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    This entire discussion is a waste.
    Your contribution is a waste, because we actually brought arguments for what you shrub off with "too bad". Just because you're either too lazy or unable to read them, doesn't mean they aren't valid. Otherwise we could write every suggestion ever off with "that's the way it is, too bad".
    (4)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    lower HP is the price you pay for getting to jump and backflip during your weaponskills
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    lower HP is the price you pay for getting to jump and backflip during your weaponskills
    Mithra get to do stunts for their weapon skills as well, but they actually have the bare minimum HP needed.

If this logic is what dictates why Tarutaru have lower HP, I demand that Tarutaru be able to ride pets. Wyverns at the bare minimum, Fenrir next, then Carbuncle, and select jug pets (including the frog!) next, and last the Automatons. Functionally useless, it would almost be worth not being as useful as every other race in the game due to a single stat.
    (1)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17