Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Ejiin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Aftermath: Level 3

Currently, players are able to overwrite AM1 with AM2 and AM2 with AM3, but are unable to reapply AM3 until the full duration of AM3 wears off.

This especially hurts melee Mythic weapons, whose functionality derives from maintaining the AM3 effect. This has not been too troublesome, however, due to the ability to lock buff effects using npcs, ???s and Magian Specs. when we're forced to wait extended periods of time waiting for ??? to re-spawn.

Now that the ability to lock buffs will be taken away from us, I feel it would be fair to adjust AM3 for all weapons.

Simply making the AM3 effect similar to how Bard songs work, where half the duration of the effect must elapse in order to reapply the buff, would be a fair and reasonable adjustment to make. To get more extreme, the AM3 effect for all weapons could also be extended.

Thank you in advance for giving this post some serious thought. If the devs feel this is unreasonable, an explanation as to why would be much appreciated.
    (53)
    Last edited by Ejin; 12-05-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yes please.
    (3)

Character
    Legend
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Yes, great idea!
    (3)

Character
    Narbzilla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I completely agree with this.
    (3)

Player
    I am with the OP on this as well.
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I also agree and it would make them much more useful.

Bard song's don't require half the duration elapses, though. As long as you cast it with a longer duration, it should stick.
    (2)

Character
    Ejiin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Bard song's don't require half the duration elapses, though. As long as you cast it with a longer duration, it should stick.
    I was aware you could pick a different song to reapply much faster, but if you want to reapply the same song/s, don't you have to wait until a certain duration passes?

Example: When casting songs with Troubadour/Nightingale, then locking those BRD JA, you have to wait about 3 minutes to pass on those songs(unlocked) until the exact songs can be recast on others(it'd have no effect on the locking brd, but would reapply on others).
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Actually you have to wait till less than the base duration is remaining on the song (i.e. less than 2 minutes).
    (0)

Hello,

While we definitely understand that making it possible to overwrite a level 3 aftermath would make it more convenient and ultimately stronger, the development team's stance is that they would like players to think about this aspect and use it strategically. If we were to make unconditional overwriting possible, it would enable the aftermath status to be maintained indefinitely by continuing to use weapon skills at 300 TP, and this is situation the development team does not wish to create.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    We can already do what you're describing and it is the only way to strategically use mythic weapons. It's just less convenient than if you made the adjustments suggested by the OP.
    (26)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast