Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'd like access to staff weaponskills on BLM, SCH, SMN natively. I think that Omniscience is a great weaponskill in that you can lower the magic attack of your foe for a little while, but I don't think it does enough damage even with great gear, nor does the effect enfeeble your opponent very well.
    (1)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I like where this thread is going. I will agree that there are many Empy weapons/weaponskills that are lacking potency when compared to their piers. In my mind if your going to quest rigorously to make a weapon with a weaponskill on it the weaponskill should be viable to utilize in the majority of the content.

Tanama's comment starting this thread and pointing out the weapons/weaponskills in need of a boost was very much spot on so instead of repeating her I'll quote her. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tanama View Post
    The weakest weapon skills that come to mind are the following:
    • Redemption's "Quietus"
    • Rhongomiant's "Camlann's Torment"
    • Farsha's "Cloudsplitter"
    • Caladbolg's "Torcleaver"
    and just about all relic and mythic weapon skills need the refinements.

All of the favorable empyrian weapon skills have a great damage modifier, a chance at critical hits or both. These come to mind:
    • Ukonvasara's "Ukko's Fury"
    • Verathragna's "Victory Smite"
    • Almace's "Chant du Cygne"
    • Kannagi's "Blade: Hi"
    • Masamune's "Tachi: Fudo"
    • Gandiva's "Jishnu's Radiance"
    (Rudra's Storm and Wildfire I am unsure of.)
    I also agree with utilizing the Census Tanama pointed out to further determine which need to be fixed.

As a Beastmaster main, I am aware Farsha was tested by the dev team and stated to be "working as intended". I advise tests are done again for Farsha and all other weapons/weaponskills in question to determine if each are "working as intended" and are up to par with merit weaponskills, future content yet to be released, and both in and out of Abyssea content in mind. I'd also like to urge that we are kept on the same line of thought as the dev team in this matter as they are sharing their thoughts on the adjustments with Embrava and Perfect Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    Cloudsplitter is a good magic WS with the right atma/magi ect.
    In reply to Nyheen, Cloudsplitter is a decent magic WS with the right atma and plenty of magic attack (which Beastmaster and Warrior don't get much of). The problem is to bring Cloudsplitter up to this decent level a Beastmaster using the weapon/weaponskill has to sacrifice pet power and effectiveness along with their own DoT numbers in exchange for this decent weaponskill (WAR would also loose DoT not just BST). As I've heard stated many times... Cloudsplitter from Farsha (an Empy weapon) gives axes a way to brew NMs that Daggers with the appropriate level of skill can do with Aeolian Edge.

Simply decent just doesn't seem fit for any Empy weapon.
    (8)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Simply decent just doesn't seem fit for any Empy weapon.
    So True, So True.
    (7)

Player
    Remove Drakesbane's Attack Penalty. It won't be overpowered considering how low the base critical hit is at 100% TP compared to other crit WS which have a base crit% of 10-15%.
    (4)

Character
    Kikorimo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Something I think would be nice is allowing more than 3 fully merited weaponskills from the meritable weaponskill list... the combo limit being so low is fine for people who specialize in only one or two jobs, but not so good for people who play most jobs. (I doubt it will happen, but I can dream )
    (5)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The thing is i will be happier if they add more WS to jobs that don't currently have them (or makes sense to have) than if they improve relic mythic and empereal weapons' Wses. I see that the relic mythic empy ws is indeed part of the OP, but i have seen this question in relation to the "Weapon skill refinements" quote several times lately and at the time it wasnt the WSes themselves it was the actual skills and who has them (using the term weapon skills is kinda misleading). I dont remember where it was the the devs said at the time this was the case. I was kinda disappointed when these changes didnt come with the merited WSes.

I am not saying they shouldnt adjust the WSes but i am more afraid they will overlook what id rather see because of threads like this with people just talking bout the power of their WSes, which there is prolly over 9000 threads about.

Actually after reading your full quote of Camate I still see this as what i am refering to as he mentions about maybe not being able to give bst the drk's EX scythe ws. It still isnt actually increasing a WS power but the skill levels and what WSs we get (again the term "weapon skills" is misleading here). I'm surprised no one reacted to THF being put on the meritted gun WS when they dont naturally get gun WSes.
    (1)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    The thing is i will be happier if they add more WS to jobs that don't currently have them (or makes sense to have) than if they improve relic mythic and empereal weapons' Wses. I see that the relic mythic empy ws is indeed part of the OP, but i have seen this question in relation to the "Weapon skill refinements" quote several times lately and at the time it wasnt the WSes themselves it was the actual skills and who has them (using the term weapon skills is kinda misleading). I dont remember where it was the the devs said at the time this was the case. I was kinda disappointed when these changes didnt come with the merited WSes.

I am not saying they shouldnt adjust the WSes but i am more afraid they will overlook what id rather see because of threads like this with people just talking bout the power of their WSes, which there is prolly over 9000 threads about.

Actually after reading your full quote of Camate I still see this as what i am refering to as he mentions about maybe not being able to give bst the drk's EX scythe ws. It still isnt actually increasing a WS power but the skill levels and what WSs we get (again the term "weapon skills" is misleading here). I'm surprised no one reacted to THF being put on the meritted gun WS when they dont naturally get gun WSes.
    While having access to more weapon skills on more jobs is exciting, especially with all the procs, SE has stated they will be making these changes and many of us including myself are happy they will be doing that. Their mentioning "refining weapon skills" does remind us of what we believe needs to be addressed that no matter how we asked in the past has been ignored, put off, or told "it is working as intended" (on the dev part not on our part). We don't intend to make the dev team overlook one change they have stated they will make in exchange for another but to see what we believe needs to be addressed and look into it fitting into the overall scheme of the development of the game.

If we the players didn't speak our mind about what we see as "off" with the game then the dev team will see it as working "as intended" and likely not make changes to it. This is also why you see it talked about all over the forums because it takes X players that want something changed for the devs to consider what to do with the idea.

All that said yes Red Lotus Blade should be accessible to Red Mage. At the same time yes, weapons with their own titles to them (relic, mythic, empy) with rigorous and testing requirements to obtain should have weaponskills viable and highly competitive with other weaponskills for use in the vast majority of content that is and will be out there.
    (2)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hopefully now with the new director looking at version update threads, this one can get some light shed on it.
    (1)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm really trying to understand why some think all weapons should out put same damage. In terms they "NEED" to be equal, The same. It would be trying to fix all stats and modifiers on each weapon... like lets say;

This helps with the Defensive side of said job.

This helps with the abilities of said job.

This helps with the Offensive side of said job.

Here is another way to look at it, A PLD is crying about they want to do more Damage.... and a Warrior is crying about they want to take more Damage.... Now if they would just level each of those jobs on their own character, They would have best of both worlds.

Other Example.

We can have the best of all worlds, We just can't have them all in one(1) weapon is what I'm understanding.
    (1)
    Last edited by Krashport; 12-14-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Player
    Heres where that sucks, the ones for improving your abilities often suck, and you in fact chose the worst as an example. A 450 Mil weapon with alot of extra work into it, and for your reward you do more damage exploding and killing yourself, yay~... totally worth the investment.
    (7)

11. 12-14-2012 09:14 AM
    Reason
    Also Reraise with no weakness.

12. 12-14-2012 09:19 AM
    Reason
    With full HP.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast