Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrua View Post
    The logic seems pretty simple to me. They don't want to waste the man power on fixing it since they believe it would be over powered with non-stop AM. Not to mention, I doubt they have time to include much in their current roadmaps for the next year or so.
    You act like changing AM3 to overwrite itself is more than a 10 minute random job for an SE programmer. Somewhere there's a table of flags saying which buffs overwrite each other. Change one of the 0s to a 1 and you're done.

Also, again, we maintain AM3 either way. That's the only way Mythics are good.
    (7)

Player
    The Development Bros don't want people to be able to do what people currently do, maintaining the tier 3 aftermath constantly or almost constantly, which is the only viable tactic for making Mythic weapons perform in a competitive manner.

Instead, the aftermath should be used "strategically" as a result of "thinking about it", which means something that I'm not sure what it means. Let me think about thinking about it. Let me form a strategy for strategically strategizing like a strategist.

Let me...

(6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

While we definitely understand that making it possible to overwrite a level 3 aftermath would make it more convenient and ultimately stronger, the development team's stance is that they would like players to think about this aspect and use it strategically. If we were to make unconditional overwriting possible, it would enable the aftermath status to be maintained indefinitely by continuing to use weapon skills at 300 TP, and this is situation the development team does not wish to create.

Development Team: "We prefer mythic owners wait until the AM3 wears off rather than overwrite it because being able to overwrite your AM3 with a new AM3 is just way too convenient."
    (2)
    Last edited by Tanama; 12-10-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

While we definitely understand that making it possible to overwrite a level 3 aftermath would make it more convenient and ultimately stronger, the development team's stance is that they would like players to think about this aspect and use it strategically. If we were to make unconditional overwriting possible, it would enable the aftermath status to be maintained indefinitely by continuing to use weapon skills at 300 TP, and this is situation the development team does not wish to create.
    We're talking about endgame weapons here, right? Endgame weapons which take months (if not years) of grinding to obtain. More specifically, we're talking about mythics which take more work than empies or relics, and in most cases are a matter of magnitude weaker than their counterparts. You're afraid MYTHICS will become too powerful?

Empyreans just maintain tier 1 aftermath by spamming WSs as soon as they get TP. Yes, tier 1 aftermath on empyrean overwrites tier 1 aftermath. Empyreans are generally the strongest AND most readily available endgame weapons. Name an exception to this rule, and tell me why that job (drg, pup) doesn't deserve some help anyways. "Oh good, our PUP can keep OA3 on indefinitely now? Our enemies don't get enough TP anyways.... Remind me again... why do we keep letting Steve come as PUP when he has useful jobs?"

Note: I'm not upset at the community reps at all. I know how hellish a customer service job is since you get to deliver ALL the bad news and have NO power to change company policy despite overwhelming feedback from customers. My rage is not directed at you, it's directed at whoever decides what is and is not overpowered.
    (4)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    We're talking about endgame weapons here, right? Endgame weapons which take months (if not years) of grinding to obtain. More specifically, we're talking about mythics which take more work than empies or relics, and in most cases are a matter of magnitude weaker than their counterparts. You're afraid MYTHICS will become too powerful?

Empyreans just maintain tier 1 aftermath by spamming WSs as soon as they get TP. Yes, tier 1 aftermath on empyrean overwrites tier 1 aftermath. Empyreans are generally the strongest AND most readily available endgame weapons. Name an exception to this rule, and tell me why that job (drg, pup) doesn't deserve some help anyways. "Oh good, our PUP can keep OA3 on indefinitely now? Our enemies don't get enough TP anyways.... Remind me again... why do we keep letting Steve come as PUP when he has useful jobs?"

Note: I'm not upset at the community reps at all. I know how hellish a customer service job is since you get to deliver ALL the bad news and have NO power to change company policy despite overwhelming feedback from customers. My rage is not directed at you, it's directed at whoever decides what is and is not overpowered.
    I guess that's just what SE wanted: Welcome to FFXI, when hardest to obtain weapon like Mythic or afterglow are nothing but minor upgrade, and we intend to keep them weak
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Again, it's really not much of a maximum potential upgrade. It just makes using the weapons feel like less work.
    (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3