Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

While we definitely understand that making it possible to overwrite a level 3 aftermath would make it more convenient and ultimately stronger, the development team's stance is that they would like players to think about this aspect and use it strategically. If we were to make unconditional overwriting possible, it would enable the aftermath status to be maintained indefinitely by continuing to use weapon skills at 300 TP, and this is situation the development team does not wish to create.
    (21)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'm not sure how we're supposed to do this any more strategically. It's hard to strategize around the random number generator.

When should you start building to 300% again? Well, depends... How many times will OA2~3 proc? In DRG's case, did they proc on jumps? There's no telling if you should start building at 30 seconds left, or at ~10.

You get a lot of multi-hit procs, and you end up holding 300% till AM3 wears, wasting potential DPS. You get too few, and AM3 wears before you hit 300% and you're stuck building the rest without it. Wasting even more DPS potential.

Overwriting would let you refresh AM3 when you get those procs, even if it's a bit early. It's also very frustrating when an NM fight starts when you've still got like 40 seconds on AM3 and 300% TP... And the party/alliance can't afford to wait on me. Do I hold TP, and waste DPS? Or do I risk not getting 300% again before it wears, and WS a few times? I'm not really the gambling type. -.-

Sooo, random number strategies anyone?
    (16)

Character
    Ejiin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Hello,

While we definitely understand that making it possible to overwrite a level 3 aftermath would make it more convenient and ultimately stronger, the development team's stance is that they would like players to think about this aspect and use it strategically. If we were to make unconditional overwriting possible, it would enable the aftermath status to be maintained indefinitely by continuing to use weapon skills at 300 TP, and this is situation the development team does not wish to create.
    First off, thank you for taking the time to reply. It's nice to know our voices are being heard, and for that, I am grateful.

Sadly, I disagree with the stance the Devs are taking on this issue. When the majority of the content we enjoy is either running around from pop to pop, mob to mob; when the majority of content is waiting for ??? and the like to repop, where is the strategy? Our strategy WAS locking our AM3 effect in those down times, but now we have nothing to do but stand there while over 1/3 of the effect we just applied goes to waste.
    (8)

Character
    Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm failing to see the issue here. It still costs 300% TP to refresh aftermath, that's a very big cost. The dev team is making it sound like being able to overwrite it gives you infinite AM3 at no cost to the player which is simply not the case... You blow 3 WS whenever you update aftermath and AM3 for any weapon has it's advantages and disadvantages already. Having to build 300% tp is exactly why mythic weapons are only viable for a handful of jobs.
    (15)

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hello,

What "strategy" is this promoting? Either you can maintain AM3 with a minimum of penalty or you change weapons, Ryunohige and Kenkonken aside. That's assuming you have a functional mythic to begin with (Ryunohige, Kenkonken, Kogarasumaru, maybe Conqueror and Glanzfaust?). Overwriting AM3 doesn't change that, and it doesn't even really affect how mythics fare vs their empyrean and relic counterparts given that most of them barely measure up even if you completely disregard the need to rebuild AM3 or the possibility of downtime eating into your AM3 time.
    (13)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Doesn't the Empyrean "Occasionally does double damage" Aftermath already override itself? And at 100% TP, to boot?

Because if so, I'm not sure what's the big deal about making Mythic Weapons more viable. Altana knows they need it.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    Doesn't the Empyrean "Occasionally does double damage" Aftermath already override itself? And at 100% TP, to boot?

Because if so, I'm not sure what's the big deal about making Mythic Weapons more viable. Altana knows they need it.
    This is incorrect, they do not overwrite their own Tier anyway. AM1 will not overwrite AM1, AM2 will not overwrite AM2 and AM3 will not overwrite AM3 for ANY Empy or Mythic. What they will do is overwrite a smaller one. AM3 will overwrite AM2 and AM1. AM2 will overwrite AM1.

Also empy AM's are different based on the TP level. Each level gives more duration and a larger chance to proc.

Edit: I should note that the Empy aftermath is basically the same for each level, just stronger. While for Mythic each level does something entirely different. AM3 is the ONLY AM you'll ever want up as AM1 and AM2 are rather minor. And since they cannot coexist with AM3 and AM3 is what makes the weapons, the other levels are pointless. Keeping AM3 up though, is quite difficult for most jobs and those that can, still can't plan to time getting 300% tp perfectly as explained by Martel's post. So their, "Plan for it" is hilarious.
    (8)
    Last edited by Sekundes; 12-07-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Here's how I use Terpsi in practice right now with WHM Haste only:
    * 300 TP WS -> melee for 2.5 minutes
    * At 2.5 minutes, I stop WSing and rebuild 300 TP. Typically I No Foot Rise -> Reverse Flourish as well to get there faster.
    * I get 300 TP right around 3 minutes, at which point I wait for AM3 to drop and reapply it.

Letting us overwrite would really just save me a few seconds of sitting there waiting for AM3 to fall before I can reapply when I get 300TP before it wears off. It won't really improve my damage potential very much. It'd just improve how smoothly I can play with a mythic. It's annoying to have to wait 5 seconds so your activation WS won't be wasted or, worse, the times when you don't think about it and end up wasting it.

It's not a very large buff and applies to a subset of weapons that aren't really a balance threat because they're so rare. I don't see the logic behind SE's response.
    (13)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I don't see the logic behind SE's response.
    The logic seems pretty simple to me. They don't want to waste the man power on fixing it since they believe it would be over powered with non-stop AM. Not to mention, I doubt they have time to include much in their current roadmaps for the next year or so.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post

IIRC, the AM effects of Relics, Mythics, and Empyreans arn't even the same buffs, so it's not like they'd even need to adjust the Empyreans or Relics if that was an issue.

Throw in another vote for them changing AM3. The only thing this would do is save a couple seconds of meleeing TP and make it more convienent for use, as Byrth mentioned. For almost all the mythics (Aside from DRG. PUP and...I think that's it. BLM, I guess? lol), the WS is garbage anyway, so wasting 300 TP on a mediocre WS is already a pretty big detriment.
    (3)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast