Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Inquiry for Mr. Matsui: Upcoming Weapon Skill Refinements?

From the Job Adjustments Manifesto written in 2011:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    Additional Planned Adjustments
    • Weapon skill refinements
    and this from earlier this year:
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In regards to weapon skills, we are also planning to revamp each job's weapon skills in the future.
    These were written while under the helm of a different producer. It has been a long time since we've heard absolutely anything on this subject matter. To Mr. Matsui, may we please have an update on the status of the planned Weapon Skill Refinements?

I speak for myself and the many disheartened owners of Relic, Mythic and Empyrian weapons that have an incredibly weak weapon skill. Among us, there is little to no hope on this issue due to the lack of updates regarding this adjustment.

The weakest weapon skills that come to mind are the following:
    • Redemption's "Quietus"
    • Rhongomiant's "Camlann's Torment"
    • Farsha's "Cloudsplitter"
    • Caladbolg's "Torcleaver"
    and just about all relic and mythic weapon skills need the refinements.

All of the favorable empyrian weapon skills have a great damage modifier, a chance at critical hits or both. These come to mind:
    • Ukonvasara's "Ukko's Fury"
    • Verathragna's "Victory Smite"
    • Almace's "Chant du Cygne"
    • Kannagi's "Blade: Hi"
    • Masamune's "Tachi: Fudo"
    • Gandiva's "Jishnu's Radiance"
    (Rudra's Storm and Wildfire I am unsure of.)

I am aware a lot of the merited weapon skills are the most powerful alternative at this time but those come at a cost of many merit points. The relic/mythic/empyrian weapon skills all require a great deal of time and gil. For them to be so inferior does not make any sense given the vast amount of time and effort needed to make such a weapon. Just looking at the 11th Vana'diel Census you will find the weapons with the weakest WS being the least popular.

I ask all of you who read this to Like this post and share your thoughts on this subject matter. Hopefully, the community will pass this on the development team and grant us a response at the very least.
    (37)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    dont think Torcleaver is weak at all and rudra storm is powerful when using the right dnc or thf ability.

Cloudsplitter is a good magic WS with the right atma/magi ect. but wildfire is powerful with right atma/magic set
    (0)

Didn't wildfire's performance scale poorly as we leveled up? I mean when the level cap was 85/90 it was awesome but now at 99 it is just "sort of average" compared to other physical WSes?
    (0)

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Thank you! Please adjust Quietus!!! After spending so much time to make it, just to have it be outdone by a dagger. I would honestly come back to the game if they readjusted this weaponskill.
    (2)

Character
    Alegra
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Wasnt the Weapon Skill adjustment supposed to be, altering what WS's can be performed by each job, not the WS effects themselves, there was some mention long long ago, in regards to giving certain WS to a wider variety of jobs, to enable more jobs to proc in Abyssea.
    Last time anything was mentioned on this would be around Dec 2011, when SE made a comment in regards to RDM's temper spell, about "Reviewing RDM's weapon proficiencies next update" ( Connected to the FAQ for each job around that time, and giving RDM native staff skill).
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Didn't wildfire's performance scale poorly as we leveled up? I mean when the level cap was 85/90 it was awesome but now at 99 it is just "sort of average" compared to other physical WSes?
    It is still a very powerful weaponskill. Last Stand does give it a run for its money (RNGs definately like that better, or sometimes Coronach) but you'll find that lots of CORs still favor Wildfire.

Personally, I would love it if they could adjust every weapon skill so that every single one will have some sort of niche use, so we arn't always just telling ourselves to spam the same weapon skill in combat over and over. Obviously we'll always have one that's best for damage but making the rest of them all have some use would be very nice (The Warrior's Break WSs come to mind immediately, if they were improved they would see a lot more use).

Just as an example, I'll use Katana WS since that's what I'm most familiar with:

Blade: Rin- Add "Stun" Effect to the WS.
    Blade: Retsu- Increase the duration of the effect.
    Blade: Teki- Increase damage, add "Drown" effect.
    Blade: To- Increase damage, add "Frost" effect.
    Blade: Chi- Increase damage, add "Rasp" effect.
    Blade: Ei- Increase damage, add "Bio" effect.
    Blade: Jin- Fine as-is.
    Blade: Ten- Add TP-cutting effect.
    Blade: Ku- Increase the mods, make it better than Jin in low-crit situations.
    Blade: Yu- Make TP mod damage instead, make current 300TP duration be the duration at all TP.
    Blade: Kamu- Change fTP to 3.0+, increase current 300TP duration be the duration at all TP, make TP mod damage or crit rate.
    Blade: Metsu- Lengthen aftermath and allow subtle cap break, increase fTP to 4.0.
    Blade: Hi- Increase the crit % mod at various TP values. 20/35/55 like Ukko's would be nice.
    Blade: Shun- decrease the attack penalty at and make the attack scale faster.
    (11)
    Last edited by Kincard; 12-06-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    Rudra storm is powerful when using the right dnc or thf ability.

Cloudsplitter is a good magic WS with the right atma/magi ect. but wildfire is powerful with right atma/magic set
    Rudra's problem is that it sucks unstacked. If they gave it the ability to critical hit without changing anything else about it, the weaponskill would instantly become much more useful. It would suddenly have a 30-40% chance to critical hit and we could probably just spam it and maintain Twashtar aftermath.

Considering the damage isn't really that mindblowing when using it with SA/TA/CF, I don't think this is really so far out of line. If I do the same damage as an average Ukko's Fury when I use Climactic Flourish -> Rudra's Storm (which adds 20% damage with AF3+2 head), then letting it crit normally shouldn't be an issue.

Torcleaver sucks compared to Resolution, which is its competition.

Cloudsplitter is worse than Primal Rend unless you are using a brew.

Wild Fire is fine, but Last Stand is also very powerful. I don't really think this requires adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroe View Post
    Thank you! Please adjust Quietus!!! After spending so much time to make it, just to have it be outdone by a dagger. I would honestly come back to the game if they readjusted this weaponskill.
    If you're still posting here then your account is still active, at least until the end of the month. If you thought otherwise, I recommend that you check the account page and make sure you aren't paying for something you aren't using.
    (4)

You retain forum access for as long as your cookies are valid, or something. Last time I stopped my subscription, I could post here for over 4 months before a random forum maintenance shut me out.
    (1)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Exactly! You are right on target. I think it'd be fantastic to have more tactical options to use our "Tactical Points" on. All our weapon skills should be reevaluated with such a mind set.
    (5)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Rudra's problem is that it sucks unstacked. If they gave it the ability to critical hit without changing anything else about it, the weaponskill would instantly become much more useful. It would suddenly have a 30-40% chance to critical hit and we could probably just spam it and maintain Twashtar aftermath.

Considering the damage isn't really that mindblowing when using it with SA/TA/CF, I don't think this is really so far out of line. If I do the same damage as an average Ukko's Fury when I use Climactic Flourish -> Rudra's Storm (which adds 20% damage with AF3+2 head), then letting it crit normally shouldn't be an issue.

Torcleaver sucks compared to Resolution, which is its competition.

Cloudsplitter is worse than Primal Rend unless you are using a brew.

Wild Fire is fine, but Last Stand is also very powerful. I don't really think this requires adjustment.

If you're still posting here then your account is still active, at least until the end of the month. If you thought otherwise, I recommend that you check the account page and make sure you aren't paying for something you aren't using.
    While wild fire and last stand are fine, Laeden salute is beneath earth atm. The WS sucks from a modifier point of view and the lack of dmg is just fucked, not to mention that alot of mobs (especially NMs) tend to resist the shit out of dark magic elements.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast